Question for those of you that scrapbook and visit Disney often

Twingle

DIS Veteran
Do you make a new Disney scrapbook each time you go? At first, I made a Disney scrapbook for each time I went in my adult years, which so far would be three. But, now that we've been DVC members for awhile and often go to WDW twice a year, making a new scrapbook each time will get a little out of hand.

So, how to YOU scrapbook Disney? One album a visit, or one album until it's full of scrapbook pages?

Thanks!

I tend to only make a scrapbook for special Disney trips, like when my oldest daughter brought her boyfriend for the first time. He is 21 and had never been there before, so everything was new to him. We are also DVC members, so it makes it easy to visit often (plus we are only 6 hours away by car). We estimate that the girls have been around 30 times each, so it would be extremely repetitive to do a scrapbook for each trip. Currently I am working on a smaller Disney scrapbook that is the ABCs of Why We Love Disney, and I am using pictures from all of our previous trips.

Twingle said:
Do you make a new Disney scrapbook each time you go? At first, I made a Disney scrapbook for each time I went in my adult years, which so far would be three. But, now that we've been DVC members for awhile and often go to WDW twice a year, making a new scrapbook each time will get a little out of hand.

So, how to YOU scrapbook Disney? One album a visit, or one album until it's full of scrapbook pages?

Thanks!

I tend to make a scrapbook for each trip. But since i went twice last year (april and sept) I will make a combined scrapbook. maybe you can do a yearly book instead of a trip book. i will also put the dates under the photos so I know which was when. I'm anal so that's important to me lol

but I must admit I have photo albums of each trip with every pictures in it.

we were AP holders for 2 yrs. DH's previous employer had GREAT vacation. And it was use or lose.

We chose to use it. :cool1:

I put 3 years of photos in 1 12x12 album. It was much easier than trying to make a book a year.

We always have a ton of pictures from each trip! I must admit, I have a full 12 x 12 album from each trip. It's just DH and I (no kids), but we still look at them all the time (the perfect way to get excited about the next trip!). I know eventually I'll have a million Disney albums, but oh well! :teeth:

I have been to WDW 3 times and of course had tons of pictures.. what I did was mixed them together (now looking back I wished I had split them up somehow).. The first 2 trips I had alot more pictures.. the last trip was just me and DD8 last year.. I took all the character pictures and the ones of us posing, etc and put those in one book.. mainly because I couldnt remember which park some of the pictures were taken in :rotfl: .. Then I have my other pictures.. I put MK, MGM and hotel pictures in one book and then in another book put Epcot and AK... I wished I had done it differently but thats how I did it..

Me and DD8, DS12 and DD14 are headed back on Tuesday for one week and I plan on taking tons of pictures.. These will go in the same books and not put with other pictures because this trip is special to me.. Its the first trip of me to WDW with all 3 of my children.. and perhaps the last of just me and them.. We plan on going in 2 years when the grandbaby is 2.. My stepdaughter is having a baby in July.. so we will wait until baby is 2 before we go back and then it will be a family trip so that will be special in itself.. and of course those pictures will have their own special scrapbook :teeth:

I do one for each year and include each trip we took that year. So far it's worked out good for us.

I've always made a separate book for our trips. My kids however get a best of book with my favorite photos of them from the trip. These books will encompass all their trips - kind of like a timeline for them. I've also made a few ABC books as gifts which are fun to do. I had seen an idea somewhere to use the "If you give a mouse a cookie" idea and made a book "if you take your kids to disney" and loved how that turned out.

Do you know where you saw the "if you take your kids to Disney" idea? My children LOVE those books, and a scrapbook along those lines would be wonderful!

Thanks!

I do one for each trip. If I end up with 40 albums one day , its ok. I wouldn't give up my books for anything. My pictures are the one thing I bring back from disney each year that I really cherish.

I too do a scrapbook for each trip. Being that the average trip runs about 250-300 pics I can't combine them.

I don't mind because aside from the kids books that is really the only thing I scrapbook.

I made/am making a separate album for our Disney Cruise and WDW visit. I have a mini album of my 50th birthday at DL and I have an ongoing album of our DL visits (which will probably be several albums some day). I also have our ABC swap in an 8 x 8 album and I am looking through pics to put in there.

We go to DL way too often to make an album for each visit, so when we go, I try to take different pictures to do a few different pages. Last time I focused on everything that was gold for the 50th anniversary celebration (don't have those scrapped yet).

Jeanne

We go to DL 2-5 times a year. I have "Disney trip" albums that they go into. The trips are done consecutively. Some times, there will be several years in an album and sometimes (like last year for DL's 50th), there will be one year in an album.

Can't wait to get my trips into the new Creative Memories album! I need 4 and I'm probably at least 1 whole album (4-5 trips) behind!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter