Question for Vistana Resort Insiders

erinch

Parsing the same ee cummings poem for 20 years
Right now, we are planning our canceled May trip for the last 2 weeks in October, staying both weeks at the Vistana, renting from an owner. We love Fountains 1. Any insider news on when the Lakes/Fountains pool is re-opening?

From Vistana website
( I would call the resort a week before checking in to confirm which pool will be open)
Pool maintenance closures are slated for the Lakes, Spa, and Springs pools that require one pool at a time to close. The other pools and outdoor whirlpool spas will remain open and available for Guests to enjoy. Dates for this project are not determined

From Vistana website
( I would call the resort a week before checking in to confirm which pool will be open)
Pool maintenance closures are slated for the Lakes, Spa, and Springs pools that require one pool at a time to close. The other pools and outdoor whirlpool spas will remain open and available for Guests to enjoy. Dates for this project are not determined
Thanks for this. Do you a have a link? The last report I saw said that only the Cascades and Superpool were open, and no hot tubs. Wondering what the projection is for the latter part of October, if known.

I would put a bit more trust in what is on the COVID-19 status page. I find the Resort Info page isn't well updated and can be out of date. As of today (July 29) here is the current status for Vistana Resort (https://hub.vacationclub.com/resort-updates/?cid=intrnl-vistana-covid-19-property-updates):
Sheraton Vistana Resort
Orlando, Florida, USA
Resort Status: Open with limited amenities and services currently in place.
Important: Even where not currently government-mandated, please note that face coverings are required in all indoor resort public areas and recommended in outdoor public areas.
Due to a government order, face coverings are required for all Owners and guests when outside your villa (including in
all common and public areas) except when an individual is unable to wear a face covering due to a medical condition or disability. Please visit the links below for official information on the mandatory restrictions including facial covering requirements, etc.
The current status of resort amenities and services is subject to change at any time due to governmental requirements and/or changes to operating guidelines. Please continue to check this website frequently for updates prior to your upcoming reservation.
Please visit the State of Florida visitor website, https://floridahealthcovid19.gov/travelers/, for information on the mandatory 14-day quarantine for guests traveling to Florida from New York, New Jersey or Connecticut. Failure to comply with these requirements is a criminal offense, punishable by imprisonment, fine, or both.
The Cascades Pool and the Spa Pool are open daily from 9 a.m. to 9 p.m. with social distancing limitations. The Courts Pool is open daily from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
The Cascades Fitness Center is open from 9 a.m. to 9 p.m. with social distancing limitations.
The MarketPlace is open Friday through Monday from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
The Main Activity Center is open Monday through Sunday from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
The tennis courts, basketball courts and playgrounds in the Cascades Association are open with social distancing requirements. Mini-golf and tennis racket rentals are open from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. daily.
Bicycle Rentals are available daily from 12 p.m. to 5 p.m.

Current Amenity & Service Status:
Open/Available

• Concierge
  • Jogging Path

Open/Social Distancing Required

• Activity Center
  • BBQ Grills
  • Bicycle Rentals
  • Fitness Center
  • Kid’s Club
  • Mini-Golf Course
  • On-Site Convenience Store
  • Pool Chairs
  • Pool(s)
  • Poolside Cabanas
  • Sports Courts/Playgrounds

Closed/Unavailable

• Activities (On-Site)
  • Fitness Classes
  • Hot Tub(s)/Spa(s)
  • Housekeeping (Daily)
  • On-Site Restaurant
  • Pool Bar/Grille
  • Spa Services
  • Steam Room/Sauna

The status of resort amenities and services is subject to change at any time.
As reported, it appears that the hot tubs/spas remain closed.
Those are the same pools listed as open by a recent guest at the Vistana thread here: https://www.disboards.com/threads/the-sheraton-vistana-resort-thread-key-links-on-p-1.3148502/
I suspect (conjecture) that the resort is probably trying to congregate guests on the South side of the resort to aid in cleaning protocols and reduce staff requirements. The South side would get preference for opening because it has the sections that were sold with deeded ownership. The resort has more latitude on placing owners who are on a points or float ownership (which is all of the North side) and are probably trying to place most of those in Cascades. Again, total opinion on what I "think" is going on based on a couple of reports here on DIS and on TUG.
I imagine that the North side of the resort will start to open as occupancy rises, but I suspect that it is probably pretty low right now due to the hot-spot situation in Florida. Probably not for quite a while. I know we are pretty close to calling off our 2021 visit and waiting until 2022 to next use our ownership.

We don’t own there, but have been renting from owners since the mid 90s. Springs was our go-to with that funny Miami Vice decor until Fountains opened up and the kids became teens and then legal young adults. Cascades would be a non-starter for us, as we have always been successful in getting a 3rd floor pond view. Springs was never ideal be cause of the interstate, but the water view is nice.

if you want that top floor non high-rise water view if we are going to be stuck on the south side, what would you recommend? Spas? We have to go now because our daughter is getting married in May 21 and won’t have more vacation. Graduation trip and her hubby to be’s first trip to Disney. Hoping October is at least adequate.

Timeshares aren't exactly packed these days, so the resort should have a fair bit of flexibility in placing you. If you really like Fountains, at least ask for it. I am sure that they have some owners who are insisting on staying over there even with the lack of amenities.
A lot depends on your arrival day. If you are arriving on Saturday, then I would definitely go for Springs. Saturday buildings 1-5 do not front onto 535 and have (IMO) the best pond view in the resort. The area back there is like a tropical jungle. With a Sunday arrival stay away from Springs - those are the buildings fronting 535.
Spas is a great section but it is Friday arrivals only, and is a deeded ownership section, so the resort has less latitude on placing you there. Note: Courts (Sat), Falls (Sun) and Spas (Fri) are the 3 sections that were sold as fixed deeded weeks.
I haven't stayed in Palms, but the Sunday buildings are pretty well located, and would be very similar to Springs. I don't recall which section was built first.
Note also that the Miami Vice look is long gone from the entire resort. Finishes and furnishings are pretty much the same in all sections; differentiation is mostly bed size and type/location of bathtubs.

So if I were to get a Sunday check in, which area should I request?
For Sunday checkin on the South side (@Gina-Gina-Bo-Bina confirmed North side is fully closed right now), then your best choices are Palms for low-rise (3 storey) or Cascades (taller buildings with elevators). Palms does have skylights on the top floor as well (love google satellite view for confirming these things). The main detraction for Palms is that it is a bit of a walk to amenities as it is at the front south corner of the resort.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter