Question on AmEx Coupon with Alamo?

aimcat

Mouseketeer
Guys this is not pertaining to a check in at Alamo at MCO but at Alamo at Ft Lauderdale, but I used the Amex code about a month ago not realizing it was an Amex code along with the $30 off coupon, it gave me an incredible rate of a standard suv, for only 129 a week, but we do not have an Amex card! Now when I check using other codes the cheapest is compact for almost 90 more. Our travel is in 8 days. Is there anyway to get by using the Amex code but not using the card? We always do the online check in and last year a lady just handed us our contract and pointed to the lot.

Guys this is not pertaining to a check in at Alamo at MCO but at Alamo at Ft Lauderdale, but I used the Amex code about a month ago not realizing it was an Amex code along with the $30 off coupon, it gave me an incredible rate of a standard suv, for only 129 a week, but we do not have an Amex card! Now when I check using other codes the cheapest is compact for almost 90 more. Our travel is in 8 days. Is there anyway to get by using the Amex code but not using the card? We always do the online check in and last year a lady just handed us our contract and pointed to the lot.

Some codes require certain CC to be used for the rate to be honored, and some don't. There is really no way of knowing until you are at the counter (unless it's specified on the fine prints). You are probably better off booking a back up reservation just in case your Alamo reservation can't be honored without an AMEX card. That way you won't be stuck paying an even higher regular/counter rate.

LAX

The problem is my rate I got about a month ago using the Amex coupon and 30 off was 129, which is great. Now when I check using Orlando code or Costco and 30 off its giving me 300+!

The problem is my rate I got about a month ago using the Amex coupon and 30 off was 129, which is great. Now when I check using Orlando code or Costco and 30 off its giving me 300+!

I understand your dilemma, but what are your other options? Walk-up rate may be even more expensive if your deal with AMEX isn't honored.

LAX

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter