Question on Tiramisu

deelam

DIS Veteran
Does anyone know if the cheese in a Tiramisu taste like the cheese in a cannolli?

I ordered a tiramisu cake but I'm not sure if I will like it. I do like cannollis.

Most recipes I've seen for cannoli use ricotta & sometimes mascarpone as well. Tiramisu generally uses mascarpone, although I've seen recipes that substitute low-fat ricotta. :confused3 I think they're very similar, although personally I think the ricotta has more of a "cheese-y" taste than the mascarpone. I think you'll like the cake. :teeth:

Here's a statement about substituting for the mascarpone that may give you an idea about the taste: "* As a substitute for mascarpone cheese, combine 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, 1/3 cup sour cream, and 1/4 cup whipping cream; beat well."

It sounds like the mascarpone may be creamy and fluffy. It sounds good. Thank you for your help.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter