Question on Toiletries

Crowsie

Earning My Ears
Hi All!
I've been reading all sorts of tips on how to pack toiletries.
We're staying at FW Cabins...I thought they supplied character soap and shampoo....
Do we still need to bring our own soap and shampoo..did I hear wrong?
Thanks!!
Crowsie

No matter the hotel, unless your hair is short, my experience is to bring shampoo and conditioner. Especially swimming shampoo and conditioner if you are going to be in the pools. THey use lots of chems to keep it clean but it's bad for hair.

Regarding the packing, One of the best space saving methods is to put everything into ziplock bags. I prefer freezer bags in either the quart or gallon size because the plastic is a little thicker. If you use the off-brands like Suave, you can purchase them at about a dollar a bottle and not have to worry about bringing them back home with you.

I like to save up those sample size containers of products we will need form other trips, supermarket give aways or introduction offers.They are in no leak packages and take up almost no room and can be tossed after use!I even go on a site called daily freebies.com and sign up for free samples. I have almost enough for a week stay in January.
Jordan's Mom

Putting everything in Ziplock bags is also good if the top comes loose on something, saves your stuff from getting covered with shampoo or hand cream......Never had a problem since i started using the plastic bags......:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Jordansmom- Thanks!

I checked out todaysfreebies.com and it's really interesting.

I've thought about purchasing a couple of those travel cases with the different bottles for shampoo and cond., a plastic tube for your toothbrush and a soapdish. This will probably work best for us, since we have decided to buy the FL res. season passes. Now I'll be ready at a moment's notice to fill up my bottles, grab my soap from the shower and go!

One more thing. I use Olay daily facials and these will be great to take, since they are dry and so compact.

At FW a sm bottle of shampoo/conditioner, a bar of facial soap and a bar of body soap is supplied each time the maid cleans your cabin. These are very small in size. Depending on the size of your family you may need to carry extra. Our family of 5 plus niece was at FW
about 2 months ago. I picked up 2 travel size bottles from Walmart, filled them with our favorite shampoo and conditioner and with the ones left by the maid, we had plenty.
I always carry a bar of our favorite soap from home, plus bubble bath for the kids.
I hope you have a great trip!!!!!!!!!:sunny: :wave: :sunny:

Disney changed their shampoo a few years ago. We bring our own becasue we do not care for the "new" shampoo.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter