Question re: time share rental-please help!

imgointoDis

Earning My Ears
Can anyone tell me what a "Lockout Unit" means in timeshare lingo? I went on the TUG site and someone has a lockout unit that sleeps 2 for rent. What does this mean? Are the accomodations way too small to even consider?? :confused: :confused: :confused:

A lock-off or lock-out timeshare villa is one in which a larger villa is really made up of two smaller units. When the common interior connecting door between them is locked on both sides, either side may be used by separate families (with separate exterior entries). The main side is the one with the Master Suite, full kitchen/LR. It may or may not have a 2nd BR & bath.

The smaller side is the lock-out unit. If it's described as a hotel unit (no kitchen), then it's just a regular hotel room & bath. If it's described as a studio with partial/mini- kitchen, then it's a hotel room & bath, with a table & 2 chairs, wet bar, coffee maker, mini-fridge and sometimes, a microwave. If it's a 1-BR with partial kitchen, then it's a hotel room & bath with a separate room that's like a den (sleeper sofa, partial kitchen). They vary quite a bit. Most lock-offs have a double or queen bed plus a sleeper sofa, and will say they sleep 2 though they really sleep 4. Some have a standard sized tub with jacuzzi jets. Some contain a stacked washer/dryer. And some have more appliances and cookware/dishes, even a tiny dishwasher and 2-burner range top. Find out what yours would actually contain and decide from there whether the price seems to be worth it to you.

The resort may also offer more than most hotels, so find that out too. Where is it?

Feel free to email me with questions about timeshare, if I can help.
Lisa P. potter@a-o.com

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter