Question regarding BWV bathrooms

kris10399

Mouseketeer
Ok this may sound a little strange but there is a reason...
I was wondering if anyone can tell me approximately how many feet it is from the beds to the bathrooms/toilets in any class of room at BWV.

Here is the reason... DH and I are trying to get my whole family to go to WDW next May. My Dad recently had cardiac surgery where he had an LVAD implanted and basically, he runs on batteries. When he is not on batteries, he is connected to a power supply which has about a 30 foot power cord that he is tethered to. (Katie Couric had a piece about the LVAD on her show the other week). My Dad is wondering if he would be able to make it to the bathroom during the middle of the night while on his power supply.

Anyone know? Any help would be appreciated.

If it is a studio, he should have no problem. He could plug it in at the sink and it should be enough to make it to the bed. The commode is very close to the sink in the studio.

I don't think that it's 30 ft in a 1 BR but, I was just in a 1 BR at BWV and recall that there was no outlet next to the side of the bed nearest the bathroom. I suspect that it wouldn't be a problem in other 1 BRs at BWV.
Can he disconnect briefly and run on the battery? Or, keep a portable urinal next to the bed for #1.
No other great advice. Good luck.

He could disconnect and run on batteries for the potty but it is an inconvenience (relatively speaking). the LVAD runs on 2 batteries at one time, not just one. But I hadn't even thought of the urinal. That shouldn't be too much of an inconvenience for maybe 5 days.

thanks for the suggestions!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter