Questioning DXDP upgrade.

jf256

Mouseketeer
Morning All,

Bit of background. Going to WDW next year. 1st time only myself and my long term Boyfriend. We are staying in AKL. We are from the UK so got a really good free dining deal which i upgraded to DXDP.

So full holiday is:
Sept 16: Stay in hotel at Gatwick.
Sept 17: Fly to MCO
Sept 18: DCL Dream
Sept 21: Univeral Loews Pacific
Sept 23: AKL
Oct 3: Fly Home

So that is a lot of food before we even get to wdw.

I am questioning it. Because i just came back from a week of stuffing our face at the isle of wight.. 2 sit down meals roughly ( Lunch usually a sandwich/ Burger no apps no dessert) and (Dinner seafood or steak etc either an app or dessert) and one or two small snacks a day.. ocassionally a full english instead of lunch.

This was a week.. and i felt so sick by the end of it. I love the food on the isle of wight but i am looking forward to going on a diet now!!

So i feel a bit guilty about all the food.. and dont know if i should cancel it or notm

But.. as two 20 somethings 《cough closer to 30 somethings》we really like the chance to just sit and have a meal in the evening and as we are going in september we could have a late sit down meal and not end up missing park time as they close quite early.

Also want to do BOG and CRT and a couple of 1 credit. So i dont think the ddp will be enough.

The upgrade was about £580 for both of us.. so about £29 a day. I honestly think paying out of pocket for the occassional app and having to sacrafice the signatures wouldnt be worth it for us. But would like your opinion.

As it was a free upgrade i will just plan to get what i want and not worry about having a dessert. But if it is included i might feel obligated and take a bite.

Also.. taking into consideration the tips and time we would probably throw a couple of QS meals in there as well.

Any advice?

The upgrade from free makes it very difficult to see OOP for the extras as a better value, BUT, if you can decide where you WANT to eat, not based on the plan, then we can help you with the math. You have some valid concerns...more food than you'll want, the extra in tips, this is the END of your vacation that already has lots of food. So, what are your must do restaurants at WDW?

Must dos are:

CRT (was initally bfs only choice.. wants to eat in the castle)
BOG (i really love beauty and the beast)
La Hacienda ( we have really rubbish mexicans in the uk)
CG (brunch and dinner)
All the restaurants at akl .. as we are staying there and one of the reasons we chose it was the food.
Morimoto Asia (bf saw a documentary on morimoto and wants to go there)

+ At least one/ two mickey meals

I am an app over dessert person 100 percent. Places like sanaa would want the bread.. etc.

I think you have just answered my question..

Just the above would be 17 ts credits. So looks like it will be worth it to upgrade.

Might have a few credits left but we could bring home gifts for the family etc

Thanks for your help!!

Must dos are:

CRT (was initally bfs only choice.. wants to eat in the castle)
BOG (i really love beauty and the beast)
La Hacienda ( we have really rubbish mexicans in the uk)
CG (brunch and dinner)
All the restaurants at akl .. as we are staying there and one of the reasons we chose it was the food.
Morimoto Asia (bf saw a documentary on morimoto and wants to go there)

+ At least one/ two mickey meals

I am an app over dessert person 100 percent. Places like sanaa would want the bread.. etc.

I think you have just answered my question..

Just the above would be 17 ts credits. So looks like it will be worth it to upgrade.

Might have a few credits left but we could bring home gifts for the family etc

Thanks for your help!!

I did not do any math, but just looking at your choices, I htink you need to upgrade.

I would book a TS breakfast or very early lunch and then use your 2 TS for you dinner choices.

I did not do any math, but just looking at your choices, I htink you need to upgrade.

I would book a TS breakfast or very early lunch and then use your 2 TS for you dinner choices.

Yeah i think so too. Did an initial plan with this sort of option but thought it might still be too much. But i dont have to overdo the buffet or eat a huge amount at dinner. Im not too bothered about coming out on top financially just dont want to overpay oop when we could of got loads of credits for the same amount.

I will do the maths anyway just out of interest and let people know.

We always do the DDP and love it. As we get older, and DD is an adult (a real adult, not a Disney adult lol), we eat at more TS restaurants, especially Signature. We always end up having to pay OOP because we run out of TS credits. So, we are actually considering getting the DXDP, which I never thought we would do.

If you enjoy a cocktail and signature dinners keep the dxdp. The upgrade cost isn’t bad.

Aim for 2 meals a day, a signature and a late breakfast or early lunch.

Maybe not dine extensively at Universal?

You can also skip a course here or there

If you enjoy a cocktail and signature dinners keep the dxdp. The upgrade cost isn’t bad.

Aim for 2 meals a day, a signature and a late breakfast or early lunch.

Maybe not dine extensively at Universal?

You can also skip a course here or there

Thanks for your help everyone - this is pretty much what we are going to do- and will just skip courses as and when needed.

Planning on roughly:

6 x 2 Credit Dinners.
4 x 1 Credit Dinners
and a couple of PPO breakfasts.
Which we will ADR 180 days out. I want to make sure that we have the dinners booked.

The rest we will probably wing it closer to the time and if nothing is available we will just do QS. Might do a few of the packages - fantasmic, ROL, parade viewing etc just to get around the queuing side of it. Have a few lunches at epcot f&w etc.

So it is confirmed - stick to the upgrade and don't overeat for the sake of it...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!