Questions about Labadee

LSUfan4444

DIS Veteran
First time sailing to Haiti so I've got a few questions about Labadee and some RC questions in general (I don't remember from my sailing last year).

Thanks for any help!

• Is it correct that booking for specialty dining and beverage packages becomes available 90 days before sailing?
  • I can see now the ability to add excursions in San Juan and St Maarten but not for Labadee. Do the excursions in Labadee open at 90 days from sail date like specialty dining and bev packages?
  • If we wanted to book a beach cabana at Nellie's beach, is this something that sells out very fast at 90 days and if so, what time does booking become available?
  • I read that the cabanas over the water can accommodate 6 guests. There are a total of 9 of us in our party and I don't see 9 of us wanting to be there at the same time so would it be okay for one of us to book it but all 9 of us use it throughout the day?
  • It seems from pictures like the dragon splash waterslide is close to the arawak aqua park....how close is that in relation to Nellie's beach and what beaches are closes to these two attractions? Our 7 year old is probably going to want to spend most of her time in the water, on the beach and either at the water park or on the water slide.
  • Does anyone happen to have a current map of Labadee? I found this one online but not sure how current/accurate it is.
  • labadeelinkmap2.jpg

Last edited:
First time sailing to Haiti so I've got a few questions about Labadee and some general RC questions in general (I don't remember from my sailing last year).

Thanks for any help!

• Is it correct that booking for specialty dining and beverage packages becomes available 90 days before sailing?
  • I can see now the ability to add excursions in San Juan and St Maarten but not for Labadee. Do the excursions in Labadee open at 90 days from sail date like specialty dining and bev packages?
  • If we wanted to book a beach cabana at Nellie's beach, is this something that sells out very fast at 90 days and if so, what time does booking become available?
  • I read that the cabanas over the water can accommodate 6 guests. There are a total of 9 of us in our party and I don't see 9 of us wanting to be there at the same time so would it be okay for one of us to book it but all 9 of us use it throughout the day?
  • It seems from pictures like the dragon splash waterslide is close to the arawak aqua park....how close is that in relation to Nellie's beach and what beaches are closes to these two attractions? Our 7 year old is probably going to want to spend most of her time in the water, on the beach and either at the water park or on the water slide.
  • Does anyone happen to have a current map of Labadee? I found this one online but not sure how current/accurate it is.
  • labadeelinkmap2.jpg
You might want to ask this over on the Royal Caribbean forum: https://www.disboards.com/forums/royal-caribbean.193/

That is a pretty accurate map - I think the main things that have changes is that there are now clamshells for rent down by the far left side of Adrenaline, by that first umbrella icon, and there are bungalows for rent on Columbus Cove. I don't see the waterslide, though...am I missing it?

The Arawak Aqua Park is that circle area labeled 40, with the little pier leading out to it. It's directly accessible from Columbus Cove.

Royal doesn't seem to have a hard and fast schedule for releasing excursions and packages like DCL does. I think our excursions for the Allure sailing opened at like 56 days, with some things like shows and drink packages showing up sooner.

Agree with above comments. Only thing to add is we explored cabana but we were 7. NO GO. They said they used wristbands for the 6 and no one else could enter. I get it, makes sense, but I never went over there to verify it. We did Adrenaline first time, Columbus Cove second time. No worries on food etc, there is some close no matter where you choose. I would look at being close to the things you think you will like.

Map is accurate but not good scale - to give you a better visual.

This is looking down on Adrenaline side and you can see Aqua Park up in cove. BUT we were on Columbus Cove beach and the Aquapark was very far away. So if you can get a Nellie's Beach Cabana it would be perfect.

Key is what to you want to enjoy ongoing, then pick a spot close to it. If I had kids I was going to let explore I would def be picking a spot close to where they would be heading.

824-large-f4679e97076e93d082eaed34cf6bd1e0.jpg

From Columbus Cove you can see how far away the AquaPark is ... Nellies Beach is actually closer.

ColumbusCove-IMG_8377.JPG

This has some good pictures http://www.gettingstamped.com/labadee-haiti/

Nellie's Beach is to the left of the slide. The sand in front of it is close to slide & aqua ... and maybe that is still considered part of Columbus Cove.

Labadee-Haiti-Dragons-splash-waterslide-800x450.jpg

Nellies Beach left of AquaPark

Labadee-Haiti-beaches-800x450.jpg

Last edited:
Could someone give me a mini itinerary for Labadee please? We are 6 in our 60's. I am hoping for where to go and how to get there and in what order lol! I am thinking beach,bars,lunch and maybe shopping. Thanks so much!!! Not in that order- necessarily!

Not really sure what you enjoy, but I would say you should try the new Adrenaline Beach Floating Bar. You can actually walk up to it (wear water shoes). It is always fun to watch the Dragon's Breath Zip Liners overhead from Adrenaline Beach. If you Google, "First Timers Guide to Labadee" you can get a nice overview of what there is to do.

Whats the deal with water shoes and the floating bar..is it because of walking on rocks or something?

lol...Well thanks, no I cant read it even in my own voice.

I hate water shoes and would really prefer to not have to bring any and I see people suggest water shoes but I don't know why they are

lol...Well thanks, no I cant read it even in my own voice.

I hate water shoes and would really prefer to not have to bring any and I see people suggest water shoes but I don't know why they are

North side is rocky but if you walk towards the island (away from ship) it gets much better and you can walk around the rock areas.

824-large-f4679e97076e93d082eaed34cf6bd1e0.jpg

Are the water shoes more for walking around the island or to get out to the floating bar? I usually bring a cheap pair of flops to water parks, castaway cay, etc and leave them on shore.

Cabanas sell out FAST! I'm not going on their cruise, so I don't know the details, but my aunt has already booked hers for the 3rd week of January 2018.

We went in April and booked Cabana on the ship. Mountain Coaster was very fun. My sons and I would run back and forth from the Cabana to the Coaster. Good snorkeling right from the Cabana.

so this port is in Haiti? but is it a private island? I have never had any desire to travel to Haiti quite honestly....but those pics look beautiful

The port is in Haiti. It is sectioned off as a privately leased RCCL beach destination. So it has a private island feel, but if you look at a map it is part of Haiti.

so this port is in Haiti? but is it a private island? I have never had any desire to travel to Haiti quite honestly....but those pics look beautiful

Haiti is called "La perle des antilles" (the Pearl of the Antilles)... It used to be gorgeous (and parts of it are still gorgeous) but they had it rough in the last 15 years and unfortunately never really recovered from the last hurricanes. :(

FY:
If you choose to go to Columbus Cove, when you go back by the dining area ... you will see a large fence and on the other side are roads/paths from the non RCI part of island. Labadee is completely fenced off. There will probably be some Haitian folks standing along the fence or sitting on rocks begging for money. The security said you can hand them money if you want but nothing else. It was a bit of reality.

I read somewhere they may have added a second wall to prevent this, but it looks like from pics you can still see them sitting on rocks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!