Questions about my DCP Interview....

nrt_219

Earning My Ears
So I just had my phone interview a couple weeks ago, and I just want some opinions/thoughts on what to think about it!
I had applied, done the WBI, and invitation for phone interview all in one day. Since this whole process had gone so quickly and smoothly, I was feeling fairly confident, but also a little skeptical.

Prior to my interview, I did a ton of research. I've read practically every blog about the phone interview process, and watched multiple youtube videos giving tips. I compiled a word document, color coded and everything, with 25+ possible questions and how I wanted to answer them. It was more of a study guide for me, I memorized my answers so I wasn't reading word-for-word.

I was super nervous up until the call, but after I answered the phone I was immediately calm and felt comfortable and confident. My interviewer was very kind and friendly. The reason I'm not optimistic about the outcome of the interview is because I was barely asked any questions. She asked me the typical questions you would expect, but after she asked me about my desired roles, she only asked two questions about two different roles, and at that, she only asked me one question about each. I wasn't asked any situational questions, no "typical" interview questions such as strengths/weaknesses, nothing. I was so prepared to answer any possible question, but she only asked me maybe seven questions total, most of which I feel I answered pretty well, but now I'm being critical of myself. I truly am qualified for the internship, with both my past jobs and my major as hospitality.

I'm just confused and don't know what to think of it. I'm still waiting for a response via email/the dashboard, but I just want to know realistically if I should be expecting a rejection. Is it a bad thing that I was only asked a few questions, and no "what would you do if..." questions? Right now my expectations are pretty low so I'm not too disappointed when I get a rejection lol. Again, don't know what to think, so if anyone has any insight that would be awesome and much appreciated!! (sorry this is such a long post....just trying to relay all the details!)

Last edited:
I think they don't always ask the situational questions because they train you when you get there, and not knowing the answer now doesn't say anything about your ability to do the job.
Especially if your application had a lot of experience etc

I personally wasn't asked any of those questions and am doing the program now, however I am Australian so might be slightly different.

Hello,
I'll be doing the ICP this summer, coming from Canada, so although it's slightly different I imagine the interviews are fairly similar!
Honestly, they only asked one situational question about one role, and it wasn't even the role I ended up getting. The interviews are really not that long, they have an insane amount of people to get through so don't feel bad about them not really taking too long on that point.
You sound like you were very prepared, which is always helpful and definitely a good sign, but obviously none of us here can tell you whether or not you actually made it in!

tl;dr - don't worry, it's not a negative reflection of you that they didn't ask, you still have a chance!

Good luck, and let us know!

OP, I would avoid using specifics. People will come on here and defend the "anonymous" posting this site gives, however, if you offer up too much information about yourself, interview dates, people you spoke with, etc, there are members of the Disney brass here. I've seen here and other places, CM's that came to forums complaining about something or looking for advice about a certain situation and they were then called into HR by Disney managers and had their posts on the forums brought up.

As far as what you posted in your original post, chill out, relax, let things play out. You'll hear something in time.

OP, I would avoid using specifics. People will come on here and defend the "anonymous" posting this site gives, however, if you offer up too much information about yourself, interview dates, people you spoke with, etc, there are members of the Disney brass here. I've seen here and other places, CM's that came to forums complaining about something or looking for advice about a certain situation and they were then called into HR by Disney managers and had their posts on the forums brought up.

As far as what you posted in your original post, chill out, relax, let things play out. You'll hear something in time.
Thank you for your suggestion, I hadn't even considered the fact that any Disney personnel would be on here, that's my bad! I took some specific info out, was just trying to be as detailed as I could so that it was clear my situation! Thank you!!

just wanted to update the few of you who commented on this...I got in!!! Got my acceptance email last night, and couldn't be happier!! I got attractions, which is so surprising to me but I am more than excited to get one of my top picks! thanks for the support & words of encouragement!!!

just wanted to update the few of you who commented on this...I got in!!! Got my acceptance email last night, and couldn't be happier!! I got attractions, which is so surprising to me but I am more than excited to get one of my top picks! thanks for the support & words of encouragement!!!

Amazing! I'm so excited for you! When do you start?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!