Questions on Universal Orlando Ticket Upgrading

JNL Travel

Earning My Ears
Our family of 4 (Mom and Dad with kids 9 & 10) will be visiting Universal Orlando this weekend. We have already purchased 2-day 2-park tickets. We would like to upgrade our tickets to 2-park seasonal passes but are also considering going to Volcano Bay for just one day next week. Can we first upgrade our 2-day 2-park tickets to 3-day 3-park tickets, then on the last day at Volcano Bay, upgrade our the 3-day 3-park tickets to 2-park seasonal passes. We will be returning to Universal Orlando in December for just one day and are not planning to go to Volcano Bay during winter so a 2-day seasonal pass is what we need. When upgrading our tickets at guest service inside the park, are we being given new paper tickets? Will they know we have already upgraded once? Does Universal allow upgrade from a previous upgrade and will they allow upgrade from a 3-park ticket to 2-park seasonal pass? Any advice or suggestions will be greatly appreciated! Thanks!!

3 day 3 park tickets are more expensive than 2 park season passes, so that would be a downgrade. Not sure they will give you money back.

Thanks. I understand the 3-day 3-park ticket is more expensive than the 2-day seasonal pass. I don't expect them to give me any refund but just want to be sure I am allowed to do the "downgrade". If this work out, it will be a better deal on our part because it will be cheaper than to upgrade to 2-day seasonal pass and then buy the a one day Volcano Bay ticket separately.

I don't think they will have an issue with it. There have been downgrading reports here before.

I would like to report back that we have successfully upgraded our 2-day 2-park tickets to Volcano Bay promo 4-day 4-park tickets and then downgraded to 2-park seasonal pass with no extra cost to us. Yes, this means we have only paid for the 2-day 2-park tickets but ended up going to VB for 3 days and then receiving the 2-park seasonal passes without paying a penny. The guest service (especially John at the VB) at Universal is amazing!

I would like to report back that we have successfully upgraded our 2-day 2-park tickets to Volcano Bay promo 4-day 4-park tickets and then downgraded to 2-park seasonal pass with no extra cost to us. Yes, this means we have only paid for the 2-day 2-park tickets but ended up going to VB for 3 days and then receiving the 2-park seasonal passes without paying a penny. The guest service (especially John at the VB) at Universal is amazing!

Did you do that in person? Or did you contact Universal? I accidently purchased a 3 day 2 park, park to park and I want to change it to the promo that they have right now (the 2 days 3 park + 2 days free) Which is only $10 more. I also have a ticket which is a 2 park, 2 day park to park that I want to upgrade to the 3 park pass. Think I'll have the same luck? TIA!

Did you do that in person? Or did you contact Universal? I accidently purchased a 3 day 2 park, park to park and I want to change it to the promo that they have right now (the 2 days 3 park + 2 days free) Which is only $10 more. I also have a ticket which is a 2 park, 2 day park to park that I want to upgrade to the 3 park pass. Think I'll have the same luck? TIA!
Yes. I did it in person at the Guest Service inside VB. It is at the right hand side after you enter VB.

I've got a question also about upgrading/downgrading tix....I just booked a 5day stay at CB via the Universal travel dept...and park of the package included what they are calling an "3 Park Explorer Ticket" which should give us access to the parks our entire stay with park hopping...BUT I was wondering IF I could upgrade that to a annual pass? And IF so...what the cost would be? Thanks!

Not sure since you booked a package

Call them and ask if the ticket portion of the package is upgradable

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter