Quick Dining Review 12/29 - 1/3

ENJDisneyFan

DIS Veteran
Just returned from a trip over NYE and thought I would post a quick review of the TS restaurants we visited. We go to Disney fairly often, so the goal for this trip was to eat at mostly new to us places. Trip was myself, DH, and teen boys (17 and 14) who consider themselves foodies lol.

Toledo (Coronado Springs) - since we were staying at CS for the first time, Toledo was a must do and it did not disappoint. We really enjoyed the atmosphere and the service was excellent. For appetizers we had the charcuterie and braised chorizo - both very good. Both kids had the filet for their entrees, which they enjoyed. Not the best filet they've ever had, but good. I had the sustainable fish (swordfish) and DH had the chicken. Overall we really liked the food and would definitely go back if staying at CS.

Shiki Sai (Epcot) - the food and view here were equally amazing. Sushi, meat skewers, tuna...all delicious. The only thing we didn't care for were the Wagyu dumplings, (they had a bit of an odd smokey flavor). Otherwise, everything was delicious, and we will definitely be back. If you can go after sunset the view of the ball is stunning!

Tony's (MK) - this was not our first time at Tony's and since we were dining on NYE it was kind of a convenience reservation more than anything. However, we enjoyed the meal and the food has definitely improved over the past few years. Favorite dish was the rigatoni with chicken and vodka sauce -- great flavor. But star of the show here is the garlic bread, SOOOO good!

Maya Grill (CS) - this was not a reservation we made in advance, rather we ended up eating here out of convenience one night and it was .... fine. Not bad, but certainly not the best Mexican food we've had (especially for the price). Favorite was probably the chicken flauta appetizer and the chicken fajitas. Not a bad choice if you're staying at CS and need a meal without planning ahead.

Space 220 (Epcot) - I know this one gets mixed reviews and I can see why. Food was pretty good, atmosphere is cool, but service was incredibly slow. For the price it was a one and done for us, but my kids thought it was fun so I'm glad we went once. We tried 4 different appetizers and we all agreed the cauliflower was our least favorite. It wasn't bad, just nothing special. Tuna, tortellini, and calamari were all really good apps, short rib was the standout entree, and the blue planet and chocolate cake desserts were yummy.

Rix Sports Grill (CS) - we ended up eating here a few times out of convenience. It's pretty typical bar food, nothing amazing but a solid choice for a quick meal or if you want to catch a game. My son really loved the garlic parmesan tenders, he ordered them I think 3 times throughout the week lol (tip - you can order carryout from here as late as 10:45om, so a nice option when getting back late from the parks).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter