Quick January 2020 visit

JBurke

<font color=green>WL VET
Decided to have a couple days of fun before dropping my DD off for her January 13th DCP Spring 2020 check-in.
Stayed at the Coronado Springs Resort and ate at the following:

Wolfgang Puck Express at Disney Springs Marketplace
Shared a Margherita pizza. It was delicious and just enough for the two of us. Pizza came quickly and they had red pepper flakes and shredded Parmesan cheese if you requested it.

Wine Bar George at Disney Springs
We are not much into wine and came more for the food. DD and I each had a Froze and shared the meatballs in polenta, the burrata cheese, and the fried mac and cheese. All were terrific but the Meatballs with polenta was the absolute winner! The polenta was out of this world and the meatballs were very tender.

The Ganachary in Disney Springs
Ate the most wonderful dessert ever created - the smores! It was soft, melty and oh so rich. VERY messy to eat but worth it. My DD who is now in the DCP went last night to have again only to find that they no longer have them (at least for now). Guess they are only seasonal so i am so happy I got to eat before they left.

Sprinkles in Disney Springs
Bought a 6-pack of cupcakes to eat in the room during the rest of our stay. They were all yummy but did get a little dry after 2 days.

Casey's Corner in Magic Kingdom
Shared some corn dogs and fries. Tasted fine but nothing to write home about. Sorry, no picture.

Spring Roll Cart in Adventure-land
I really wanted to try the cheeseburger spring rolls. They only had one left, and they come in twos, so they gave me the pepperoni one was well. The cheeseburger one was delicious and better than pepperoni. Caution, you better like pickles because you really taste the pickles in it. Sorry no picture as I had to eat it quickly in order to get onto Pirates!

Mickey Pretzels in Magic Kingdom and Hollywood Studios
We couldn't wait to eat a Mickey Pretzel after a long 4 years. All the pretzels were delicious no matter which park, but the cheese is another story. In Magic Kingdom we got the cheese they pump out into a cup and in Hollywood we got the pre-packaged cup of cheese. Sorry to say the pre-packaged WINS! the pumped one had no flavor.

Baseline Taphouse in Hollywood Studios
DD and shared a pretzel with beer cheese. It was super yummy and quite large. Many people were eating the charcuterie board and it looked terrific. I wish we would have tried that too but we were too full. Sorry, no pic.

Woody's Lunchbox in Hollywood Studios.
After getting to the park at 5:30am to score of ROTR boarding pass we were starving and this seemed to be the only place with a QS breakfast option. We shared the
Smoked Turkey Breakfast Sandwich and a Breakfast Bowl. Both were very good and hit the spot. We also tried the Chocolate-Hazelnut Lunch Box Tart. It was okay, a little dry I thought but I am not one fore pop-tarts anyway. No picture.

50s Prime Time in Hollywood Studios
Such a fun place. Our waitress Aunt Linda was so sweet and promised to watch out for my DD during her DCP program. We shared some onion rings and a chocolate shake - both very good. When I mentioned to Aunt Linda that I had never tried the famous PB&J shake, she went in back and brought me out a small cup of the shake! So good and I will get that for sure next time. I had the plate that comes with meatloaf, pot roast and fried chicken. It was all really good. For dessert we ran over and shared a num num cookie. It was good when nice and warm but we were both too full to eat too much of it. It wasnt as good later.

Rix Sports Bar in Coronado Springs
This place was awesome. We shared the nachos and giant pretzel served with queso and chorizo beer queso. The nachos were unlike any I had before with lots of cojita cheese and the pretzel was HUGE and both sauces were terrific. We also shared a burger which was juicy and filling. They had key lime pie on menu which is my weakness and it was great too. Came with a berry sauce on it which I could do without but was still good.

Polite Pig at Disney Springs
Went to dinner with my DDs DCP roommates and families. DD and I shared the BBQ Cheddar Sausage whcih came with mac n cheese, cornbread and cole slaw. Wow was this place good - the sausage was sooo flavorful! Other families shared larger boards with ribs and brisket which also looked fabulous. I wish I took a picture but I guess we ate it all too fast!!

Looks like you had a decent mix of delicious delights. Everything looks yummy. I bet your daughter was pretty disappointed about not being able to get the Smores. Hate it when that happens.

Thanks for taking the time to write these reviews. I had the s’more a couple of trips ago and it was delish !

We were also pleasantly surprised by Rix! I hardly see it mentioned but for apps and to catch a game it can’t be beat. Those nachos look killer! I wish my whole life was showered in cotija.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!