Quick Service Dining Plan Experiences

Bradster1067

Earning My Ears
Hey, so I was wondering about everyones experience with the quick service dining plan. Were you able to finish all the food on the plan or did you have a fair amount of credits left? We got the plan as part of free dining, so we aren't worried about making the plan "worth it", but just curious to get a sense of the amount of food we're going to have. Thanks!

Moved to the ddp board

This is a very subjective question. Personal, I don’t find qs meals all that big. Some places maybe more than other, but I’m not sharing my meal. Mine!

So you get 2 qs meals and 2 snacks per day. Many use a snack credit for breakfast (bagel, muffin type thing)band the 2 qs meals

It appears to be a decent daily allotment. Plus the snack credits can be used at f&w.

The plan can work quite well, but I would do a fair amount of planning of where we would eat each day

The plan can work quite well, but I would do a fair amount of planning of where we would eat each day
I have one picky DGD, one with tree nut, peanut, sesame allergies and a DD who really likes salads. I go through all the menus for the parks, pick out the ones that have something that everyone can and will eat at and mark them in MDE as favorites (the little heart) and then when we are hungry I can open the app and have a list for each park of places to eat.

On my last trip, I had an insane number of QS meal credits left (9 from a 7 night stay). This was caused by poor planning/inexperience on my part: I was staying at Coronado and my room was at least a 10 minute walk from the main building, so I only ate at my resort once. Also, I can’t have any kind of seasoning, so staying somewhere with Latin food was stupid (I wrongly assumed the cheeseburger wouldn’t have seasoning). For my upcoming trip, I chose an ASMo preferred room, so I’m close to food and it looks like I can actually eat it.

TL:DR—I would’ve used all my meal credits if I had known to do better research.

We found that it was plenty of food (my DS is 20 and DD is 17). Last trip, we did a split stay. On our last dining plan day, we went to WPE and Polite Pig and did take out for all our leftover credits. We ate those leftovers for the remainder of our stay!

I think it's like any other dining plan, you really need to do your homework to see if it's a value for you. Create a sample day for yourself and see if you're happy with what you'd be eating and with how the dining plan would work out with what you would want to buy. Both in terms of cost and in terms of being pleased with your options.

For instance, we tend to buy salads and.or sides a lot, and the plan doesn't cover those. So that's something for us to bear in mind. Now, on the flip side, we don't eat desserts regularly, so the QS plan is more closely in line with our eating habits in that regard. :)

Hey, so I was wondering about everyones experience with the quick service dining plan. Were you able to finish all the food on the plan or did you have a fair amount of credits left? We got the plan as part of free dining, so we aren't worried about making the plan "worth it", but just curious to get a sense of the amount of food we're going to have. Thanks!

I’ve done the quick service plan once and then the next trip we went with the deluxe plan. I thought the quick service plan was ok. It was our first time trying any of the dining plans out and it was very convenient not having to pull out our cards especially since you don’t have to tip on this plan.

However, for me, I can’t really do counter service meals for an entire trip. I didn’t find a lot of healthy options (which was necessary for me because the greasy and fried foods got to me after awhile) in comparison to what was offered at table service restaurants. I also didn’t like that a lot of the places didn’t offer dessert along with the plan (but maybe this is a positive for you).

I’m a small person but I still eat three times a day. I’ve read some of the threads on here and it seems this is odd to some Disney people (eating breakfast, lunch and dinner) but it’s perfectly normal in the real world. 😂 I don’t think two meals per day and a couple of snacks is a lot at all. In fact that’s why we moved over to the deluxe plan because we didn’t feel full on quick service twice per day. I really enjoy the deluxe plan for this reason, I know my three meals are taken care of for each day of my trip.

I will say that if you’re trying to dip your toe into the dining plan world then this is a good way to do it without spending a lot of money or having a lot of credits left over because you’re still trying to figure out the system.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!