Quick service dining plan update!

sandam1

DIS Veteran
While I posted this information a while ago in response to someone's dining plan question, I wanted to make it its own thread to make the information easier to find.

Sometime recently (before our trip at the end of September at least), Universal changed what was included in their quick service dining plan. I always used to say that the dining plan wasn't a great deal, but they changed it to where, IMHO, it can be worthwhile.

With the dining plan, you get one meal with a drink. Then you get 2 snack/drink credits to use later. This is the BIG change! The snack and drink credits are interchangable! So you can get 2 drinks (a huge waste of value!), 1 drink and 1 snack (you're probably going to come out even), or 2 snacks (this is the best deal). Butterbeers are a snack. They are also $8 each. So if you use your 2 snack/drink credits on butterbeer that is an additional $16 value. I don't know when they made the change, but this rocked my math. Now, for me, it's worth it.

This information contradicts what is currently on Universal's website, but below is an image of a receipt from our trip at the beginning on December, showing how the beverages and snacks are combined.

I hope that this helps people with their planning.

Thanks for posting that. You are right that the website does not reflect that.

This makes it even better. I've always encouraged the idea of using the dining plan, because even the original way, if you knew the right things to get you could easily get a great value, as combos are/were included. For example, a bacon cheese burger combo at Mel's which includes the burger, fries, and shake is $17.49.

I've also noticed with checking the website the price has increased, but only by a couple of dollars. I believe the last time I checked it was around $23, but it states now $25.99.

This is great news. I agree that it makes the quick service plan a MUCH better deal. Does anyone have an updated list of snack options? All of the ones I see are very out dated. Thanks in advance.

We had this during our trip and I purchased 3 quick service plans- 2 adults and 1 child and was surprised by the change. We used ours for 1 dessert at Leaky Cauldron- butterbeer potted cream, 2 butterbeers, 1 soft serve at Florean and 1 2-scoop hard pack at Florean and one dessert- chocolate trifle at 3 Broomsticks! I thought it was a great value for the plan.

We had this during our trip and I purchased 3 quick service plans- 2 adults and 1 child and was surprised by the change. We used ours for 1 dessert at Leaky Cauldron- butterbeer potted cream, 2 butterbeers, 1 soft serve at Florean and 1 2-scoop hard pack at Florean and one dessert- chocolate trifle at 3 Broomsticks! I thought it was a great value for the plan.

I have seen conflicting information about the snack credits working at Florean's. Did they work on anything or just specific things?

I have seen conflicting information about the snack credits working at Florean's. Did they work on anything or just specific things?
It worked for one soft serve in a cone on the 24th and it worked for a 2 scoop hard pack in a cone for us just yesterday.

Looking at doing this for our trip in a couple weeks. Where do you go to exchange your tickets for the dining card? Is it only outside the gates? Hoping to not add a bunch of time to our entry.

I'm hoping to do lunch at the Leaky Cauldron, a butterbeer and Florean's ice cream. Would this all work for the quick service plan? Pricing it out looks like it will be $10 cheaper per person, which would be great.

Last edited:
Do all the credits need to be used the same day? Like if I use the meal one day can I use the snacks different days?

Where do you go to exchange your tickets for the dining card? Is it only outside the gates? Hoping to not add a bunch of time to our entry.

I'm not sure what you're talking about. The dining card isn't (usually) related in any way to your tickets.

I'm hoping to do lunch at the Leaky Cauldron, a butterbeer and Florean's ice cream. Would this all work for the quick service plan? Pricing it out looks like it will be $10 cheaper per person, which would be great.

It should. Your lunch (including a regular drink - usually cider) would be the meal. Butterbeer would be snack #1, ice cream (no souvenir cup) would be snack #2.

Any experience with the milkshake combo meals recently? Does the milkshake count as the drink or do you get a drink in addition to the milkshake? A few years ago when they had the BOGO half off promo for passholders and we used several plans, this was very inconsistent. Some places gave us a drink and some didn't- not that we expected one.

Also wondering about Florean- can the credit be used on the souvenir glass?

Sorry to bump an old thread but I was going to ask two questions posted in the thread - is there an updated list of snacks somewhere and if you get the combo meals can you still get a drink?

I have not personally been to Universal in many years but the quick service plan seems like a good deal. Thanks for any info!

When I was there back in October we got both the milkshake with the combo meal and the drink. So much liquid!

We are looking at buying the quick serve dining as well when we go in July. Probably 1 plan for each of us for each day, especially if they close at 6.

Honestly, seems like a great deal. Was looking at some meal prices, and a lot of the quick serve meals will easily be over $20 when you add the drink.

Do not everything on a menu is included in a dining plan. Example Bumble bee only one thing has the DP next to it

Jumping on this dining thread... We are moving our WDW trip to USO next month. If we do QS dining plan with kids, what if there is no kids' menu - ie Classic Monster Cafe. What happens then?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter