Quick Service Meal Plan

I plan on getting QS plan on days we are planning on getting the more expensive meals over $15, and getting the high price snacks. Will get the mug on first day we get the dining plan. I’m not a pop drinker, but lots of non pop options in the freestyle machines.

I heard once you have mug, there is an option to refill per drink, at $1.50? on other days.

That is correct.

Longer answer: Universal used to have two separate mug programs. With the classic mugs you paid for individual refills and with the Freestyle mugs you paid by the day. Now Universal has merged the two programs so you can pay either way.

You raise a good point about the QS dining plan. You can buy it on the spot, so if you are ordering an expensive meal go ahead and buy the dining plan. No need to buy it in advance.

That is correct.

Longer answer: Universal used to have two separate mug programs. With the classic mugs you paid for individual refills and with the Freestyle mugs you paid by the day. Now Universal has merged the two programs so you can pay either way.

You raise a good point about the QS dining plan. You can buy it on the spot, so if you are ordering an expensive meal go ahead and buy the dining plan. No need to buy it in advance.

I didn’t know you could buy a dining plan at anytime? Is there someplace where the prices are? Last year we purchased the the quick service DP and Freestyle Mug, We are going for 4 days in May and haven’t purchased a DP or mug. Isn’t there a separate mug just for the resorts?

I didn’t know you could buy a dining plan at anytime? Is there someplace where the prices are? Last year we purchased the the quick service DP and Freestyle Mug, We are going for 4 days in May and haven’t purchased a DP or mug. Isn’t there a separate mug just for the resorts?

Cabana Bay has their own drink program.

You can bring your mugs back from last year if you want. The new ones have a screwtop lid and no handle so they fit better in the small lockers.

From Universal's website, the QS Dining plan is $23.99 per person per day. For $29.99 you get the dining plan and a cup. Or you can buy the cup by itself for $15.99. They usually offer discounts for more than one mug at a time.

This comes from Universal's Guide to the Dining Plan:

WANT TO PURCHASE YOUR DINING PLAN-QUICK SERVICE IN THE PARKS? Each of the listed venues also sell the Dining Plan – Quick Service card directly. Just stop by to get yours.

Cabana Bay has their own drink program.

You can bring your mugs back from last year if you want. The new ones have a screwtop lid and no handle so they fit better in the small lockers.

From Universal's website, the QS Dining plan is $23.99 per person per day. For $29.99 you get the dining plan and a cup. Or you can buy the cup by itself for $15.99. They usually offer discounts for more than one mug at a time.

This comes from Universal's Guide to the Dining Plan:

WANT TO PURCHASE YOUR DINING PLAN-QUICK SERVICE IN THE PARKS? Each of the listed venues also sell the Dining Plan – Quick Service card directly. Just stop by to get yours.
Thank you for the link and information.

Lebeau gave you good info, to answer your question, yes. You can pick which days you want the Quick Service plan. I plan on buying the 29.99 plan with the all day refillable mug the first time. If I buy another day, I may get the $23.99 plan and bring my mug for $1.50 pay refills. The $23 plan comes with 2 beverages, so maybe I’ll only want to refill mug 2 more times. If I find I’m going to fill it 6 times it will be better to go with the $29 plan. But I don’t think I’ll drink that much.
I will be bringing the mug to the park every day regardless of if I have dining plan. As I mentioned, you can just pay for refills.

Lebeau gave you good info, to answer your question, yes. You can pick which days you want the Quick Service plan. I plan on buying the 29.99 plan with the all day refillable mug the first time. If I buy another day, I may get the $23.99 plan and bring my mug for $1.50 pay refills. The $23 plan comes with 2 beverages, so maybe I’ll only want to refill mug 2 more times. If I find I’m going to fill it 6 times it will be better to go with the $29 plan. But I don’t think I’ll drink that much.
I will be bringing the mug to the park every day regardless of if I have dining plan. As I mentioned, you can just pay for refills.

Thank you. Can we buy the plan anyplace, at Cabana Bay, City Walk? Is there a DP for just Cabana Bay? What is included in the regular DP not QS. Thank you

Thank you. Can we buy the plan anyplace, at Cabana Bay, City Walk? Is there a DP for just Cabana Bay? What is included in the regular DP not QS. Thank you
The dining plans are just for in the parks and city walk. It’s too bad the resort restaurants aren’t included. You can buy the quick service anywhere. At the parks or from hotel concierge desk.
The regular DP has to be bought as a package with your room for entire stay. I’m not familiar with what’s included.

Just to add on to Sue M's answer, you can buy the QS Dining Plan at the restaurants where you can use it. So if you're at Thunder Falls Terrace and decide you want to get the chicken and ribs, that's an expensive entree so it might make sense to buy the plan. You will get a card which has credits for a snack, drink and entree. Then go ahead and redeem the entree right there and you still have a snack and drink credit to use whenever you choose to do so.

Orlando Informer has a lot of helpful info on the plan. Here's a few sample meals that illustrate when the plan makes sense and when it doesn't:

• Meal: Chicken & Rib Platter from Monsters Cafe $14.29
  • Drink with meal: Regular soda $2.69
  • Snack: Regular Dippin’ Dots $4.99
  • Additional drink: Powerade $3.29
  • Total: $25.26, so we saved $5.27
  • Meal: Chicken Parmesan Platter from Louie’s Italian Restaurant $10.99
  • Drink with meal: Coffee or Hot Chocolate $2.39
  • Snack: Soft Pretzel $3.29
  • Additional drink: Regular soda $2.69
  • Total: $19.36, so we lost $0.63
  • Meal: Soup & Salad from Beverly Hills Boulangerie $7.19
  • Drink with meal: Ice cold milk $2.39
  • Snack: Churro $2.99
  • Additional drink: Bottled water $2.75
  • Total: $15.32, so we lost $4.67

Just to add on to Sue M's answer, you can buy the QS Dining Plan at the restaurants where you can use it. So if you're at Thunder Falls Terrace and decide you want to get the chicken and ribs, that's an expensive entree so it might make sense to buy the plan. You will get a card which has credits for a snack, drink and entree. Then go ahead and redeem the entree right there and you still have a snack and drink credit to use whenever you choose to do so.

Orlando Informer has a lot of helpful info on the plan. Here's a few sample meals that illustrate when the plan makes sense and when it doesn't:

• Meal: Chicken & Rib Platter from Monsters Cafe $14.29
  • Drink with meal: Regular soda $2.69
  • Snack: Regular Dippin’ Dots $4.99
  • Additional drink: Powerade $3.29
  • Total: $25.26, so we saved $5.27
  • Meal: Chicken Parmesan Platter from Louie’s Italian Restaurant $10.99
  • Drink with meal: Coffee or Hot Chocolate $2.39
  • Snack: Soft Pretzel $3.29
  • Additional drink: Regular soda $2.69
  • Total: $19.36, so we lost $0.63
  • Meal: Soup & Salad from Beverly Hills Boulangerie $7.19
  • Drink with meal: Ice cold milk $2.39
  • Snack: Churro $2.99
  • Additional drink: Bottled water $2.75
  • Total: $15.32, so we lost $4.67
Good examples, prices have changed but the idea is the same. This is why I like the QS plan. If I want the big meal I’ll buy it that day. Some days I want lighter meals so don’t buy.

Good examples, prices have changed but the idea is the same. This is why I like the QS plan. If I want the big meal I’ll buy it that day. Some days I want lighter meals so don’t buy.

Is the QS Dining Plan, just for one meal and one snack? Not like the Disney 2 meals n 2 snacks

Do they still have the 10% off the meal plan with the freestyle cup promo if you pay with an American Express card? I used it last time we were there but it was quite an ordeal with the girl at the counter figuring out how to enter it in the computer correctly.

Do they still have the 10% off the meal plan with the freestyle cup promo if you pay with an American Express card? I used it last time we were there but it was quite an ordeal with the girl at the counter figuring out how to enter it in the computer correctly.

I just show that promotion on my phone's USO app, and had no issue. Sorry you had an issue, sometimes I do find a TM not knowing how to, so then I just go to another one.

I just show that promotion on my phone's USO app, and had no issue. Sorry you had an issue, sometimes I do find a TM not knowing how to, so then I just go to another one.
That’s good to know! I didn’t realize there’s a discount.

To revive this discussion...

Any recent experience buying the quick service meal card and only using the meal/drink on the day of purchase. Can the snack and drink be redeemed the next day?

I was able to do this to my advantage summer of 2017 but that was ages ago since I played around with using the quick service plan to try and save a few dollars.

To revive this discussion...

Any recent experience buying the quick service meal card and only using the meal/drink on the day of purchase. Can the snack and drink be redeemed the next day?

I was able to do this to my advantage summer of 2017 but that was ages ago since I played around with using the quick service plan to try and save a few dollars.
Yes, I believe the credits don’t expire and you can use remainder of credits another day. The trick will be to know which card has the remaining credits!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter