Quickest transportation from Wilderness Lodge to Magic Kingdom

World_of_Laughter

Earning My Ears
Which would be a faster way to get from Wilderness Lodge to the Magic Kingdom: taking the boat directly to MK or taking the boat to the Contemporary Resort then walking the rest of the way?

I think taking the bus would be fastest on average. But it depends on how soon after the bus or boat has left that you arrive at the bus stop or dock.

I don't see any advantage to taking the boat to CR, and adding in the 10-minute walk to MK (other than that the small Launches are more fun than the Cruisers IMO.)

My son says he finds the bus the fastest, but this trip we had really good luck with the boats to MK. I wouldn't go to CR.

The boat is faster and more consistent. Bag check coming off the boat vs. off the bus saves a LOT of time.

Since you only inquired about boat transportation - though as others have pointed out, there is a bus which is way faster than any of the boat options - I'd say if you can see the MK boat coming when the CR shuttle boat is docked, I'd wait for the MK boat. If you can't see it, then probably taking the CR boat and walking to MK would be the quickest option.

I found that I did not have to wait long for the buses and the trip was short.

I would hate taking the bus when I have the option of boat.

Don't the WL boats also stop at FW? I can't remember the order of the stops. I think it depends upon the time of day? If the CR boat goes directly to CR, but the MK boat stops at FW first, then the CR boat + walking to MK would be faster.

Don't the WL boats also stop at FW?

The FW and WL MK boats are different color flags and don't usually service both resorts. They used to go to both stops years ago, but not anymore. The CR boats still service both resorts so it's important to pay attention to the direction the boat is approaching WL from.

The CR boats still service both resorts so it's important to pay attention to the direction the boat is approaching WL from.
It shouldn't matter, because the 2 boats travel in opposite directions and are timed to depart CR at the same time. If you were to get on the boat heading towards FtW, you'd spend more time on the boat, but you'd arrive at CR at about the same time as if you'd waited for the boat heading towards CR.

It shouldn't matter, because the 2 boats travel in opposite directions and are timed to depart CR at the same time. If you were to get on the boat heading towards FtW, you'd spend more time on the boat, but you'd arrive at CR at about the same time as if you'd waited for the boat heading towards CR.

My original point was to take the MK boat if it's on the way if you want to arrive at MK in the quickest amount of time. If you don't see a MK boat, then the CR is the backup plan. Having stayed at WL many times, it's almost never worth it to hop on the CR boat if your destination is MK unless you're one of those folks who just has to be moving in order to feel like you're getting somewhere.

My original point was to take the MK boat if it's on the way if you want to arrive at MK in the quickest amount of time. If you don't see a MK boat, then the CR is the backup plan. Having stayed at WL many times, it's almost never worth it to hop on the CR boat if your destination is MK unless you're one of those folks who just has to be moving in order to feel like you're getting somewhere.
Yes, no argument with that.

I think what OP above meant above is the boat to CR stops at the campgrounds before going to CR. Not sure if it changes at any point in the day but it has been always my experience and that is what did in August when we where there. The boat stops for the CR boatare CR, WL, Campgrounds then back to CR and repeat.

I think what OP above meant above is the boat to CR stops at the campgrounds before going to CR. Not sure if it changes at any point in the day but it has been always my experience and that is what did in August when we where there. The boat stops for the CR boatare CR, WL, Campgrounds then back to CR and repeat.
There are 2 boats, and one travels clockwise and the other counterclockwise. They're supposed to leave CR at the same time, heading in opposite directions.

Apparently, you've just happened to arrive at the dock when the counterclockwise boat was the next to come in.

If you're boarding at WL or FtW destined for CR, it really doesn't matter which boat you board, because they'll arrive at CR within a couple of minutes of each other. If you're boarding at CR, you'd want to board the boat stopping at your destination first, unless that boat left early and the other one is still at the dock.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!