Quickest way from 2nd Fantasmic to Fantasyland

karylrocks

I know it's only rock 'n roll but I like it.....
I know this is a very specific question, but I am leaving next week and in the "planning every step" phase. :teeth:

I know that after Fantasmic they herd everyone in one direction, but I want to zip over to Fantasyland quickly to do as many rides as possible between 11 and 12 pm. I am planning to watch Fantasmic from River Belle Terrace.

That is an easy one. Leave the New Orleans Square area and hug the Rivers of America past the Mark Twain and Columbia boarding areas. Keep going past Big Thunder Mtn and take the walkway behind Big Thunder Mtn to FantasyLand. I have never seen this walkway crowded.

Edit - fixed typo

I have to second HydroGuy's strategy. That walkway is pretty wide and very rarely crowded. I won't matter at night, but it's a nice walkway in the hot sun too. Lots of shady trees on one side to walk under.

Hydroguy's suggestion is called Big Thunder Trail and would be my suggestion too. It's what I use if I need to get from that area of the park to Fantasyland quickly.

I thought that might be the best way, but when we saw Fantasmic last summer, that was the way they were directing all the traffic out of the area so it was very crowded.

karylrocks said:
I thought that might be the best way, but when we saw Fantasmic last summer, that was the way they were directing all the traffic out of the area so it was very crowded.

That is not normal. Typically the traffic is all directed out thru Adventure land, past Indy and Jungle cruise. Even if they were directing people into Frontier land, it would go out into the hub between the shooting gallery and the store. Not down near the water, and over to the trail area.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter