Quiet Dinner for 2

Siome42

Earning My Ears
Where would you suggest for a 10th anniversary dinner? We're looking at something on the monorail loop since we're leaving the kids at the Polynesian activity center. Ideally something quieter, where we can sit in air conditioning and hear ourselves think. Any ideas for what to do besides eat? I'm thinking walking through Epcot or Magic Kingdom and hitting the taller rides or people watching, but if there is something better, I would love to hear about it. Thanks!

I really like Citricos at the Grand Floridian for great flavor and quieter meals, and of course there is the perennial favorite and much celebrated California Grill at the Contemporary, serving up delicious meals with a fireworks view. But my recommendation (for what I'd personally do with my dining style) is to take the nice slow boat ride over to the Wilderness Lodge and get a drink from Geyser Point, spend some time strolling the grounds hand in hand or up on the second floor balcony just people watching followed up with dinner at Artist Point. If Territory Lounge (the adjoining lounge, which serves the full Artist Point menu) is quiet, it's a romantic and tranquil place, but there can often be families dining there with loud kids. A dining reservation at Artist Point and quick word to the hostess upon check in may help with a quieter dinner.

For similar ambiance but an option to stroll along the gorgeous night time Boardwalk, you might try Yachtsman Steakhouse.

Happy Anniversary!

I like Artist Point. You could take the monorail to the contemporary and then the boat to the wilderness lodge, or take the boat to Magic Kingdom and the boat from there to Wilderness Lodge.

Any resort signature restaurant should meet your needs, but make sure you go in the late evening. There are kids everywhere, even in the fancy restaurants, but they seem to clear out early. How late can the kids stay at the poly activity center?

My DH and I love Narcoossee's at the Grand Floridian for a romantic meal. The food is delicious, and if you time it right, you can watch the fireworks and Electrical Water Pageant right outside the restaurant on their deck. We are big fans of the full steamed lobster, grilled filet, and almond-crusted cheesecake. We can't wait to go back in December!

From 6-Midnight according to the websight

Lilo's opens at 4:30 pm. If you plan on having them eat dinner there, they have to be there prior to 6 pm. Make sure you make a reservation if you haven't done so already.

For a quiet dinner in the MK area, I recommend Artist Point. You can cab over from the Poly or monorail/boat.

Blue zoo at the Dolphin is great and you could stroll around the Boardwalk. If you want to go to EP, I highly suggest Monsieur Paul.

Another vote for Artist Point...just off the monorail loop, quiet, romantic, really good food and great service when we went!

Where would you suggest for a 10th anniversary dinner? We're looking at something on the monorail loop since we're leaving the kids at the Polynesian activity center. Ideally something quieter, where we can sit in air conditioning and hear ourselves think. Any ideas for what to do besides eat? I'm thinking walking through Epcot or Magic Kingdom and hitting the taller rides or people watching, but if there is something better, I would love to hear about it. Thanks!

Congrats on your anniversary.

My husband and I left the kids at Lilo's in September (which they both loved, by the way) and here is what we did:

Dropped kids at 4:45.
Headed to Trader Sam's.
Had some fun drinks and appetizers and talked with other couples we met there (seating is conducive to meeting others).
Strolled around the grounds of the Poly. It is very romantic and the grounds are beautiful.
Took the monorail to the GF and strolled around and explored there.
Took the monorail to the CR.
Checked in at Cali Grill and went up to the Observation Deck to wait for our table.
Found a table in the lounge of CG overlooking MK and had drinks.
Were seated at a window table and enjoyed a lovely, quiet three course meal at CG.
Watched the Hallowishes fireworks from CG.
Took the monorail back to the Poly to pick up the kids.

My husband has no interest in the parks other than seeing the kids having fun, so this worked great for him (he does like fireworks). He really liked being able to enjoy Disney without the lines.

Regardless of the restaurant you pick (and there are several good ones on the monorail loop), I would try to do at least one bar and one restaurant. We had so much fun at Trader Sam's. I would also catch the MK fireworks from somewhere (Poly beach, GF beach, etc.).

As an alternative, if it doesn't cost you anything extra (i.e., you have AP's or you are planning on going into the parks that day anyway) I would consider going through Epcot and eating and drinking around the world. There is so much at Epcot that you just can't fully enjoy with kids.

Since the OP specifically requested something on the monorail loop....

Narcoosees or California Grill would be my pick. For something romantic to do after dinner, I'd suggest taking a boat over to Fort Wilderness and taking a carriage ride.

We loved Narcoossee's! The food and service were outstanding but in a very comfortable atmosphere. We actually enjoyed it more than Victoria & Alberts. We had our kids with us and they loved it as well, both the food and the view of the MK fireworks. It is a more relaxing setting than some of the other options, but excellent in every way. Cali is fancier, but we prefer the menu at Narcoossee's.

Throwing my vote to Cali Grill as well. We have celebrated many an occasion there. We find it very romantic, quiet, picturesque views, great service and delicious food. Happy Anniversary to you!

The quietest location is likely to be Artist Point. Be aware, however, when the boat to the Wilderness Lodge will stop running. If you happen to pass the time the boat is running, you'll have to either bus, uber, or cab back to your resort. It's a $6 cab ride back to the Poly (guess how I found out!).

Other quiet restaurants are Citrico's and Narcoossee's in the Grand Floridian and the Wave in the Contemporary. I can't say that I found California Grille all that quiet.

We ate an anniversary dinner at California Grill many years ago, and they put us in a side room that faced toward Wilderness Lodge. It was quieter and the food there is pretty special.

I know you said a quiet dinner for you and your husband, but are you looking for signature or just a sit-down? If you don't want signature, we have always been impressed with the Wave at CR! It was great food and definitely more low-key than I would have expected for the location.

First, congratulations on 10 years!!!

To the question, on the Monorail loop there are really only two choices - well, maybe three - for a nice quiet meal. Citrico at the GF and the Wave at the Contemporary. The Wave is less expensive and doesn't have quite the atmosphere, but its still pretty good. For either of those pick a later seating time for a quieter meal. The third choice on the monorail of course is Victoria & Alberts. Very expensive, but an experience that you won't forget!

Others have suggested Artist Point at Wilderness Lodge. Its another good choice if you don't mind a bus or boat ride to get there. Again, a later in the evening ADR will get you a quieter dinner. Its a very nice place with really good food.

First, congratulations on 10 years!!!

To the question, on the Monorail loop there are really only two choices - well, maybe three - for a nice quiet meal. Citrico at the GF and the Wave at the Contemporary. The Wave is less expensive and doesn't have quite the atmosphere, but its still pretty good. For either of those pick a later seating time for a quieter meal. The third choice on the monorail of course is Victoria & Alberts. Very expensive, but an experience that you won't forget!

Others have suggested Artist Point at Wilderness Lodge. Its another good choice if you don't mind a bus or boat ride to get there. Again, a later in the evening ADR will get you a quieter dinner. Its a very nice place with really good food.

Agree with this completely. To match all of your criteria, my first choice would be Citricos followed by The Wave. Victoria and Albert's is also amazing if you are looking for more of an experience, but it comes with a price. If you don't mind going just a bit off the loop Artist Point would also be lovely. I do not recommend California Grill especially, nor Narcoossee's, if you are looking for quiet and romantic.

We celebrated ad milestone anniversary at narc.
It was perfect. From table to server to timing to food :flower3::hippie:

So perfect I haven't been back. It can never be that good again

Still another vote for Artist Point. We celebrated our 30th there, and it was superb!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter