"Quiet" spots to relax while family rides?

gzmtlock

DIS Veteran
Knowing that "quiet" is a relative term when in a theme park, I'm wondering if anyone can share spots in both IOA and USF where I can relax and have some time off my feet while my DH and two teenagers ride? Maybe a little out of the main pedestrian traffic flow, and not directly under any speakers?

I wish I could keep up with them, but my stomach prevents that!:crazy2:

I would suggest The Owlery, the Jurassic Park Discovery Center, the outdoor patio for Three Broomsticks (get a butterbeer and enjoy), the area behind Green Eggs and Ham ---these are in IOA.

At Universal, The Lucy Exhibit and anywhere along the lagoon.

I would suggest The Owlery, the Jurassic Park Discovery Center, the outdoor patio for Three Broomsticks (get a butterbeer and enjoy), the area behind Green Eggs and Ham ---these are in IOA.

At Universal, The Lucy Exhibit and anywhere along the lagoon.
All good suggestions.

one nice over looked place is sitting outside of Boulangerie (studios) at the tables/chairs.

you will see and hear the band outside of the Lucy Tribute.

you will also be able to see the characters in this area.
great photo taking time.....

this is one place where i sit and take a break in the daytime.
plenty to keep me entertained.

My wife and I love the Backwater Bar at Confisco Grill. We let our kids go ride Hulk for a couple of hours while we kicked back and relaxed with a couple of cocktails and chatted with their great staff.

one nice over looked place is sitting outside of Boulangerie (studios) at the tables/chairs.

you will see and hear the band outside of the Lucy Tribute.

you will also be able to see the characters in this area.
great photo taking time.....

this is one place where i sit and take a break in the daytime.
plenty to keep me entertained.

And they have yummy treats to keep you occupied too!!!

i already named my favorite place to veg out at the studios, but at ioa, i love to sit on the rock wall by Mystic Fountain.
I have sat an hour here before just watching and listening to the other people interact with that "rock" that spouts water.

people come and go for a few minutes here.
each time someone new comes up to put coins in the fountain, it's like a new show happening.

just a relaxing place to pass time during the day here.

Thanks so much, everyone! I'm going to mark these on my park maps. I especially like the one near the fountain - sometimes the best entertainment is from folks who are just having fun!!:goodvibes

Thanks so much, everyone! I'm going to mark these on my park maps. I especially like the one near the fountain - sometimes the best entertainment is from folks who are just having fun!!:goodvibes
The Mystic Fountain is a hoot and the kids love him. Make sure you spend some time there but if you don't want to get wet, stay well away from the fountain. He loves to get people wet when they aren't expecting it. :rotfl:

DSC02348.jpg

when you face the Mystic Fountain, sit on the stone wall on the left.
the water will not reach you there and you still have a great view of those that walk directly to the front ot the fountain.

people will be able to walk by you when you are sitting there.
you won't obstruct any of the pathway.

Just remember that the Mystic Fountain isn't always "talking". You may need to wait for it to be active.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter