Rabies shot info needed

mom2boys

<font color=blue>Horseshoe Mesa - 3 miles, 31 swit
Our family has been adopted by a stray cat. She survives on critters & the milk my boys leave at the bottom of their cereal bowls each morning. She been here about 3 months now. I have give flee & tick treatments. I am planning to take her to the rabies clinic tonight. Can anyone tell me if it will harm her if she has had a rabies shot recently? (Animal control & the health department don't seem to know.):rolleyes:

Not a problem. Since she eats "critters" it would be a good idea.

We recently adopted a puppy from the shelter. They think he is about 6 months old and was found on the streets. They (the shelter) gave him all the initial shots, having no idea if he had had them or not. We have had him for a couple of weeks, he scarfs down the puppy chow and is growing like a weed! The kids love him, enjoy your new pet!

Rabies immunization will be a step in the right direction. Maybe, as long as you're there, they could check to see if she's been spayed (sometimes, the experts can find a scar that is invisible to mere mortals ;) ). If she hasn't been spayed, she really should be.

Also, while she is surviving on 'critters' and leftover milk, this is not the healthiest diet for her. In fact, milk is not recommended for cats. A dry cat food would be best for her, she won't need wet food, with fresh water daily......

We got our labbie at 11 mos. at the shelter and had to get him re-vaccinated with everything because his previous owners left no records:rolleyes: -- no puppy pictures, no toys, nothing! It still amazes me. He is purebred and we don't have his papers either. So I'm sure another dose of rabies won't hurt him. I thought you were going to ask about one of your kids getting the rabies series, my middle DS had that done too!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter