Rachel and Corey's Wishes Wedding 12/7/15 Update 4/20 HONEYMOON DAY 1

I'm here and enjoying reading all about your wedding! You were a stunning bride, absolutely love your dress and all the details!

On our last trip, we had a split stay and stayed at the BC and BW... i loved seeing the weddings at your location! So beautiful!

I love love love that Crazy Love song!!!

I saved this from You Tube, it's a different version of it and I love it as much as Michael Buble's and Van Morrisons. Perfect song!

All you girls posting these yummy food pictures is making me fatter just looking at them! LOL
Beautiful wedding Rachel!

Your food looked sooo good! I just made a note to try the potatoes and the mahi mahi during our menu tasting this summer!

It was so good! I highly recommend both of those options. The mahi mahi normally comes with a coconut curry sauce butt they made us a different sauce.

We already have a different potato dish in mind to try at our menu tasting, but your potatoes look and sound to die for!

Oh darn they were so good! If you change your mind, they were really good.

I'm here and enjoying reading all about your wedding! You were a stunning bride, absolutely love your dress and all the details!

On our last trip, we had a split stay and stayed at the BC and BW... i loved seeing the weddings at your location! So beautiful!

Yay, glad you found me. The location definitely was beautiful. It will always hold a special place in our hear.

I love love love that Crazy Love song!!!

I saved this from You Tube, it's a different version of it and I love it as much as Michael Buble's and Van Morrisons. Perfect song!

All you girls posting these yummy food pictures is making me fatter just looking at them! LOL
Beautiful wedding Rachel!

I need to watch that video! And I have never even heard Van Morrisons version. I should download that version too. The food was so yummy! I want to try it again and actually remember eating it.

After our meal it was time to get this party started! But first a little parent dances. The song I danced to with my dad was "Isn't She Lovely" by Stevie Wonder. My dad kept wanting to pick out the song. At first he wanted Butterfly Kissed (No!) then he wanted My Little Girl by Tim McGraw. I had my mind set on Isn't She Lovely for a long time. It was in my baby video and it reminds me of my dad. So that is what I wanted.

I am pretty much obsessed with all the photos of dancing with my dad. Except he was moving me too fast. Although it made some good photos!

Apparently I was not expecting him to twirl me this much.

I love this one! I was so giddy when I saw all the dancing pictures, because I loved them so much.

Love this one!

This one is probably my favorite one!

Corey took our picture.

And to end with the dip.

And the hug :)

Then it was time for Corey and his mom. They danced to Backstreet Boys Perfect Fan. I think it is kind of a corny song but I know she really wanted it.

This is embarassing but you can see me on my phone checking a message.

Reverse of me taking their picture.

Corey's BIL Crying..this is a cute picture.

The kids were just chilling during the dancing.

At the end of their dance the DJ called everyone up to the dance floor to officially kick off the reception!

Corey's sister and nephew were dancing and it was adorable.

Next up: Party time!

I made a list of songs for DJ Miles to choose from. He did an amazing job of choosing from songs. He fit our style perfectly. I truly feel he made our reception special.

I started out with dancing with our nephew Austin, he is such a sweetie.

I know somewhere in here they played Miley Cyrus Party in the USA, which is my ultimate jam!

The kids were obsessed with the caricature artist! They all went up there first.

I like this one of my dad and stepmom. We had Ted and he was amazing.

Here is my shoes I changed into, my Disney Vans with Minnie on them.

It was a struggle to get Corey to dance. He doesn't like to dance at all so that was what he was most worried. He mostly hung back and talked which was totally okay.

Here is Austin and Gracie. Up until this point Brandon and Austin were becoming friends. But once Austin started dancing with Gracie it was all Gracie and they were inseparable. In fact, they were so inseparable that they exchanged itunes account for their tablets and have face timed twice!! And they had a play date twice. OMG it is just so cute. They would not stop dancing and Austin had some good dance moves.

Shortly after we did the Cupid Shuffle. DJ Miles helped us!

Here is the drinks we had. I started with some liquor and then stuck to pinot grigio. It was yummy and I have been trying to find that wine all over!

Then they played my dad's song, the Super Freak, which he specifically request. My dad and stepmom were getting down!

About to have a heart attack.

I wish I knew what song we were dancing to. It really was an amazing time but I don't remember much about the night. I wish I remembered every single detail and song we played but I just don't.

So pretty!

The kids were obsessed with doing a circle and going around in a circle and back and forth.

I am pretty much obsessed with this picture of my dad kissing my cousin/his niece. He wants to be a grand daddy so bad! He's gotta wait though.

My friend Karyn was acting really distant the wedding night. We think it was because she was missing her husband and felt like a third wheel at the reception. I feel really bad that she was just sitting down most of the night. I tried to get her up and moving.

Dad teaching my brother some sort of dance?

I love this picture of my aunt and uncle dancing next to us!

This ones funny, looks like we are getting down, but we werent!

Corey's dad and mom caricature.

Best college friends!

Jessica and my dad doing the air guitar. When all of the reception photos were coming through it was so fun to see them. It was my favorite album to see!

This one is pretty cute.

I will take a break here because cake is next!

Looks like you had such a fun time at your reception, everything's beautiful! Bring on the cake!!

Maxine grabbed us and told us it was time to do cake.

We both told each other that we would be nice and feed each other cake sweetly, so that was our plan.

Refreshing your memory on what our cake looked like. The song we played during the cake cutting was Michael Buble "How Sweet It Is"

We didn't have custom made knife for the cake so we just used what ever they had. Overall, our cake looked almost exactly like what I envisioned. I loved the flowers at the base. I didn't love the bunch on top. It needed some of the ivory roses on top. I originally wanted to order a gold topper from Etsy but Corey told me he didn't want that. I wish I would have ordered it anyways! And I already mentioned this, but I still don't know why they made the base silver when our colors were gold and navy. That was my biggest peeve.

This is kind of a weird photo.

Time to cut the cake.

Getting ready to feed each other cake nicely. The cake was so moist that it was really hard to hold in my hand.

I was like sticking my tongue out so the cake wouldn't fall on my dress.

Nicely..

Or so we thought...

I couldn't resist. I am such a prankster. I am always throwing card water on him when he doesn't expect it and we are always jokesters. So I had to. Once he realized I wasn't playing nice, he didn't either!

I made Austin help me get all the frosting off.

Everyone really liked the almond cake! I am pretty sure they passed out all the almond cake first. You would think they would cut both and let guests have their choice but most didn't know about the red velvet. Now that I think about, they probably didn't do that because the top was so small. The almond cake was so moist and flavorful. It was so good.

I have no idea how many pieces of cake were left. Maxine packed us two pieces to take back to our hotel. We had the cake for breakfast the next morning and it was so good.

Bring on the cake!

Its on!

AWWWWW!!! So cute!

Yea bring on that cake! NUM NUM NUM

And that it was :)

Caaake...

Your wedding is gorgeous! I've really enjoyed reading through your PJ!

Thank you! I miss it so much.

Looks like you had such a fun time at your reception, everything's beautiful! Bring on the cake!!
We had a blast, it totally exceeded my expectations.

My coordinator asked me specifically and spelled it out on the BEO how the cake would be cut.
If I had wanted...even with a small group...I could have asked for both tiers to be cut into but she checked with me to specify what went on the BEO and what I wanted was only the bottom tier cut and the top tier boxed up intact. She was great about all these kinds of details so everything went really smoothly.

I had lovely lemon and passionfruit mousse in the bottom tier which we all loved. So moist. The top tier had almond and almond crunch

The cake looked lovely BTW... :)

My coordinator asked me specifically and spelled it out on the BEO how the cake would be cut.
If I had wanted...even with a small group...I could have asked for both tiers to be cut into but she checked with me to specify what went on the BEO and what I wanted was only the bottom tier cut and the top tier boxed up intact. She was great about all these kinds of details so everything went really smoothly.

I had lovely lemon and passionfruit mousse in the bottom tier which we all loved. So moist. The top tier had almond and almond crunch

The cake looked lovely BTW... :)

Yeah they never asked me I guess. All they asked was to make sure I didn't want the top cut. I love lemon! And of course I loved the almond!

Such a pretty cake!

Thanks!

Corey and I sat to enjoy our cake. In hindsight it would have been nice to join a table since we didn't talk to a lot of people throughout the night.

When we were done with our cake all of a sudden Hang On Sloopy started playing! Now, I am an Ohio State grad and if you ever seen the O-H-I-O that is what we started to do. Corey is a Michigan fan, they are the biggest rivals. I asked Corey if we could play Hang On Sloopy as a request before the wedding and he said absolutely not. As soon as DJ Miles started playing it, I looked at Corey and promised to him I didn't request it!

He looks disgusted. Haha

All of my aunts. I tried to get Austin to come do the OHIO with us but he decided not to after all. He is a Michigan fan even though he wanted to get up and dance.

No idea what my mom is doing but this made me laugh so hard.

And then they started playing the Michigan fight song!! I knew that would happen. Corey, his family, and my stepmom loved that.

I love this pic with my aunts and mom.

Before we knew it DJ Miles came on and said we had a special visitor and everyone was to get in the middle of the dance floor.

Then he started playing Hey Mickey and Mickey came out!!! OMG everyone went nuts. And I started crying. It was just so magical. I know that is corny but it is true.

I was so happy to see him!

The kids were in heaven. It was adorable to watch them.

Of course we had to get selfies.

I love this one.

I told DJ Miles to have my uncle come up and give Mickey a hug. Maddy loved that!

More kids dancing in a circle.

My face is hilarious in this. I think DJ Miles started playing the Cha Cha slide, which made everyone happy.

Corey even got in on the action.

Mickey is soo cute.

Look at him getting down.

How low can you go?

So low that I fell! Haha, these crack me up.

Then he started grabbing everyone for the train. Oh gosh I didn't want to do the train!

I eventually had to leave because Mickey was stepping on my dress. I think he/she knew it too because he made Corey get in and stand in between them.

I really like this one.

And this! Love!

Then we all went outside to take the group picture. That was my one request and with such a small crowd it was pretty easy. Although at the last minute we realized my aunt was in the bathroom so we had to wait for her.

Then we went back inside and said our goodbyes.

The kids even got autographs

And then we said our goodbyes. Oh my gosh it was such a fun time! I can't believe we did all that in a half hour. It really was the perfect time and it was just a blast. I think I am glad I didn't have Minnie Mouse too although it would have been neat to have another character.

Last edited:
I'm pretty sure I've said this before, but I love, love, love all of your photos! I don't want them to end!

Love your photos with Mickey! I'm pretty sure I couldn't resist at least one character if I did a DFTW.

Hey!!! Loving your PJ/TR so far!!!

I think I remember you saying that you included a ride-mix-in during your dessert party - what ride did you choose and were you able to wear your dress? Just curious!! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!