Rachel and Corey's Wishes Wedding 12/7/15 Update 4/20 HONEYMOON DAY 1

I am asking I heard characters cannot be anywhere near alcohol

From what I understand, the characters cannot be photographed/recorded on video with any alcoholic (or potentially alcoholic looking) beverages, but that doesn't mean you can't have them at the reception. In a couple wedding videos I've watched, the Dj just makes an announcement to the group over the microphone. This is just from my research though, since our event isn't until this December. :)

Just a couple more updates and then the wedding day is over!

After Mickey left it was almost the end of the reception.

We had a dance or two before we were grabbed to have our caricature done.

I love this picture and I don't even remember it.

Before we sat down to have our caricature done, I grabbed my last glass of wine.

Ted was just awesome! He was so funny and he was really knowledgeable about everything. He ended up drawing Corey with a cheesehead and me with mickey mouse ears. My entire family loved him. Such a great choice.

DJ Charles had everyone gather to the dance floor for the last couple of songs.

Corey didn't like being the center of attention with this one.

My mom with her sisters and their caricatures.

DJ Miles had Austin get up there and be the DJ! It was soo stinking cute.

He asked us what we wanted our last song to be. He gave us a choice of a fast song or slow slong. We chose slow and ended up dancing to Can you Feel the Love Tonight by Elton John.

DJ Miles with Karyn! That was hilarious.

This was just such a special moment. It was just us two and we were so focused on our day because we knew the reception was over and only the dessert party was left. I didn't even remember all of these people dancing around us or the circle they formed.

Then it was over. And he ended it by playing Wishes. And I started crying. Just another amazing moment that was the perfect finale!!

We then all left. My beautiful room with the amazing centerpieces. So sad that we left all those flowers there after spending so much money on them. I wonder if they just threw them away.

We didn't have to pack anything up!! That was awesome. We just went along our way and they said it was going to be delivered to our room.

Corey and I specifically asked to have our pictures taken at night with all the boardwalk lights. We gave us plenty of time with the schedule to take night time pictures. It was a must do.

The first few we were alone before we started walking to the dessert party.

LOVE! I think I want to get a canvas made with this next one. Ashley asked if Corey had a few drinks because he really loosened up. But he doesn't drink much so nope! I think he just finally got comfortable.

Then we headed to the International Gateway. Somehow everyone started watching us again and when Corey kissed me they all started cheering. It was quite funny.

Everyone knew that there was a surprise tonight but they didn't know what. My entire family had fun guessing what the surprise was. My mom was the only one who guessed right. We were surprising everything with a private ride on Soarin' after the fireworks. So no one knew and our plan was to surprise them after the fireworks. I forgot to tell Maxine and she almost said something about it! Whoops!

When we got the IG, we had to wait a few minutes. They got Diane her wheelchair all ready. I went pee in the IG bathroom...so gross! When I got back corey told me that their parents knew the surprise. Apparently, the tour guide ruined the surprise. She mentioned something about taking the wheelchair to Soarin. OH well! At first I was upset but I got over it quickly.

Soon it was time to walk in to Epcot. One of my favorite parts of the day. I could NOT believe I was walking into a park with my wedding dress on! It literally felt like a dream, the best possible dream. Everyone we walked by congratulated us and I felt like a celebrity. SOO Fun!

We wanted to take pictures in one of the countries and the only one we could get in to was France, which was ok by me.

Corey and I and my crew all headed to France. I actually ran into a Disboarder and he took my picture with him! Kind of cool. It was funny because Corey actually took our pic.

So pretty! I wish I had a bigger connection with France. I would have really liked to take pictures in Germany because Corey and I took German together in high school. It is when his crush started to develop. Regardless, we love this part of the world showcase.

Love!

I wish my dress wasn't bustled!

Fountain picture! I really like this spot so naturally I liked the photo.

And then it was time for us to enter the dessert party. I was so excited!

Just a couple more updates and then the wedding day is over!

Nooooooo haha :sad:

I love the caricature artist, what fun! And your DJ is awesome - I love how interactive he is/letting Austin up there!

Your nighttime pictures are so beautiful. Hmmm, I wonder if I can convince my fiance that we need to do a little photo shoot on our honeymoon.... :rolleyes1

I just caught up reading you PJ/TR...you guys had a PERFECT wedding. Seriously, everything looked gorgeous...you, your hubby, your guests, the flowers, literally EVERYTHING look like perfection!! From the photos I've seen there is not one bad one! Can't wait to hear more!!! :) :)

Nooooooo haha :sad:

I love the caricature artist, what fun! And your DJ is awesome - I love how interactive he is/letting Austin up there!

Your nighttime pictures are so beautiful. Hmmm, I wonder if I can convince my fiance that we need to do a little photo shoot on our honeymoon.... :rolleyes1

Both the DJ And the caricature artist were great! And you totally should convince your fiance to do a nightime shoot! so pretty.

I just caught up reading you PJ/TR...you guys had a PERFECT wedding. Seriously, everything looked gorgeous...you, your hubby, your guests, the flowers, literally EVERYTHING look like perfection!! From the photos I've seen there is not one bad one! Can't wait to hear more!!! :) :)

Aww thank you soo soo much!! I am so sad it is over and that I am almost done reliving my wedding day. It really was the best day ever.

Last update before I recap our disneymoon!

Last I ended up we were entering the dessert party. It was such a lovely space! Yes, Rue de France doesn't have that great fireworks views but it really was fine.

Our selections were oreo bon bons inspired by Cape May, mini almond crusted cheesecake from Narcoossee's, mini cronuts, and jalapeno cheese pretzels. To our surprise regular pretzels were added!

Our beverage station. We specifically made sure we had hot chocolate.

Our centerpieces, so pretty!

All i could muster down was a jalapeno cheese pretzel and a cheesecake. Both were so good! The cheesecake really did taste like the one from Narcoossee's. Sadly, the cronuts didn't get good reviews. Corey said they were hard. He said the oreo bon bons were good. They looked very different from the ones I was used to. I was so stuffed at this point, I couldn't even try a bite of the other desserts. And this is what I was most excited about! Everyone loved the hot chocolate. Might have been nice to have an alcoholic warm beverage but it isn't a big deal.

I asked Ashley to make sure she took lots of pictures of my guests enjoying themselves. She took this with my dad and stepmom. Neither of us remembered taking it, haha!

This picture with my mom and her sisters.

Me and my mom. I really like this one.

Somewhere along the way my mom called my grandma so I talked to her for a bit.

And my Disney friends yay!! I love Brenda and Michael. They are such wonderful people. When I found out that they were going to be at disney of course I had to invite them to the dessert party. I loved seeing them!

These lovebirds Gracie and Brandon.

Right before the fireworks Corey's mom asked if we would be upset if they didn't go to breakfast. I said of course not and then instantly regretted booking this reservation. We had breakfast booked at Kona after the wedding at 8am!! I knew we had to cancel it at this point because we could still cancel it. I don't know what I was thinking but I wouldn't have wanted to go to breakfast the next morning. Kari and I both cancelled our reservations. I went around to everyone and made sure they knew breakfast was off for the next morning.

Soon, it was fireworks time! Ashley told us just to enjoy the fireworks and she would take pictures.

I really like these two.

To be honest, I wasn't in love with our fireworks photos. I am 100% glad I have them but I wish we would have faced them for a few pictures. However, I do love that she let us enjoy the fireworks. It is not often that I actually watch fireworks without taking my own pictures. There are a couple pictures I really like. I can't wait till I get video back! Illuminations with the holiday tag was just so magical! I started crying again when all the countries lights came on. It was just incredible!

All of my guests were so cold, i felt so bad! they all went to buy sweatshirts. My aunt bought an $80 sweatshirt and she doesn't even like it. I felt so bad when I found that out. I was not that cold but at one point I did put on corey's jacket.

When the fireworks were over we said our goodbyes to Ashley and our video team. I was so sad to leave them. They were a wonderful team!

After the fireworks it was time for the surprise! Everyone knew there was a surprise but they didn't know what. I told everyone we were going to be walking where the surprise was. Thank heavens they took us backstage. It was soo quick! We stopped at the tent where they have food and wine events and we got everyone caught up. It was then that I told everyone we were riding on a private ride to Soarin!

They were all so excited!! We continued our walk backstage and all of a sudden saw a rat dart under the dumpster. Our guide said it was mickey's cousin. Haha, so gross!

When we got to the door for Soarin our media guide opened the door and every worked was lined up in their station cheering for us! They were clapping and cheering so loud for Corey and I. Oh my gosh, it was seriously perfect. I think that might have been my favorite moment of the day. Such a perfect finale to the best day.

We had the perfect amount of people that we each got a front row spot. My aunt and uncle were terrifed. I had to reassure them it wasn't bad!

Corey and I ended up in the middle section.

Seriously being on Soarin in your wedding dress is amazing.

When we were brought in after the video we all got our seat belts on. We asked them to take everyones photos.

Our section

Then we went up! Oh it was just so fun. I don't think I watched much of the video, I was just looking down the row at my family and thinking how lucky I am and what an amazing day I had. Everyone's reactions were priceless and it was sooo fun! I totally wish I would have video for this!! Now I regret not having my videographers come. I wish they would have came to video us getting on and off even if they couldn't video during the ride.

Oh this was such an amazing part of the day!

And that concludes my wedding day. Seriously the best day of my entire life. I miss disney wedding planning hard!!!

Coming up, I will repost my recap again! And then honeymoon recap ( brief!)

Overall, our day was absolutely incredible. I still can't believe that perfect day happened to us. I would give anything to go back there. Even to be a guest at my own wedding. I am trying to get someone I know to have a disney wedding. Gracie and Brandon need to get married there in 15 years! It was really just a perfect wedding.

I am so pleased with all of our wedding decisions. Our event timing, our venues, our food choices, our hotel was perfect. I really don't have a lot of regrets, but do have a few things that I wish I would have done!

Some of the things I wish I would have done.
1.) Have the photographer come to the rehearsal dinner. It was such a fun pretty event. I wish I would have her come for an hour to take pictures. At the time I was so worried about the cost but you really can't put a price on that. The Attic was gorgeous and I would have really liked some picture from there.
2.) Had the photographer come an hour earlier, at 11am. There is no pictures of me getting hair and makeup done, pretty bummed about that.
3.) Since we are on the topic of getting ready, I wish I had a bridesmaid photo of all of us getting ready. We don't have a group picture. Also, I should have worn something more flattering and pretty!
4.) Been more specific about picture locations and thought long and hard about where I wanted the pictures. There is too many photos of us just at the boardwalk. I would have liked to find some remote locations. I also don't have any of my back, only when we were getting ready.
5.) Wish I would have been more specific about floral. I am still meh about my flowers. I like them then I don't like them...They aren't as grand as I wanted. And they were too fragile, since she made them like three days in advance. I had to rip about 5 flowers out since they were dropping. With my outside floral and with Disney. I hated the bright pink disney used.
6.) Added linen to our tables. I just added a gold runner and it wasn't dramatic enough. It made the room look dull.
7.) Fixed my hair!!!! This irritates me soo bad. At the end of the night it was falling out and looks so bad in the dessert party pictures.

8.) Hired video for soarin. That is a big one. All I have is a memory and three pictures. I would give anything to have the video of them cheering when we walked in.
9.) Invited who I wanted to invite originally. It really would have been a perfect crowd with 30 people. I didn't invite some people because I was worried about the cost. I should have invited more family.
10.) Had a few different poses at the dessert party. I really appreciate that she let us watch the fireworks but I would have liked one of our front.

I think that is it..they are really really really minor. It is funny because the two things that I complain/say wish we did about the most, photography and floral were my two biggest things that were important to me. So really think about your top three priorities and try to make them as perfect as you can at first. You can't go back and fix it, thats for sure. And don't get me wrong -- Ashley did an amazing job with photos! I just wish i had her there for more photos!

Nooooo I'm so sad that your day is over! I've really loved reading your detailed account of your wedding day and it really was so perfect <3 It makes me so, so excited for my wedding day. And hey, if anyone drops out of my wedding and you're in Orlando at the beginning of December, I'll see if I can extend the invite!

Your wedding was so beautiful!!! I'm sad there won't be any more updates :( If you want, you are more than welcome to help me out planning!!! ;) My fiancé are on our own with planning (our families are on the opposite coast), so I need all the help I can get!!!

Just got caught up on your journal- everything looked perfect! Your gown was GORGEOUS!!! So happy you had a magical day! :)

What a beautifully, perfect day! Seriously, I teared up too many times bc you can just see how happy y'all were and how wonderfully everything came together! Congrats! and thanks for sharing your day...

Nooooo I'm so sad that your day is over! I've really loved reading your detailed account of your wedding day and it really was so perfect <3 It makes me so, so excited for my wedding day. And hey, if anyone drops out of my wedding and you're in Orlando at the beginning of December, I'll see if I can extend the invite!

Me too! Now I just have to get excited for all of your weddings! I can't wait to see other weddings and how yours will come to play! Omg I seriously do want to go another wedding! You let me know! ;)

Just got caught up on your journal- everything looked perfect! Your gown was GORGEOUS!!! So happy you had a magical day! :)
It really was perfect! Thank you so much for reading.

What a beautifully, perfect day! Seriously, I teared up too many times bc you can just see how happy y'all were and how wonderfully everything came together! Congrats! and thanks for sharing your day...

Aw thank you!!!! I was just so happy. Even though I was only planning for a year it felt like I have been waiting forever. It was wonderful.

Since the wedding is officially over, it is time for the honeymoon! I didn't consider it a true honeymoon but we love disney so it was perfect for us. We want to go somewhere next year that is tropical. I am thinking Aulani?

Our wedding was on a Monday and on Tuesday we were checking out of Beach Club and into the Villas for two nights. My friend gifted us her DVC points for a two night stay! It was soo sweet of her. The only thing that was open was a 2 bedroom, which was absurd but so nice of her! So the morning after the wedding we needed to pack up and move our bags. The room of course wasn't ready so we had to store our luggage.

When we woke up the morning after, we had our leftover cake. OMG it was sooo good!! Thank heavens for Maxine packing us up two slices of cake. It was so yummy, especially with it being cold from the refrigerator.

I was not showering today. My hair and makeup was still pretty from the day before so no shower for me! After we were done eating our cake and relaxing we had to pack. Our room was a bonafide disaster and it took forever to pack. We had soo much stuff/garbage everywhere. Plus, we were putting all of the wedding stuff in our car and just bringing our luggage to our new room.

Somewhere along the way we ended up deciding to eat lunch at Crew's Cup Lounge at the Yacht Club, our new favorite spot! After moving our luggage we went to see my friend Emily and Chris. Their flight left later that day so they were hanging out at the pool until then. It was a gorgeous day!! On our way to the Yacht Club we ran into my aunt and uncle and talked to them for a bit.

At Crew's Club I had their yummy chicken sandwich with their amazing truffle fries. It was soo good. Corey had a cheesburger. Our first meal as a married couple!

On the way back we saw my dad and stepmom hanging out at the lobby before the bus picked them up. Our room was actually ready so we invited them.

It was soo massive! I wish it was renovated like the rest of Beach Club but it was still nice. However, the bed was not the same as those heavenly beds in the remodeled rooms. The tub was so nice!

Next, we were going to head to Epcot. We said bye to my dad and stepmom and walked to Epcot. Dang, that walk is so nice. We are staying at the Boardwalk for three nights in two weeks and I can't wait.

We weren't concerned about doing a lot in Epcot, we just wanted to enjoy ourselves.

First, a married pic :)

Then we got Kaki Goris in Japan.. our favorite!

We ran into my cousin to spend a little time with them.

I bought my cousin a gray goose slushie as a thank you for coming to the wedding.

We wanted to meet Aladdin and Jasmine together so made sure that they meet together. We get in line and about 10 minutes later they tell us it is just Aladdin. Grr... oh well, we decided to stay in line anyways.

In Morocco.

With Aladdin

After that we said our goodbyes because it was time to head back to the hotel to get ready for dinner and relax. Katie and my uncle had dinner at Via Napoli, so it was time to part anyways.

Thankfully we had our car. It is so nice to have your car when going from resort to resort. Plus, we have TIW so we got free valet.

They told us to head upstairs to wait. We look on drugs in this pic!

Unfortunately, our table didn't face the castle, but thats ok.

Their bread with lavender butter is so good.

I started with the Spicy Kazan roll and it was so good. Ive been dreaming about this roll since the last time I had so I knew I had to get it. Corey doesn't like sushi or asian and he actually tried a piece! He did not like it.

I got the fish with fresh beets. This was really good. I love beets now and the fish was so tasty.

Corey got the tiny filet mignon. Luckily, he wasn't that hungry because this was tiny. He didn't really like his steak, it wasn't his style. I didn't like the risotto, it was too tomatoey.

We got a congratulations dessert, pumpkin creme brulee. This was really good! We weren't going to order dessert because nothing really appealed to us, so this was a nice surprise.

After we checked out, it was fireworks time so we went outside to watch. Poor Corey was soo cold. I actually had to be the one to warm him up.

It was so romantic and such a nice end to the day. Corey didn't like the meal and would never go back so I am glad I made him go for our honeymoon. He liked watching the fireworks though.

After that we looked at the gingerbread display and I bought a frozen cake in a cup. That thing is good! It has blue cake, marshamallow fluff, and chocolate ganache in a cup. It comes with a lid so I saved it for later.

My friend left mugs and a t shirt for me at Wilderness so off we went to Wilderness Lodge. She left me a Disney Wife Happy Life shirt. so cute!

We stopped for photopass pictures at the resort. We had a crazy photopass photographer and we actually had her again this past february, which was funny.

My favorite!!

Love this one too!

A very nice first day being married! We just wanted to lay low and relax so thats what we did. It is nice to relax at disney, instead of being go go go all the time.

Looks like an awesome first married day! Man, I LOVE everything about California Grill (especially their sushi)! It was one of my favorite meals ever and I'd love to go back. Since Corey didn't enjoy it, let me know if you'd ever want to go back and we can have a sushi date!

Rachel,
Congratulations!!! I just found your post! You were an absolutely stunning bride, and I love your photos! Everything looks just beautiful. Still catching up on reading and can't wait to hear more about your honeymoon.

Looks like an awesome first married day! Man, I LOVE everything about California Grill (especially their sushi)! It was one of my favorite meals ever and I'd love to go back. Since Corey didn't enjoy it, let me know if you'd ever want to go back and we can have a sushi date!

Okay! I so want to go back and eat that sushi!! It is so good.

Rachel,
Congratulations!!! I just found your post! You were an absolutely stunning bride, and I love your photos! Everything looks just beautiful. Still catching up on reading and can't wait to hear more about your honeymoon.

Aw thank you so much! I can't believe it has been almost 6 months

This day of our honeymoon was Wednesday..we were meeting our families at Epcot. The plan was for my mom to eat dinner at Coral reef and Corey and I to eat dinner at Via Napoli with Corey's parents.

Corey and I got ready and my poor eyelashes came off in the shower. I missed those!

When we got to Epcot we met up with Corey's family and at that point I realized I never cancelled our Candlelight dinner at Via Napoli! Crap!! That meant we had to go because you get charged a lot with CP no shows. Grrr...we made the decision that I would eat at the CP with my mom, brother, and sister, then just sit with corey and his family. Both ADRs were at Via Napoli! Haha!

I was wearing my Disney Life Happy Wife t shirt my friend left for me after her trip.

We rode Test Track and I kept my ears on during the ride but held them.

Our CP reservation was a lunch reservation so we headed over that way. My sister was all about getting character photos this trip, I just loved this snow white. She was gorgeous.

Heres what we had for our lunch: I was sooo sad but their fryer for zeppole was broken.

Their calamari is so good.

Must not have gotten entree pictures!

It was nice to spend a little bit of time with my family. Corey and I have been together for 13 years -- i didn't feel bad about leaving him for a hour even though it was our honeymoon.

We met up with Austin coreys nephew. I love these ears.

Me and sis! I think we really look alike here.

And I bought this cute shirt!

A couple of photopass pics from the day.

This one is from my moms. I think it is so cute!

We also took these pictures with everyone. I am soo uset my sister wasn't int there though, she was off meeting Belle. Otherwise, I love them!

After this I don't even remember much of what we did! It has been almost 6 months and I didn't take notes. We ate Via Napoli with Corey's family. I was excited to take them there and they liked their pizza. They are pretty plan eaters so I was worried that they wouldn't like that pizza. Hopefully they weren't being nice.

After VN it was time for the CP with my family! Corey's family didn't come into the theatre but they listened from outside.

The narrator was Ana Gasteyer. She did a nice job.

After the CP we walked around a bit.

Sibs.

I love these pictures with Corey and his parents.

After this we headed back to our resort to watch fireworks on the boardwalk.

First we had to take a picture at seabreeze point!

Then we hung out around the boardwalk waiting for epcot fireworks. Such a nice day spending time with family. We didn't do a lot again but this trip was all about taking it slow!

Your shirt your friend left for you is awesome! Did she have that made or buy it somewhere?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter