Rachel and Ryan's PJ: 01/15/08~Leu Gardens~Disney!(6/24-UPDATE PAGE 5!!)

yeah Carrie rocked that necklace!!!! Yeah I agree with the plain dress with a necklace like that...hmm God bless you this is stressing me out and it's not even my wedding LOL!!!!!!! JK

You could always do a more conservative necklace for the ceremony and the Big Necklace of Awesome for the reception! Maybe you could do some flowers in your hair to kind of tie the flower on the necklace in with your overall look?

Just ideas- I love unique pieces like that! :laughing:

I love, love, LOVE #3, with #4 being a close second. I've read that dresses like #4 are considered perfect for tea/garden-type weddings.

I also love the jewelry. If the dress is softly stated, you can go nutty with jewelry. Whatever your heart desires. :)

Ok....so to get a "taste" of a couple different styles...I ordered 2 of the dresses from online. I ordered #3 and #4. I wanted to try the shorter dress to see if it was working for me.

And now I just realized I ordered them both in ivory, when I probably should have ordered one in white...oops.

I'll be able to try on my necklace with the dresses...and if I absolutely fall in love with a dress, but the necklace is a bit too much, I've already started thinking of re-design options. So it may not be the Big Necklace of Awesome, but hopefully it would be the Not-Quite-So-Big Necklace of Awesome. :laughing:

Your site looks BEAUTIFUL!! Congrats on a great deal!!

I like dress #3! Flows beautifully!

jennifer

I love # 1 and 2. I was out looking for dresses the other day for my at home reception and I actually tried those two on. I found them both extremely comfortable.

Leu Gardens is a beautiful choice, I live really close to there. Have you been there in person? It's gorgeous, you'll love it!

I like dress #3 the best, although I love them all. Have you checked out Nicole Miller's bridal line? She has a lot of bridal gowns that are a similar style - flowy, grecian, not overly princess-y or puffy. That's actually where I got my dress. Some of her dresses can be pretty pricey though, but there are occasionally good deals to be had, esp on eBay.

Looking forward to following your PJ!

Leu Gardens is a beautiful choice, I live really close to there. Have you been there in person? It's gorgeous, you'll love it!

I like dress #3 the best, although I love them all. Have you checked out Nicole Miller's bridal line? She has a lot of bridal gowns that are a similar style - flowy, grecian, not overly princess-y or puffy. That's actually where I got my dress. Some of her dresses can be pretty pricey though, but there are occasionally good deals to be had, esp on eBay.

Looking forward to following your PJ!

Oooooh yay!! No, I haven't been there in person, and I won't even be able to see it before the wedding! I live in MN and won't be able to get down there...I am totally trusting my wedding coordinator. :bitelip:

I had a brief freak-out when Jennifer (jennifaerie) commented, "I hope everything is in bloom!" Upon reading this, I yelled at Ryan (sitting at his computer), "OHMYGAWD LOOK UP FLORIDA FLOWERS IN JANUARY!!! LOOK UP FLOWERS IN JANUARY!!!" It seriously never even occurred to me that things might not be in bloom! :scared1: I live in Minnesota---I assume that while everything here is cold and dead for 9 months out of the year, the south lives in perpetual summer! To my ENORMOUS relief, lots of pretty flower pictures of Florida in January. :woohoo:

Briefly looked at Nicole Miller...most of what I saw was way out of budget...but perhaps I shall look a bit more...

I love your ring! Everything's coming along nicely!

I'm concerned the necklace is too intricate and "HEY BIG NECKLACE" for a dress with a bunch of beading. I feel like the dress should be totally plain to wear a necklace like that...

I'm a definite necklace gal though. I love wearing unique pieces, so I'd like to wear SOMETHING fun. But my heart wouldn't be broken if it wasn't that necklace. I definitely want Carrie's advice!! I saw her necklace and immediately thought, "I LIKEY I LOVEY I WANTEY!!!" :love: :rotfl:

yeah Carrie rocked that necklace!!!! Yeah I agree with the plain dress with a necklace like that...hmm God bless you this is stressing me out and it's not even my wedding LOL!!!!!!! JK

I agree, she DID rock that necklace. :dance3:

I LOVE THE JEWLERY!!! WOW!!! Gonna check that out further in a sec;) I love your "how we met" story! I actually met my Hunny online as well...he was horrified (& totally embarassed) as I gleefully told his friends all of the details of how we met! Anyway, gorgeous dresses! My vote is for number 3 since I think it would really show off the necklace lol. Great location too! wished I had seen that before booking the swan! Enjoy your planning and keep the posts coming. your posts are fun to read:)

I had a brief freak-out when Jennifer (jennifaerie) commented, "I hope everything is in bloom!" Upon reading this, I yelled at Ryan (sitting at his computer), "OHMYGAWD LOOK UP FLORIDA FLOWERS IN JANUARY!!! LOOK UP FLOWERS IN JANUARY!!!" It seriously never even occurred to me that things might not be in bloom! :scared1: I live in Minnesota---I assume that while everything here is cold and dead for 9 months out of the year, the south lives in perpetual summer! To my ENORMOUS relief, lots of pretty flower pictures of Florida in January. :woohoo:

Yeah, different things seem to be blooming at all different times of year here, so you'll be fine. One word of warning though - weather in January can be extremely fickle. It can be 78 and sunny or we'll have occasional cold snaps where it will be 45 and windy. Not to scare you, just wanted you to know, since I know a lot of notherners (myself included) expect Central Florida to be hot and sunny year-round...and most of the time it is...but like I said, there are occasional cold snaps between November and March that can really surprise you. On the bright side, you don't have to worry about the intense humidity of August. HTH! But you can just put a good pair of hater-blockers and plan for sunshine. :cool2:

You're getting married on our 2 year anniversary! :goodvibes The weather that day was PERFECT. It was 70 and sunny. Everyone has to worry about weather no matter what time of year it is. Just come prepared with a shawl or something to wear in case it gets cold and you will be fine. Looking forward to reading more!

You're getting married on our 2 year anniversary! :goodvibes The weather that day was PERFECT. It was 70 and sunny. Everyone has to worry about weather no matter what time of year it is. Just come prepared with a shawl or something to wear in case it gets cold and you will be fine. Looking forward to reading more!

Yeah, different things seem to be blooming at all different times of year here, so you'll be fine. One word of warning though - weather in January can be extremely fickle. It can be 78 and sunny or we'll have occasional cold snaps where it will be 45 and windy. Not to scare you, just wanted you to know, since I know a lot of notherners (myself included) expect Central Florida to be hot and sunny year-round...and most of the time it is...but like I said, there are occasional cold snaps between November and March that can really surprise you. On the bright side, you don't have to worry about the intense humidity of August. HTH! But you can just put a good pair of hater-blockers and plan for sunshine. :cool2:

Yep, I was definitely planning on having some sort of shawl/wrap. But hey--even if it dips down to 45, that will seem downright tropical compared to MN at that time! :rotfl:

So, after you said we were hair twins, I thought I'd check out your pic -- BUT YOU HAVE NONE!! :eek: WTH?? DF is super cute though! (I like your taste ::yes::) :rotfl:

:jumping1: Yay! You're super cute!! I love the bangs! and Odin is adorable!! I like your glasses too - are they red?

PS I put my pjs on as soon as I got home from work! lol

My hair started off as short as yours, slightly longer now... also, my bangs were not actually cut with hedge clippers. They just appear that way after my trimming attempt... :blush:
:rotfl: you're a riot!

I never seem to stop finding the term "stinkeye" the funniest thing I've ever heard.

Bichon love!

That's a beautiful ring. I'm not into diamonds, so I love how the sapphire is the central focus.

Do they make drops for stinkeye? If so, is anyone a doctor that can prescribe some for my boss too?

I'm really enjoying your PJ :) When are your dresses coming in??

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter