Rafiki's Planet Watch

was really hoping this would be re-opened in time for our trip this weekend. Alas, looks like "spring 2019" likely means some date after March 11.

Fingers crossed it's back open for our April trip but not counting on it. Our girls were really bummed when they learned it was closed Christmas week.

I have been checking daily for our upcoming 4/20-28th trip and as of now, every day up to and including April 6th says "No Times Available" But starting on April 7th it says "Empty Schedule". It was saying "No Times Available" for as far as I could check the calendar. I hope this is a good sign!

Considering March 11 is in winter... yes?

I'm aware that the vernal equinox is March 20th this year. That being said, the meteorological start of spring is March 1st.

Considering that Disney has never taken a hard stance on following the Gregorian calendar, I don't think it's unreasonable to hope that Disney would re-open an attraction that was closed with no explanation 9 days prior to the Vernal equinox when the anticipated re-opening date said "spring 2019."

Wait, I thought this was shutting down for the Zootopia expansion.......yeah...as we all said ;)

LOL, nah there's plenty of room in front of Rafiki's.

It's good to see Lion King getting some more love at Animal. I'm still holding out hope for "The Lion King" dark ride (in Africa) and a retheme of Kali to "The Jungle Book".

Were excited about this as we have little ones and it was a favorite of theirs(Not to mention a great place to let them nap in the stroller). Interested to see if there were any big changes.
My girls love affection station and conservation station. We all enjoyed the area inside where the caretakers bring out animals and tell about them. Last visit they had a huge white boa and they let the kids touch it. It was pretty cool.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter