rain sneakers

Like one of the OPs, I'd opt for Tevas or another athletic sandal. When the rain comes in at WDW, it comes in sideways in a torrent and sheets down your legs. Any socks will wick water into your shoes. Wet shoes and humidity = blisters and lost toe nails. I've learned the hard way with waterproof shoes. Never again. Athletic sandals with a good aggressive tread for traction is the way to go for rainy, humid WDW.
i just couldn't wear sandals all day in wdw though and i wouldn't want to carry them as a backup pair just in case it rained. possibly take socks off while it rains in the waterproof sneakers is an option...?

i just couldn't wear sandals all day in wdw though and i wouldn't want to carry them as a backup pair just in case it rained. possibly take socks off while it rains in the waterproof sneakers is an option...?
I completely understand. Sandals all day for 10 miles + can be an ordeal. I watch the weather forecast in the morning before heading out to the park and if generally good weather, and maybe just the obligatory 1 or 2 hr shower mid afternoon, I wear my supportive athletic sneakers and injinji coolmax toe socks. I make sure to be inside an attraction if possible for the afternoon shower. But if its going to be an all day soaker, I break out the tevas or chacos and this works best for my feet. If a heavy rain all day, then my pace is slowed and I concentrate on the key attractions I want to see in one park hopefully many indoors. I don't really park hop in heavy pouring rain. That's not available now but likely in the future. Everyone is different. Hoping you find your path! :hug:

Last edited:
I got mine in LL Bean a few years ago. I think the big sporting good stores have them too.

I have been seeing ads for these and I immediately thought of getting for the parks. Update us when you get them!
I wear sloggers They are a gardening shoe but water proof. I have a bunion on my right foot and most shoes hurt my feet These do not. My kids have a pair too and really liked them in the park Might suggest you get a pair. I got mine a couple years ago off QVC

I have a pair of Vessi's that I bought after going to an amusement park in the rain and being completely soaked. I saw someone else with a pair and had to have them after hearing a firsthand review. They're really comfortable and lightweight, but yeah, I think they are meant to be worn with either very thin or no socks. I haven't worn mine in the rain because I am in southern California and we are having a dry fall/winter, but I have walked through sprinklers in the grass with them on and my feet stay dry. I have Tevas and some other hiking type waterproof shoes, but these are much lighter weight. If you can get them on sale, they're definitely worth it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!