Rainforest Cafe?

Joan S.

DIS Veteran<br><font color=blue>Needs to 'fess up
Hi, Are res. needed at the Rainforest Cafe if you have a RC-Safari Club Card?? Or is the wait short enough? I am thinking of going on a Sat. or Sun. Nite. Thanks, Joan :flower:

Never been to the one at Disneyland, but have been to both at WDW as well as one in Tennessee and our hometown Auburn Hills, Michigan one. As long as you are a Safari Club card holder you do not need reservations. With the Safari Club card you will receive the first available table to fit your party!

No.

I have never had reservations.
We go up to the check in area, and put our name on a list. They tell us how long our wait is.
Then we hang around very close until they call our name.

Definitely make a reservation for a weekend evening! A couple of years ago my husband's uncle was in town and we tried to walk up with my safari card to be seated on a summer Saturday night. I don't remember exactly how long the wait was but it was long; 90 mins. comes to mind WITH MY SAFARI CARD. I was told without it the wait was 2 1/2 - 3 hours. Since the crowds are larger this summer due to the 50th celebration, I would say that reservations are a must!

almostGoofy said:
Definitely make a reservation for a weekend evening! A couple of years ago my husband's uncle was in town and we tried to walk up with my safari card to be seated on a summer Saturday night. I don't remember exactly how long the wait was but it was long; 90 mins. comes to mind WITH MY SAFARI CARD. I was told without it the wait was 2 1/2 - 3 hours. Since the crowds are larger this summer due to the 50th celebration, I would say that reservations are a must!

The reservation will not get you in any faster than the Safari Club card. You will be seated due to availability. Just like a reservation, with the Safari Club, you will receive the first available table that will fit your party size. They cannot just go kicking people out of their seats, so whether you have a reservation or a Safari Club card, you will not be seated until a table comes available for your party size.

We had reservations when we were there last month and we didnt have to wait at all. We showed up at Our time and went right in ahead of all the people waiting in line . So yes i would suggest reservations, it helped us out a bunch.

minnieandmickey said:
How far in advance can you make reservations, and how do you make them?

We made ours 2 weeks in advance if i remember right. The Phone # for Rainforest in DTD is (714) 772-0413.

Another thing to remember with RFC ( or any other Disney restuarant) is to go when it is off time. We usually go around 2-3 p.m. for a nice afternoon break from the parks and get right in. If you try to go in the evening especially on a weekend it is hectic. We were there last December 11 (fil's bday so I remember the date) which was a Saturday night. We went around 6:00 had a reservation AND our Safari card and it took 1 hour to get a table. Very frustrating. There were hordes of angry people everywhere who felt like they were seating walk ups before they were seating reservations. Don't know why I didn't book at our usual off time but will never do that again! And yes they do take the Safari Club card I had booked a reservation because that was our first time going there with the Safari card and I wanted to be safe than sorry. They told me I didn't need to do that in the future.

disneydreamer98 said:
The reservation will not get you in any faster than the Safari Club card. You will be seated due to availability. Just like a reservation, with the Safari Club, you will receive the first available table that will fit your party size. They cannot just go kicking people out of their seats, so whether you have a reservation or a Safari Club card, you will not be seated until a table comes available for your party size.

I disagree. The next time I wanted to go to Rainforest at DTD, I made a reservation and had almost no wait time. I believe they will seat reservations first, than Safari Club walk-ups, then regular walk-ups.

There is an advantage of making a reservation as a Safari Club member: In making the reservation, I was first told that the time I wanted was not available and that the next available time was two hours later. After asking what they thought the wait time might be if I walked up with my Safari Club card, I was then told, "Oh, then you can have pretty much any reservation time you want with your Safari Card." The res. agent then fit me in during the time I orginally wanted and as I mentioned, I had almost no wait time. It was just a matter of getting the next available table. As with any restaraunt, no one ever gets booted off a table for a reservation. The reservation allows them to better manage and reserve an open table near the reservation time although at Rainforest, I don't imagine they have to do that. It's such a large place and the turn over is frequent enough that they probably just wait for the next available table.

Thanks everyone for the advice! I think I will Book a Reservation(since it is a Sat. Nite),and mention I have a Safari Club Card when I call for the reservation,also try for a later dinner time! Joan :flower:

I went on Friday with my SC card and me and two kids were seated with in 15 mins. It was very busy at that time and we had no reservations. I hope you have a great time :flower:
JenJen

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter