Rainforest Room on the Anthem?

mevelandry

DIS Veteran
Hi!

DH and I liked to get passes for the Rainforest on the Dream and I loved the one on the Wonder as well (even though it did not have a Jacuzzi)... We had a spa room on the Carnival Vista which gave us access to the Thermal Suite and offered a very similar experience.

I was wondering if there was something similar to the Rainforest/Thermal Suite on the Anthem of the Seas? I looked at the spa treatments but I did not see it in the available choices...

Thanks in advance!

I've been looking for the same thing. It's not something that can be booked ahead, but they have a Thermal Spa room that sounds similar to the Rainforest. Steam rooms, warm tile lounges, etc. I think the pass is $10 for the day. I'll be on the Anthem for my first non-Disney cruise on March 24th for a week to the Bahamas. :)

I've been looking for the same thing. It's not something that can be booked ahead, but they have a Thermal Spa room that sounds similar to the Rainforest. Steam rooms, warm tile lounges, etc. I think the pass is $10 for the day. I'll be on the Anthem for my first non-Disney cruise on March 24th for a week to the Bahamas. :)

Yay! Thanks for the info!

Let me know if you try it. I've been on the Disney Dream, the Disney Wonder and the Carnival Vista. I'm obsessed with thermal suites.

The price I have found online is 99$ for the whole cruise.

Anthem has what I would call rainforest room LITE.
Couple of saunas, wet and dry, one or two rain showers, and maybe 10-12 heated loungers.
I loved a lot about the Anthem but Disney had much better facilities in their rainforest room.
Sill enjoyed it though.

Anthem has what I would call rainforest room LITE.
Couple of saunas, wet and dry, one or two rain showers, and maybe 10-12 heated loungers.
I loved a lot about the Anthem but Disney had much better facilities in their rainforest room.
Sill enjoyed it though.

Based on your list, the only thing DCL seem to have over RCCL is jacuzzis in the Rainforest (on Dream and Fantasy... The Wonder and Magic don't have jacuzzis)?

I don't know yet if I'll go. It depends if they offer day passes and if they are under 30$.

Based on your list, the only thing DCL seem to have over RCCL is jacuzzis in the Rainforest (on Dream and Fantasy... The Wonder and Magic don't have jacuzzis)?

I don't know yet if I'll go. It depends if they offer day passes and if they are under 30$.

It was just that instead of 4 or 5 different saunas or showers Anthem has 1 or 2. Unless I missed some ;)
But at least 10 heated laungers.
I went there once to check it out - they gave me a pass as part of a raffle but I believe they had passes both day and length of cruise. I didn't pay attention to price though and didn't buy them.
Just make sure you visit the spa on the first day and check it out :)
You will love Anthem!

It was just that instead of 4 or 5 different saunas or showers Anthem has 1 or 2. Unless I missed some ;)
But at least 10 heated laungers.
I went there once to check it out - they gave me a pass as part of a raffle but I believe they had passes both day and length of cruise. I didn't pay attention to price though and didn't buy them.
Just make sure you visit the spa on the first day and check it out :)
You will love Anthem!

I could be wrong but I could swear there was only 2 to 3 different saunas on the Disney Dream and the Disney Wonder.

I love heated chairs. They feel amazing.

I will definitely go and ask questions regarding the spa as soon as I get on the ship.

248 days to go!

I could be wrong but I could swear there was only 2 to 3 different saunas on the Disney Dream and the Disney Wonder.

I love heated chairs. They feel amazing.

I will definitely go and ask questions regarding the spa as soon as I get on the ship.

248 days to go!

Yeah you're probably right... I guess I'm thinking of the Fantasy. And yes the heated loungers are what I'm in there for the most ;)
We just got off the Wonder and I went at times when it was just me and maybe 2 other people. I kept changing loungers lol.
Wonder had 4 rainforest showers if I'm not mistaken and 3 saunas? I don't remember, I don't stay in the sauna very long.
I don't want the rest of the year to fly but you know October will be here before you know it! Do you have any other cruises planned before then?

Yeah you're probably right... I guess I'm thinking of the Fantasy. And yes the heated loungers are what I'm in there for the most ;)
We just got off the Wonder and I went at times when it was just me and maybe 2 other people. I kept changing loungers lol.
Wonder had 4 rainforest showers if I'm not mistaken and 3 saunas? I don't remember, I don't stay in the sauna very long.
I don't want the rest of the year to fly but you know October will be here before you know it! Do you have any other cruises planned before then?

I loved the spa on the Wonder but I missed the light and the jacuzzis.

Yes, we are going on another cruise before the Anthem but not on RCCL. Carnival Victory in April... Just because I really really really wanted to visit Key West (never been there before). We've sailed on the Victory before (2016) but she is fresh out of dry dock now and they added the fun ship 2.0 upgrades on her (we got hooked to 2.0 when we sailed on the Carnival Vista last October). We are obsessed with cruising. :)

We'll be on that same cruise! It was so much cheaper than Disney for that same week.

We'll be on that same cruise! It was so much cheaper than Disney for that same week.
Yes! We also did this sailing on the Anthem and priced out Disney, exact same itinerary, they happened to release those sailings the day we came back on the Anthem.
Opening day prices with Disney were about $1800 (2A 1C) more for the same thing.
I can’t remember the exact #s but it’s was a huge differerence.
At the time we went with Anthem because Disney didn’t sail to Bermuda.
But now having done it and after 5 cruises with Disney - I would absolutely sail on Anthem again to Bermuda. Disney Magic is not worth that kind of premium over Anthem.
Can’t go wrong with either, but Anthem was a great value for essentially same cruise. In fact, we liked a lot of the facilities better on Anthem. It’s a great ship to be on if the weather is not corporating.

Unfortunately, we changed our plans and won't be sailing on the Anthem this year.

Maybe someday. :)

Oh no :(
Hope everything is OK

Yes. Thanks for asking. :)

Long story short: we booked a Southern Caribbean cruise for March 2019 with NCL & the itinerary sounds so nice that in our eyes, it made the Bermuda cruise look like an overpriced itinerary in comparison (also, we could get a 7 nights on the Oasis or Symphony for a similar price!).

So we decide to change itineraries. Unfortunately, we would need to change the dates of our vacations to get the itineraries we wanted on RCCL and it's not possible.

So we opted for the next destinations in line in our bucket list, which is Half Moon Cay & Grand Turk (So we have to go with Carnival for this one and the dates fits 100%). The ship is not that interesting but hey... First world problem!

This change makes us save 1000$!

I'm sad because I was excited to try RCCL but hopefully, we'll be able to try them in 2019 or 2020. :)

I understand - Anthem isn’t the cheapest option in the Royal fleet, in fact Quantum class is usually most expensive. I remember pricing it out and 5 night Bermuda on Anthem was the same price as 7 night Caribbean on Oasis/Allure. But since we could easily drive to port (NYC), we opted for the 5 night cruise. We would have to fly to Florida. Well we could drive but it’s 20 hrs ;)
Anyway - I found the least expensive sailings on the Anthem happen in Jan-March and those are the Florida/Bahamas. Even though Anthem is built for colder weather cruising, that itinerary is less than ideal. Well this winter anyway... you’d be freezing in NYC and it wasn’t very warm in Florida either ;)
If I had time I would love to do Anthem’s 12 night Southern Caribbean.

Hope you get to try Anthem and go to Bermuda one day, I’m sure it will work out.
It is more $ than other sailings with Royal for sure, but just think...we paid about $1800 less for my family of 3 on Anthem than same sailing on the Disney Magic! So it still was a bargain.
And we’re talking opening day prices for Disney whereas we booked Anthem 2 months out.

Your new cruise sounds awesome, great ports!

I understand - Anthem isn’t the cheapest option in the Royal fleet, in fact Quantum class is usually most expensive. I remember pricing it out and 5 night Bermuda on Anthem was the same price as 7 night Caribbean on Oasis/Allure. But since we could easily drive to port (NYC), we opted for the 5 night cruise. We would have to fly to Florida. Well we could drive but it’s 20 hrs ;)
Anyway - I found the least expensive sailings on the Anthem happen in Jan-March and those are the Florida/Bahamas. Even though Anthem is built for colder weather cruising, that itinerary is less than ideal. Well this winter anyway... you’d be freezing in NYC and it wasn’t very warm in Florida either ;)
If I had time I would love to do Anthem’s 12 night Southern Caribbean.

Hope you get to try Anthem and go to Bermuda one day, I’m sure it will work out.
It is more $ than other sailings with Royal for sure, but just think...we paid about $1800 less for my family of 3 on Anthem than same sailing on the Disney Magic! So it still was a bargain.
And we’re talking opening day prices for Disney whereas we booked Anthem 2 months out.

Your new cruise sounds awesome, great ports!

I think there is no ship I wouldn't like to sail and no itinerary I wouldn't like to try. So I will most likely do it someday.

The Southern Caribbean voyage is offering 5 ports (departing from San Juan which I have never seen) for 500$/pp vs 1 port (departing from NYC that I have seen 8 times) for 800$/pp so it was an offer we simply couldn't refuse. The call of St. Lucia & Tortola was just too strong.

We changed plans and postponed Key West three times in the past and now I'll finally get to visit KW in a few weeks.

I'm not worried. We'll visit the Bermuda someday. :)

I think there is no ship I wouldn't like to sail and no itinerary I wouldn't like to try. So I will most likely do it someday.

The Southern Caribbean voyage is offering 5 ports (departing from San Juan which I have never seen) for 500$/pp vs 1 port (departing from NYC that I have seen 8 times) for 800$/pp so it was an offer we simply couldn't refuse. The call of St. Lucia & Tortola was just too strong.

We changed plans and postponed Key West three times in the past and now I'll finally get to visit KW in a few weeks.

I'm not worried. We'll visit the Bermuda someday. :)

We LOVED sailing from San Juan and the Southern itinerary! Our ports were Aruba, Antigua, St. Kitts and Martinique. That's why we have to do another Southern Sailing ;)
Tortola, St. Lucia, Barbados, Curacao... so many places to visit! I'm with you... there really isn't a cruise I wouldn't take!
And I understand wanting to sail from San Juan as something different (San Juan is amazing by the way) but for us it was our first time sailing from NYC, so we kind of did the opposite...
You will love it I'm sure and I have no doubt you'll end up in Bermuda one day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter