Rainforest room passes

Jekyllcat

Earning My Ears
I had been pondering pre-purchasing Rainforest Room passes for the Disney Dream, but noticed that with the launch of the new on-board cruise gift site today, the passes are not listed (but I would have sworn I saw them in the with the cruise gifts site last week).

First time cruiser - are these passes something I'll be able to reserve when my date to reserve things rolls around? If I wait until we board the ship to make a decision on these, is it likely that they will already be sold out?

Um, you’re not kidding! What the heck Disney!? They appear to totally have taken away the one day Rainforest Room passes!

I just confirmed with Disney via chat that you can still pre-order 1-Day Rainforest passes for upcoming cruises by calling DCL directly.

First time cruiser - are these passes something I'll be able to reserve when my date to reserve things rolls around? If I wait until we board the ship to make a decision on these, is it likely that they will already be sold out?

Jekyllcat, you can order the passes anytime after you have your reservation booked. You don't need to wait until your window for booking activities opens up. I've never heard of passes pre-selling out, but you never know if price will change or they will stop offering them for some reason."

Last edited:
What the... why do I have to have a reservation to look at the possible gifts I could buy? That's insane. Maybe I want to give a gift to a friend as a surprise. I won't know their res number.

I just confirmed with Disney via chat that you can still pre-order 1-Day Rainforest passes for upcoming cruises by calling DCL directly.

Yes, but...but...who wants to have to call them? Ugh! I much prefer emailing and/or doing it online instead of having to wait to speak to a person. Oh well!

I just checked with DCL via chat and apparently the one day Rainforest passes are now only available on board at either Guest Services or the Spa itself. They no longer can be ordered in advance.

We may just skip Rainforest, as I have no desire to wait in either line.

SW

I just checked with DCL via chat and apparently the one day Rainforest passes are now only available on board at either Guest Services or the Spa itself. They no longer can be ordered in advance.

SW

When I spoke to a CM on the phone yesterday, they told me it was in the spa only. So who knows.

I’m now debating on the purchase... I wanted to do all of this before we left and not make embarkation even crazier. I guess I’ll see what kind of mood I’m in once we board. :)

SW
I wonder if this is a new change? I just ordered four one day passes two days ago via phone.

SW
I love the Rainforest room but I haven't missed it on my last 2 cruises. You can still use the steam room and shower facilities as a regular guest. I enjoy the hot tub in quiet cove anyway so I'm really not missing much.

I sent my order via mail form two days before the launch of the new online ordering. The charge has already been applied to my card, so I guess I ordered passes just in time. I would not have wanted to do it while onboard.

I love the Rainforest room but I haven't missed it on my last 2 cruises. You can still use the steam room and shower facilities as a regular guest. I enjoy the hot tub in quiet cove anyway so I'm really not missing much.

The only part of the Rainforest Room I really use is the heated loungers and occasionalyl the hot tub. And enjoy the view out over the water.

We normally get a length of cruise pass with no scrubs, but were going to just do some day passes this time. Skipping it altogether could be good, saves us time in line plus more time to do other things. We're doing a B2B2B so if I really miss it we can get the day passes on board for the 2nd and 3rd cruise.

I forgot about the hot tub at quiet cove, thanks for the reminder.

SW

The only part of the Rainforest Room I really use is the heated loungers and occasionalyl the hot tub. And enjoy the view out over the water.

We normally get a length of cruise pass with no scrubs, but were going to just do some day passes this time. Skipping it altogether could be good, saves us time in line plus more time to do other things. We're doing a B2B2B so if I really miss it we can get the day passes on board for the 2nd and 3rd cruise.

I forgot about the hot tub at quiet cove, thanks for the reminder.

SW
The heated loungers are very nice. I typically do the length of cruise pass as well but in September the CM told me it came with the scrubs aka the deluxe package. I told her I was not interested in them and wanted the cheaper rate. She didn’t give it to me so I left. A few threads on that topic.

On My past cruise last week I just used the locker room facilities and the quiet cove jacuzzi. I didn’t miss the rainforest room plus with four ports of call it didn’t seem worth it to spend $200 on the 7-night package. I agree that the day passes are the better move.

Enjoy that B2B2B! You’ll be hitting platinum in no time if you haven’t already!

The heated loungers are very nice. I typically do the length of cruise pass as well but in September the CM told me it came with the scrubs aka the deluxe package. I told her I was not interested in them and wanted the cheaper rate. She didn’t give it to me so I left. A few threads on that topic.

On My past cruise last week I just used the locker room facilities and the quiet cove jacuzzi. I didn’t miss the rainforest room plus with four ports of call it didn’t seem worth it to spend $200 on the 7-night package. I agree that the day passes are the better move.

Enjoy that B2B2B! You’ll be hitting platinum in no time if you haven’t already!

We also don't do the scrubs -- I am allergic to them. So not pleased they have done away with the non-scrubs length of cruise passes :-(

We're gold now, the B2B2B will be #6,7,8.

SW

So we called less than a week ahead of our cruise that embarked on May 11th and got one day passes. I am not sure that I understand the inconsistencies.

So we called less than a week ahead of our cruise that embarked on May 11th and got one day passes. I am not sure that I understand the inconsistencies.

They changed to being able to order amenities online - and removed the advance day pass option at that time - since your cruise embarked. Not inconsistent - a change.

I wonder if online ordering will come back? I have day passes for our 4 day dream double dip (going on Nassau day). Next year we have a 7 night with 3 port days and i was really counting on one or two sets of day passes--we love the loungers. I know I can wait in line at the spa--hope it's a quick line!

What the... why do I have to have a reservation to look at the possible gifts I could buy? That's insane. Maybe I want to give a gift to a friend as a surprise. I won't know their res number.

Yes very annoying but I wonder if it is because they have different options for different cruises based on theme and destination.

I never realised the one day passes could be bought online. I always called as I only ever found the form to fax which isn’t practical internationally. I have to call soon to sort out my hotel transfer details so hopefully I can buy a one day pass again. Next cruise is only 3 days so only want entry on Nassau day as I will spend the other day on castaway cay. I’m also allergic to the scrubs - only ever use hypoallergenic washes, shampoo etc - so would be very annoyed if they were part of my price.

Yes very annoying but I wonder if it is because they have different options for different cruises based on theme and destination.

I never realised the one day passes could be bought online. I always called as I only ever found the form to fax which isn’t practical internationally. I have to call soon to sort out my hotel transfer details so hopefully I can buy a one day pass again. Next cruise is only 3 days so only want entry on Nassau day as I will spend the other day on castaway cay. I’m also allergic to the scrubs - only ever use hypoallergenic washes, shampoo etc - so would be very annoyed if they were part of my price.

Previously they couldn't be bought online -- only by phone or fax, the same as the other onboard gifts.

Now that the onboard gifts CAN be bought online [very recent change], they did not include the Rainforest day passes in the items that can be purchased. If you contact DCL about buying a day pass, as I did via their chat function, you are informed they can now only be bought on board ship.

SW

While I agree, you used to just pick your cruise date and ship, rather than have a reservation number to enter. It was much easier, especially if you were thinking of getting a gift for someone or hadn't booked a cruise, but wanted to peruse the gifts to flesh out an image in your mind. I think they will lose the marketing potential here.

I noticed the same thing and was annoyed as well. Apparently I can't just be nosey anymore. :sad2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!