Rainforest room passes

I just checked with DCL via chat and apparently the one day Rainforest passes are now only available on board at either Guest Services or the Spa itself. They no longer can be ordered in advance.

We may just skip Rainforest, as I have no desire to wait in either line.

SW

One of my first stops on board (after lunch and dropping off bags in the stateroom) is the spa to get the length of cruise Rainforest Pass. I have never encountered a big line there.

We are traveling in October and already bought our passes. But, I'm wondering if they actually sell one day passes at the spa. On previous cruises, you could only buy length of stay passes on board. Can you buy length of stay without the scrubs?

It may be worth it to give feedback to DCL about the frustration with not being able to purchase online prior to sailing. If enough people say something - they may bring it back.

I’m wondering if there has been an issue with overcrowding with the “buy in advance” passes since there was no way for them to control the amount - or at least the amount for any given day. It may be that in person you have to designate which day you want and they only have a certain number per day - with the length of cruise passes taken into account.

I’m wondering if there has been an issue with overcrowding with the “buy in advance” passes since there was no way for them to control the amount - or at least the amount for any given day. It may be that in person you have to designate which day you want and they only have a certain number per day - with the length of cruise passes taken into account.
Sounds like a reasonable possibility. Limiting the number of passes per day would help control capacity issues.

I just called and was able to order 2 day passes for Rainforest room for an upcoming June cruise.I just got the confirmation email :flower1:

I had called on Sunday and couldn’t book passes, so thank you everyone for posting the update today as I just book passes for our 2020 cruise.

What the... why do I have to have a reservation to look at the possible gifts I could buy? That's insane. Maybe I want to give a gift to a friend as a surprise. I won't know their res number.

It would have to do with privacy between the guest and DCL giving the guest reservation information out to a non travelling party. Would you want someone to be able to call DCL and get your reservation number and find out when you were sailing and your stateroom number and actual sail dates?

I guess I would just ask the spouse for the reservation number, let them know you need it for that purpose and not to let them know that you asked for it and are ordering a gift. :) That way you could order a surprise for the friend. The amenity confirmation would not show up on the reservation itself and you would actually get the confirmation email that it was purchased. ETA: you can call DCL and give guest name, sail date and that you want to buy a gift, but they will not give you the reservation number. So you could still surprise them but would have to call in.

Last edited:
Just got off the phone with DCL -- apparently, due to "extreme popularity", they've decided to sell one day passes pre-cruise again! However, they cannot be purchased online, but I can confirm you can once again purchase them in advance over the phone.
Thanks for posting! I am going to call today and get mine before they change their mind again :P

I had called on Sunday and couldn’t book passes, so thank you everyone for posting the update today as I just book passes for our 2020 cruise.

Are you PIF yet? I didn't realize you could add these before you PIF. I want to book for my february cruise, still about $900 away :)

Thanks for posting! I am going to call today and get mine before they change their mind again :P

Are you PIF yet? I didn't realize you could add these before you PIF. I want to book for my february cruise, still about $900 away :)
Hi. We have only paid our deposit and they let me buy12 passes (4 for each of us over 18). We don’t have to pig until next April or May. We only wanted passes for our days at sea, so I didn’t want to buy a length of cruise pass on board. Very excited to have my passes, although my daughter who turns 18 only 6 weeks after our cruise is really annoyed!!

Hi. We have only paid our deposit and they let me buy12 passes (4 for each of us over 18). We don’t have to pig until next April or May. We only wanted passes for our days at sea, so I didn’t want to buy a length of cruise pass on board. Very excited to have my passes, although my daughter who turns 18 only 6 weeks after our cruise is really annoyed!!

I just called and she said she could only do one pass per stateroom, any additional would have to be purchased after you are on board.

Just hung up and will try someone else.

Called back and had the most absolutely lovely CM and a lovely chat that put me in the Disney mood. Booked the 5 I wanted. YAY. One more thing taken care of!!! $94.40 booked in advance for sea and port days - I won't use it on embarkation day or on CC day... vs $169.92 for the week pass. I know it won't come with scrubs but I am not interested in those anyway. Even if I don't use a day it will still be less than the week pass.

Moral of the story is if someone at Disney doesn't know what they are doing, try again! Obviously it was no problem booking the amount I wanted.

Last edited:
Thanks so much for mentioning it could be done on the phone. I wanted to go ahead and do it before they changed their minds as well so I just called. The CM said but Dianne, you're not traveling for 414 days...said I was the first one to call him so far out. I just told him I thought it would make a great bday gift (June 1) and Father's Day gift. Worked out perfectly, again I appreciate everyone's help in this thread. One more thing checked off the list!

Last edited:
I am not happy about this. I fax ordered a 6 pack of water weeks before the cruise, got on the cruise and it wasn't there. Whose to say it won't happen with my passes too. I love ordering stuff from the online website. My mother actually gifted me the passes for the rainforest on my cruise this month. All she needed was the date
Disney- if it ain't broken.....

I am not happy about this. I fax ordered a 6 pack of water weeks before the cruise, got on the cruise and it wasn't there. Whose to say it won't happen with my passes too. I love ordering stuff from the online website. My mother actually gifted me the passes for the rainforest on my cruise this month. All she needed was the date
Disney- if it ain't broken.....
I requested an email confirmation so I have some proof. It sounded like he was finishing up the call with me but before he could I asked if there was a way I could receive an email so I had something to print to give as gifts (I created something using the email but excluding the prices). He said yes then confirmed my email address and the confirmations were both there immediately. I am going to bring the originals along in case we have any trouble.

If you book a massage can you use the Rainforest without having to get a Rainforest pass?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!