Rainforest Spa question

Rob1872

DIS Veteran
OK, I've read about what is in the Rainforest spa area, and how to buy day passes, etc.

My real question is how crowded does it typically get on a Dream 4 day? Everyone posts pictures of a basically empty area; what is the reality? If I want to sit in a hot tub with my wife looking out over the water, do I anticipate having 10 minutes of soaking and relaxing, or do I anticipate 10 minutes of feeling like being in the middle seat of an economy flight with 2 large football linemen on either side of me while someone is tapping me on the shoulder and being irritated that I'm not moving over into the lap of my neighbor so they can squeeze in? Do you get to bring a book and read a while on the heated lounge chairs, or is there a line of 10 people standing there waiting for you to get up? The showers look like a fun experience (at least to try once) but might not be as nice if people are giving you the evil eye if you spend more than 15 seconds in the shower before moving along for the next person.

I went in there on our day at sea on a 5 night double dip on the Dream. It was in the afternoon.

The showers weren’t crowded. I do wish there were more robe hangers.... I don’t want to take somebody else’s on accident.

I went in the dry sauna with a window to the outside. Wasn’t crowded. I was just annoyed at the ladies chatting. I was hoping for some quiet.

I easily found a heated lounger for maybe 20 minutes of relaxing? No line before me. It started to pick up, though.

And I don’t remember anybody in either hot tub, honestly.

I do recall the lockers were almost all taken.

Your pass is good all day. Maybe give it a try throughout the day.

Had the pass twice, once on a 7 and once on a 4 day. It may vary from cruise to cruise but I found time of day really mattered. We do late seating and I often head there late afternoon, either overlapping or fully during the first seating and often found it empty or 1 - 3 others.

Great way to relax and do the shower and shave before dinner. All I had to do once back at the room was switch to my dinner clothes.

If you have first seating, and have seen or no interest in the shows, it is virtually deserted after 830 pm. It is, without a doubt, one of our favorite places on the ship and not only have I enjoyed several chapters of a novel on the heated recliners, but even a short nap! I've never found the adult area overly crowded and we are going on cruise #9 between Christmas and New Year's. It's delightful!

OK, I've read about what is in the Rainforest spa area, and how to buy day passes, etc.

My real question is how crowded does it typically get on a Dream 4 day? Everyone posts pictures of a basically empty area; what is the reality? If I want to sit in a hot tub with my wife looking out over the water, do I anticipate having 10 minutes of soaking and relaxing, or do I anticipate 10 minutes of feeling like being in the middle seat of an economy flight with 2 large football linemen on either side of me while someone is tapping me on the shoulder and being irritated that I'm not moving over into the lap of my neighbor so they can squeeze in? Do you get to bring a book and read a while on the heated lounge chairs, or is there a line of 10 people standing there waiting for you to get up? The showers look like a fun experience (at least to try once) but might not be as nice if people are giving you the evil eye if you spend more than 15 seconds in the shower before moving along for the next person.
If you want to experience an empty Rainforest Room, go on Castaway Cay morning.

Last edited:

I went on the port day when the ship was in Nassau, when I got there there was room and the hot tubs weren’t too busy. It got quieter the later it got into the afternoon. Had the hot tub to myself when we sailed out of Nassau!

I went on the port day when the ship was in Nassau, when I got there there was room and the hot tubs weren’t too busy. It got quieter the later it got into the afternoon. Had the hot tub to myself when we sailed out of Nassau!
That sounds wonderful!

Reactions: RDP
We've gone twice on Nassau day, both times late morning/early afternoon, and both times it was very very quiet. Maybe 2 or 3 other couples there, but we never had to wait for anything: had the hot tub and sauna to ourselves, one other person in the steam room, and although another couple was using the themed showers, there are four showers so we just rotated through different. I really don't think many people know about the day pass, because the rest of the boat was quite full so I doubt it was just being in port that made it empty.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter