Rainy Season?

Duck143

DIS Veteran
Is May always as rainy as it was this past month? Does anyone have experience going this time of year and getting better weather? I remember going in 2009 and it was record breaking heat with the typical FL storms in the afternoon that pass in 20 minutes.

It rains almost every day in FL in the summertime so unless you go December - February ( it can still rain) you will more then likely get some rain

I've only been in May this year, but from what I've read from others, it's not usually as wet in May as it was this time, and the climate data looks like it bears that out.

It rains almost every day in FL in the summertime so unless you go December - February ( it can still rain) you will more then likely get some rain

We were there in Feb 2007, and it poured the rain during the Pirate and Princess party. It was worse than June rain because it was so, so cold.

We were there in Feb 2007, and it poured the rain during the Pirate and Princess party. It was worse than June rain because it was so, so cold.
Yes this is why I said it can still rain just the change of rain goes down rain goes down during the winter months. Was this this past NYE and it rains hard one day of the trip

Last year May was very dry,even into June it was not raining.Most years the rainy season usually starts late May or early June,this year it started a couple of weeks early.

Thank you all for the information and links! We're thinking about getting AP's and going for the next 2 May's. We went May 11-20 this year and it was super rainy. We had a great trip and did just about everything, but would have preferred a tad less rain.

Is it rainy in September? Thats when we are going and I have been worried about the same thing.

May does have it’s ups and downs here in Florida. Honestly we can never predict Mother Nature here lol. To be honest June and July are normally the rainier times plus it’s hurricane season as well. So far we have had rain almost everyday so far this month.

Is May always as rainy as it was this past month? Does anyone have experience going this time of year and getting better weather? I remember going in 2009 and it was record breaking heat with the typical FL storms in the afternoon that pass in 20 minutes.

We usually go in May. Never had a real problem. It might rain every, usually in the pm. Short lived and usually dries up pretty fast. Maybe this year was an anomoly.

We've gone MANY times in May, including this year. It's never been anywhere near as rainy as it was this year. I remember coming out of AK one day, and there was a puddle so big and deep that people were taking off their shoes because the water was over their ankles (not really a puddle-more like a small pond). I read somewhere that this was the rainiest May on record.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter