rant...why am I being punished for a split stay

dansyr2514

DIS Veteran
Ok...just got off the phone with disney dining. I'm very irritated! I got up this morning at my 180 day mark at 7:00 am and called to make dining reservations. At 180 days 7:00 AM I could not get Le Cellier or Ohana's...at any time!
So I adjusted and continued with my bookings and the could not book for me past 10/3. I told her we would still be on property and are switching to AKL. She eventually talked to a manager and the manager told her that there is nothing they can do. I told her I should be able to book 180 plus 10 regardless and she again told me I couldn't So everyone else booking 180 plus 10 grabbed the reservations for Ohana and Le Cellier that are just at1 80 days this morning but I can't book 180 plus 10. I'm very irritated!

Sorry just needed to vent to someone!

You need to book online. Have you tried to do this. Often it opens my window much longer than my departure day. I do split stays often, but generally the first day or two at a value, then move to the DVC resort.

BTW -- I just checked. When you put in your resort info it WILL give you 10 days of booking days regardless of your checkout date. My dates are 9/28-10/5, but I just checked and I could book dining up to 10/8 (if I was there). Go and take a look. I started booking on Thursday and could not get LeCellier for 10/1, but it did open as the week progressed. Good Luck.

No, I havent' tried. Through the regular disneyworld website?

Yes, here's the link

http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/restaurants/

Once you choose your first restaurant, you will need to log in, and after your log in, click "retrieve resevation" and after tha is accepted, if should show your resevation in italics. Then the 10 day window will open up. Choose your hard to get ADRs first and then back fill. Once you're done, check out and good luck! It's pretty overwhelming, but does work well. I just used it this morning and all seemed to be working.

It just occured to me while reading this tread, since when calling CRO to book a room the CM suposidly does not always see the same availablity that shows up when you check online booking on the Disney site is it possible the same issue happens with dining reservations? Seems to me it is quite possible. I have never booked ADR's online yet but plan to for my upcoming trip. I am definately going to try online first before calling

It just occured to me while reading this tread, since when calling CRO to book a room the CM suposidly does not always see the same availablity that shows up when you check online booking on the Disney site is it possible the same issue happens with dining reservations? Seems to me it is quite possible. I have never booked ADR's online yet but plan to for my upcoming trip. I am definately going to try online first before calling

You should practice first. It can get overwhelming the first time. Log on, put in your reservation number and see if it comes up for you. Search for restraurants and make sure you are ready when the time comes. I love the online dining line. I take my netbook with my on my trips and will modify my ADRs while in the room. The system works great unless it's a very busy day, then you might have problems with the system being busy.

Thanks everyone! I could hug all of you:grouphug:
For some reason I thought I would have better luck by calling than trying to book online. Silly me.

I did get everything else I wanted online. Only thing I couldn't get was Ohana's but I'll keep checking.

I am still irritated with disney dining though.:headache: I wasted a precious hour of booking time online with them this morning trying to figure out why I wasn't able to book 180 +10 when I could've been online booking the 180+ 10.

Thanks again! dis ers are the best!:thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter