Ratatouille- Worth a trip to Epcot this summer?

McKenna

RoseKenobi
Hey everyone!! My family and I have been to Disney a little over 10 times, so we know what Epcot’s all about. It’s never been our favorite park, but we know this upcoming expansion is going to make it great!
With that being said, is it worth it to spend a day at Epcot when Ratatouille opens, even though it’s a construction zone and it’s not our favorite park? Is the ride monumental enough for us to visit this summer?

thanks!!

Are you going on a trip anyway, and asking if you should make epcot one of your park days? Or are you asking if you should plan a trip just to go to Epcot for the day?

I've read others who plan skipping Epcot next trip. We like Epcot so we would never skip.

As far as Ratattouille, nobody knows for sure and it is subjective but I'd expect it to be more popular than Na'vi River at AK and FrozenEA. Space220 restaurant is also opening so between that and the ride, you may want to visit.

Visit mostly just for Ratti? I would wait for next time if nothing else at Epcot mattered to me.

I rode it several times at Disneyland Paris when it first opened there. It's a great ride, but I don't think I would plan a special trip just to ride it right away.

I have ridden Ratatouille in Paris. It's not that great of a ride and honestly I think a lot of people are going to be disappointed by it. If you're already not high on Epcot anyway I wouldn't bother.

I've ridden Ratatouille in DLP and really liked it. Its a new ride technology and its well executed. I'm not sure I'd wait hours to get on though.

I've read others who plan skipping Epcot next trip. We like Epcot so we would never skip.

As far as Ratattouille, nobody knows for sure and it is subjective but I'd expect it to be more popular than Na'vi River at AK and FrozenEA. Space220 restaurant is also opening so between that and the ride, you may want to visit.

Visit mostly just for Ratti? I would wait for next time if nothing else at Epcot mattered to me.
And the new restaurant in the Paris Pavilion opening with RAT.

What are the ages of your party? We visited Disneyland Paris when the kids were seven and eight and the "Remy Ride" was one of their favourites, and the one they remember best from that trip. I wouldn't say the ride by itself is worth a day in the park if you have no interest otherwise, but if you're not into thrill rides and like a really well done, immersive ride with great attention to details, it's worth your consideration at least.

If I was not a big Epcot fan to begin with, and with it the way it is right now, I don't think I'd make a special trip over there just for Ratatouille. And if I did NOT have park hopper tickets, then for sure I wouldn't, because then I'd be committing to an entire trip day to a park I didn't really like while it's in the midst of a huge amount of construction.

I've ridden Ratatouille in DLP and really liked it. Its a new ride technology and its well executed. I'm not sure I'd wait hours to get on though.
I agree, we rode it when we were in DLP and loved it. Don't go in looking for the mega thrill rather, look at the details, the storytelling, and frankly the trackless ride system. I rode it three times in a row (within a 35 minute period) and noticed new things each time. Personally, I am really looking forward to the addition of Ratatouille. EC has needed some love for quite a while and I think, and hope, that we are finally on the right path.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!