Rate Increase Coming Now?

Thanks anomamatt! I do have a couple dummy guest names on my account because when booking a Disney Springs hotel, it insisted that I include 2 adults and 2 kids.
So, if I put them on the fake names, after we use the first two AP's I can just move new ones to our names? Sorry if I seem dense, just trying to be careful and do this right.
And yes, I will save/print the emails. Thanks!

I just got an AP I haven't used it yet, what are the vouchers you're discussing?

Thanks anomamatt! I do have a couple dummy guest names on my account because when booking a Disney Springs hotel, it insisted that I include 2 adults and 2 kids.
So, if I put them on the fake names, after we use the first two AP's I can just move new ones to our names? Sorry if I seem dense, just trying to be careful and do this right.
And yes, I will save/print the emails. Thanks!

Yes, vouchers can be moved back and forth between people until activated.

AP vouchers don’t expire. But they do have the 2030 date in MDE. I’ve been told by mde support that it’s a placeholder expiration.
Actually I was informed at Guest Services in Disney Springs that my AP voucher had in fact expired! The offered to apply the price I paid for it towards another pass or tickets. I would have had to pay over $500 for another pass. Is this possible?

Actually I was informed at Guest Services in Disney Springs that my AP voucher had in fact expired! The offered to apply the price I paid for it towards another pass or tickets. I would have had to pay over $500 for another pass. Is this possible?
Did you buy a special discounted one? Such as the heavily discounted Platinum Pass they sold to DVC members? Those expired and it was detailed when buying the ticket that it did. However if you buy the gold or platinum passes at the full price (DVC price even) they don’t expire.

Did you buy a special discounted one? Such as the heavily discounted Platinum Pass they sold to DVC members? Those expired and it was detailed when buying the ticket that it did. However if you buy the gold or platinum passes at the full price (DVC price even) they don’t expire.
No it was not a discounted voucher. I bought it direct from Disney and still have the paperwork that came with it which says nothing about activation deadlines.

No it was not a discounted voucher. I bought it direct from Disney and still have the paperwork that came with it which says nothing about activation deadlines.
How long ago was the purchase? I’m assuming it’s a DVC pass since you are activating it at GS instead of just walking into the park?

How long ago was the purchase? I’m assuming it’s a DVC pass since you are activating it at GS instead of just walking into the park?
I bought it in 2005. Soon after that Disney began offering some very good packages (free dining etc) and I started booking those and therefore just used my tickets that came with the package and never activated the AP. Had I saved those and activated my AP I’d be way ahead now.

I bought it in 2005. Soon after that Disney began offering some very good packages (free dining etc) and I started booking those and therefore just used my tickets that came with the package and never activated the AP. Had I saved those and activated my AP I’d be way ahead now.
Ah I would definitely try a different guest service then. I’m guessing since it’s older you are trying to have them convert it to the My Disney Experience compatible ticket to link? If the CM says no I would politely ask a supervisor since it has no activate by X date. They should even bump it up to a pass that includes all entitlements it offered if that level of pass is no longer offered.

Oh how I wish I had bought more NE tickets. This May DW and I are using 2 each of our remaining 4 NE+ tics. Our cost for both of us: $133. Disney price for equivalent 2 days Hopper for 2: $626!! Also if weather permits we will do a WP with our NE+. Our cost for both of us: $65 vs Disney $138. After this trip we will only have 2 each NE Park and 9 NE+ (WP. Mini Golf, ESPN) remaining. Good for one more trip between AP years.

Ah I would definitely try a different guest service then. I’m guessing since it’s older you are trying to have them convert it to the My Disney Experience compatible ticket to link? If the CM says no I would politely ask a supervisor since it has no activate by X date. They should even bump it up to a pass that includes all entitlements it offered if that level of pass is no longer offered.
Thanks for the advice. I really should have done that. I even had all the paperwork with me. I’m wondering if there’s a number I could call? If not I’ll have to wait until our next trip. It will be another year older by then.:headache:

Oh how I wish I had bought more NE tickets. This May DW and I are using 2 each of our remaining 4 NE+ tics. Our cost for both of us: $133. Disney price for equivalent 2 days Hopper for 2: $626!! Also if weather permits we will do a WP with our NE+. Our cost for both of us: $65 vs Disney $138. After this trip we will only have 2 each NE Park and 9 NE+ (WP. Mini Golf, ESPN) remaining. Good for one more trip between AP years.
I bought the 10 day no ex tickets with my package every year and would upgrade them at the end of my trip and use them the next year. THOSE are the ones I should have saved. Have you seen what the unused ones go for on eBay??? We just used the last of ours this past February. I got some amazing package deals with those. Hard to think about those days now.

Since AP vouchers don't expire until 2030- does anyone know what happens if you buy a child AP voucher, but the child is a Disney "adult" if you activate it several years later?

For example, let's say I buy a child AP voucher today for a 7 year old. I intend to use it when she is 8. But, plans change, and, I don't activate it until she is 11. Will they replace it with an adult AP for no extra charge, 4 years later? Or will I have to pay the price increase to a 2023 AP price? I'm planning to call and ask, but wanted to check what the experts here thought first.

Since AP vouchers don't expire until 2030- does anyone know what happens if you buy a child AP voucher, but the child is a Disney "adult" if you activate it several years later?

For example, let's say I buy a child AP voucher today for a 7 year old. I intend to use it when she is 8. But, plans change, and, I don't activate it until she is 11. Will they replace it with an adult AP for no extra charge, 4 years later? Or will I have to pay the price increase to a 2023 AP price? I'm planning to call and ask, but wanted to check what the experts here thought first.
There isn’t a child price, currently, it’s the same as an adult. So I don’t think it actually matters and probably is just one type of voucher. Though if concerned just buy the 10+ which any age can use. I’ve never had a problem at Disney using an adult ticket for a child, perhaps others can confirm too.

There isn’t a child price, currently, it’s the same as an adult. So I don’t think it actually matters and probably is just one type of voucher. Though if concerned just buy the 10+ which any age can use. I’ve never had a problem at Disney using an adult ticket for a child, perhaps others can confirm too.
Thanks! That was what had me confused: since the child and adult AP are the same price, what's the difference? I'll look into just getting age 10+ vouchers.

Thanks! That was what had me confused: since the child and adult AP are the same price, what's the difference? I'll look into just getting age 10+ vouchers.
Generally I believe children's tickets don't require finger scans, at least it used to be that way. So if you do get them adult tickets and still use them while they are kids they may have to do the finger scan.

Generally I believe children's tickets don't require finger scans, at least it used to be that way. So if you do get them adult tickets and still use them while they are kids they may have to do the finger scan.
If it doesn’t work they just do a photo which is good for 1 year

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter