Rate Increase Coming Now?

Generally I believe children's tickets don't require finger scans, at least it used to be that way.

Child tickets do require a fingerprint. But the finger used can be a parent (that is what we do) since the kid's scans are pretty unreliable. If the kid scans their finger and next time it doesn't work, they will take a picture, too.

All APs have to be activated prior to use.
My bad. Though I have simply gone to the turnstile with a voucher to enter. I only needed to go to GS to get the Annual Pass card which I did later after using. Perhaps that was out of the norm but I had called and did this for an EMM reservation.

Last edited:
Actually I was informed at Guest Services in Disney Springs that my AP voucher had in fact expired! The offered to apply the price I paid for it towards another pass or tickets. I would have had to pay over $500 for another pass. Is this possible?

Strange.

I shudder at the thought of using Disney Mom's Panel for anything, but this is relevant: https://disneyparksmomspanel.disney.go.com/question/long-activate-annual-pass-342542/

Currently the date of expiration for Annual Passes is December 31, 2030. Yes, you read that right: 2030!

And as I mentioned, I have an email from MDE support saying 2030 is a placeholder and the vouchers never expire (again, who knows if this is accurate given the bad information CMs sometimes dish out).

Weird. I have had the opposite experience and that vouchers don't work at the tapstiles until activated -- though all my AP vouchers were bought using 'will call'. (relevant thread for needing activation: https://www.disboards.com/threads/annual-pass-activation.3583612/)
It might have been that GS wasn’t open at the park (not sure didn’t look) and they had a way around it. They just told me to stop by and grab the card later, but as I said I called earlier to ask specific to EMM day and they told me to do this so might have been special and I extrapolated.

Yes, vouchers can be moved back and forth between people until activated.
This is also inconsistent with what I was told at quest services. Vouchers cannot be moved. She said it was in my name and therefore ONLY I could use it. Which, of course, was moot anyway since she said it was no longer valid.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts