RCI Confusion - Prior DVC Member, Now HGV.. advice

supersuperwendy

any happy little thought?
Hi Guys,

It's been a while since I've posted here. We were DVC members for many years, but sold our membership a few years ago when we decided to move to Florida. Recently we purchased Hilton Grand Vacations. I was looking at the RCI exchanges today and do see Saratoga Springs as available for this June. But there is fine print at the bottom that caught me off guard... Is this true? Our "home resort" is Las Palmeras in Orlando. But we would be booking with "bonus" points, not our club points. So True?!! :scared:

• There is an area ownership restriction at this resort. If you made this reservation using points from an Orlando ownership or a resort within 30 miles of Disneyworld resorts in Orlando, it will be cancelled and you will be notified about rebooking a non-Disney property.

:charac2:

Hi Guys,

It's been a while since I've posted here. We were DVC members for many years, but sold our membership a few years ago when we decided to move to Florida. Recently we purchased Hilton Grand Vacations. I was looking at the RCI exchanges today and do see Saratoga Springs as available for this June. But there is fine print at the bottom that caught me off guard... Is this true? Our "home resort" is Las Palmeras in Orlando. But we would be booking with "bonus" points, not our club points. So True?!! :scared:

• There is an area ownership restriction at this resort. If you made this reservation using points from an Orlando ownership or a resort within 30 miles of Disneyworld resorts in Orlando, it will be cancelled and you will be notified about rebooking a non-Disney property.

:charac2:
That note is correct. You need to own outside of Orlando.

Last edited by a moderator:
All hgvc points are not impacted by that restriction. I know because I’m a hgvc owner too and have booked dvc with them.

Thanks everyone. I have been reading thru TUG, great advice there :thanks:
DVC and RCI have not applied the regional blocks to the points mini systems like Bluegreen, Hilton, Wyndham or Worldmark.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!