RCI to DVC

Yes, we do this very often! The most frequent deposits are 1BR SSR or OKW. I have seen BWI and AK. Don't waste your time looking for 2BR, because they rarely ever deposit those anymore. You can improve your chances by having an aged ongoing search in RCI and being very flexible with your dates. Right now there are lots of last minute deals (travel within 2 weeks) for a bargain if that works for you. DVC generally deposits about 7 months in advance.

Do you have RCI points or weeks? I have weeks and it takes 50-55 TP for 1 DVC week, so you may need to combine your deposits to get to that. The last minute deals are 12-14 TP (one right now for 8/23 at SSR for 12 TP).

You can join Tuggs Forum and look at the Sightings and Distressed board for Disney to get an idea what people have gotten and to get a heads up on some of the last minute postings. They have lots of good advice on if what you want is likely to become available.

Is the Ongoing Search feature (or similar) available in RCI Points? I thought that was Weeks only?
Points owners have access to both Points and Weeks inventory. Weeks owners have access only to Weeks inventory. DVC deposits to both Points and Weeks, though DVC exchanges are all for full-week stays in either pool, and all check in on either Friday, Saturday, or Sunday.

Points owners may place ongoing searches, but those searches match only Weeks inventory, not Points. So a Points owner (or a mini-system owner with access to Points) should use both an ongoing search *and* check the site frequently. as the Points inventory goes quickly under normal circumstances.

If you really want to maximize your opportunities (and it is available to you) it is worth considering upgrading your RCI account to Platinum, as some DVC inventory is under the Priority Access designation. Anecdotally, it appears that more DVC inventory is Weeks than in Points, but it is hard to say for sure.

Points owners have access to both Points and Weeks inventory. Weeks owners have access only to Weeks inventory. DVC deposits to both Points and Weeks, though DVC exchanges are all for full-week stays in either pool, and all check in on either Friday, Saturday, or Sunday.

Points owners may place ongoing searches, but those searches match only Weeks inventory, not Points. So a Points owner (or a mini-system owner with access to Points) should use both an ongoing search *and* check the site frequently. as the Points inventory goes quickly under normal circumstances.

If you really want to maximize your opportunities (and it is available to you) it is worth considering upgrading your RCI account to Platinum, as some DVC inventory is under the Priority Access designation. Anecdotally, it appears that more DVC inventory is Weeks than in Points, but it is hard to say for sure.
Cool, thank you!

And, fwiw, I have upgraded my RCI Weeks to Platinum enjoyed two exchanges into SSR booked soon after that upgrade.

You can join Tuggs Forum and look at the Sightings and Distressed board for Disney to get an idea what people have gotten and to get a heads up on some of the last minute postings. They have lots of good advice on if what you want is likely to become available.
That’s the Timeshare Users Group, https://tugbbs.com/forums/. $15/year to join, a wealth of knowledge in return.

Yes, we do this very often! The most frequent deposits are 1BR SSR or OKW. I have seen BWI and AK. Don't waste your time looking for 2BR, because they rarely ever deposit those anymore. You can improve your chances by having an aged ongoing search in RCI and being very flexible with your dates. Right now there are lots of last minute deals (travel within 2 weeks) for a bargain if that works for you. DVC generally deposits about 7 months in advance.

Do you have RCI points or weeks? I have weeks and it takes 50-55 TP for 1 DVC week, so you may need to combine your deposits to get to that. The last minute deals are 12-14 TP (one right now for 8/23 at SSR for 12 TP).

Thank you. We have points.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter