RD, BOG and pre order questions...

Juby

Earning My Ears
Hi everyone, I have a reservation at BOG for 9:25 on Saturday aug 25. The park opens at nine. Do you think I will be let in before RD? I use TP and planned 45 minutes for breakfast. We are on the DP and every blog I read say that it is a good value for QS. How long should I plan for the meal if I pre order? Do I still have to wait in line to be seated or do we bypass all the people waiting to be seated? I posted on a few forums and all the feedback I got is: move the reservation time for earlier (impossible to get), don’t go to BOG because we will miss RD momentum or go for lunch (also impossible). We plan to do only Fantasyland and Tomorrowland that day. I am going to try to get FP for 7dmt at 10:00. Do you think it will be too early after our breakfast or will we make it?

Hello! You will not be let in before RD because the reservation is after the park opens. I know that you didn't ask, but I agree with the others who have said that this isn't a good time for a BOG reservation. I would definitely forgo the breakfast and take advantage of short lines in the morning. I don't know what day this is of your trip but at 60+2 I was unable to secure a FP for SDMT before 12:45. Keep trying for a later time for BOG if you can't get the earlier one. A late breakfast makes sense. It is a good value on the dining plan but the food isn't anything special. I like it but I wouldn't seek it out if I couldn't get a reservation before 8:45 to take advantage of riding SDMT or PP before the crowds.

Last edited:
No you will not be let back behind the castle before RD with a 9:25am ADR.

Personally I don't think breakfast is a good use of a QS credit on the dining plan. I find lunch to be much more worth it whether on the dining plan or paying OOP.

People are not waiting to be seated since its a seat your self situation.
They are waiting in that long line to order.
When you preorder you'll go up the left side of the bridge and right to a cashier who will confirm your order and then you go find a seat.

I'd allocate 30-45 minutes. It depends on how quickly you eat and how fast you decide to leave.
We usually linger a bit to really enjoy our time there so we are there about 45 minutes.

If you make a FP+ for 7DMT for 10am it will be from 10am-11am so yeah plenty of time to get to it with a 9:25am ADR.

Last edited:
For breakfast, if you like the food there, BoG is a good value *only* if you're on the dining plan. Otherwise, it's a very expensive breakfast for what you get if paying out of pocket. We find the breakfast there to be very "meh".

To me, it's a decent value OOP for lunch. It's a little more expensive than *most* QS, but the food quality is better than most, as well.

Lunch is by far our family's favorite meal there. We don't even consider breakfast or dinner anymore.

For breakfast, if you like the food there, BoG is a good value *only* if you're on the dining plan. Otherwise, it's a very expensive breakfast for what you get if paying out of pocket. We find the breakfast there to be very "meh".

To me, it's a decent value OOP for lunch. It's a little more expensive than *most* QS, but the food quality is better than most, as well.

Lunch is by far our family's favorite meal there. We don't even consider breakfast or dinner anymore.

yes..it is definitely only a good "value" if on the dining plan. I should have said it is a good use of a qs dining credit as the meal is priced ridiculously for breakfast. But it makes sense on the dining plan. However, I still would not use it for breakfast unless it was PPO or late after the lines started building.

Thanks everyone! I think I will follow the general advice and cancel my reservation. I was going at MK that day only because of that reservation. So, I will go to MK the day before and enjoy a morning filled with magic and less crowded. Hopefully, a lunch reservation will open up.

Thanks everyone! I think I will follow the general advice and cancel my reservation. I was going at MK that day only because of that reservation. So, I will go to MK the day before and enjoy a morning filled with magic and less crowded. Hopefully, a lunch reservation will open up.
Put a request on Touring Plans reservation finder. Especially the week of and the day before ADRs open up as people shed them.
That way you could do a lunch (QS) at BOG on your MK day. It is a far better value on your DDP at lunch than breakfast. Don't give up hope, seriously, I have found some of the most hard to get ADRs this way.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!