RD for Na'vi

hllb

DIS Veteran
What's the best way to do this? Park is set to open at 9 that day. So aim to get there around 8:15 or so? I know we don't need to be at the front of the horde. But once they let us in, how do we get around the crowd going to FoP?

We arrived at 8:45 for 9:00 RD.
Went right to Na'vi without FP.
Wait time was listed at 25 minutes by 9:05 when we got on line.
By 9:30 we were already off the ride.

Did you avoid the hoard of people going to FoP by going at 8:45?

I've heard that there's a line on the left going into Pandora, and that's the one for Na'vi. It's also a lot shorter. I'll see for myself when we go there next Wednesday!

I've heard that there's a line on the left going into Pandora, and that's the one for Na'vi. It's also a lot shorter. I'll see for myself when we go there next Wednesday!

This is true. Went end of Sept. Arrived in-park about 8:40 so enough after RD to avoid FoP rush. The line was building past the bridge into Pandora. We stayed to left and walked past crowd into Pandora to NRJ. Waited 10 mins for ride (posted wait was 25min). Rode a second time right after first ride and waited 5 min. Then went over to FoP FP.

We did it on Monday. Arrived at 7am for 8am EMH. I had my three daughters with me (16, 11 and 10) so we were more concerned with staying together than "aggressively" trying to stay at the front of the line like most. They let us through the main entrance at 7:30 and held everyone at the bridge to Discovery Island. At 7:45 they walked everyone to the bridge into Pandora. Then at 8am they let everyone into Pandora. We were in the second showing of the day and finished by 8:15. We had FP for NRJ later in the afternoon. It worked well for us. We ended up doing both Pandora attractions with a total wait of less than 30 min.

We did this Thursday. Got a bus around 8:05, through security and turnstiles around 8:30, stopped to use the restroom, walked over the bridge to pandora around 8:45 at a leisurely pace and walked right onto Navi with no wait. We were off and exploring pandora before 9 and tried a pongu lumpia with no line at pongo pongo. We missed all the herding at the bridge and standing around waiting, and the FOP line really wasn't hard to get around - most of the people we walked in with just headed to the right and down the path to Africa while we kept left.

Last edited:
We did this Thursday. Got a bus around 8:05, through security and turnstiles around 8:30, stopped to use the restroom, walked over the bridge to pandora around 8:45 at a leisurely pace and walked right onto Navi with no wait. We were off and exploring pandora before 9 and tried a pongu lumpia with no line at pongo pongo. We missed all the herding at the bridge and standing around waiting, and the FOP line really wasn't hard to get around - most of the people we walked in with just headed to the right and down the path to Africa while we kept left.

I like the sound of that! The pictures I’ve seen of the bridge give me heart palpitations lol.

I like the sound of that! The pictures I’ve seen of the bridge give me heart palpitations lol.

I feel you on that. I didn't want to be part of that herd and was so happy when I finally managed to score a FP+ for FOP after being denied at my 60 day window.

I was okay with a small wait for NRJ and had read about those super early people getting off FOP around 9 and getting right on NRJ with little to no wait, so I figured we'd be golden as long as we were inside the park before 9, and we were. The ride was really beautiful and relaxing, and the Shaman was amazing. It didn't feel super short to us, but I think I might have felt differently had I had to wait more than fifteen minutes for it. I only waited as long as it took to walk the queue. Lol.

We don’t have our FoP FP yet but I’m pretty sure we'll get them when the window opens next month.AK will be 60+7 so we should be golden there.

So I assume that Rope Dropping Navi and FP+ FoP is the way to go (assuming you can get the FP+ for FoP), and not the other way around?

I have a 9 AM FoP FP, and my plan is arrive around 8:30 and head toward NRJ. Maybe ride twice depending on wait, then do FoP. I really don't want to be in the FoP hordes.

My advice for the better way to do it is to get a FP for about 9:30 for FoP. Rope drop FoP, walk on Navi, and then use FP for FoP again. This way you get 2 rides on FoP, get to do Navi and be done with it forever, and out of Pandora by 10:15. Once you do FoP once, you will want to do it again.

My advice for the better way to do it is to get a FP for about 9:30 for FoP. Rope drop FoP, walk on Navi, and then use FP for FoP again. This way you get 2 rides on FoP, get to do Navi and be done with it forever, and out of Pandora by 10:15. Once you do FoP once, you will want to do it again.

I plan on getting two FP for FoP on two different days. Our last day of the trip we plan to start there, then hop to another park. It’s possible I won’t get a FP for the first day so I planned a second!

We tried to do the same plan. I could not find a way to stay to the left to avoid FOP rope droppers so we were stuck in the crowd, but stayed left. BUT.... Navi was down that morning for a bit so we ended up on FOP. Maybe 30 minutes total until we were done with FOP and then did stand by for Navi. Messed up our plans a bit, but we got them both in plus got to do FOP twice since we had a FP+ for later in the afternoon.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter