RD Timing for Animal Kingdom

DanielNYC

The wand always chooses the wizard!
This is for a trip in late August with morning EMH (arriving at 7:00AM for 8:00AM park open). Since I didn't get the coveted FP for FoP, my plan was to rope drop FoP then immediately head over to the Safari ride (which I also don't have FP for). I also have a 9-10 FP for EE. So the question is do you think I'll be able to squeeze in both FoP AND the safari ride before my 9-10 FP for EE expires? Never set foot in AK before, but looking at the map it does look like there's a good amount of walking involved. FYI, we're not opposed to walking quickly to make this all work. I just want to have a sense if it's doable.

This is for a trip in late August with morning EMH (arriving at 7:00AM for 8:00AM park open). Since I didn't get the coveted FP for FoP, my plan was to rope drop FoP then immediately head over to the Safari ride (which I also don't have FP for). I also have a 9-10 FP for EE. So the question is

1. do you think I'll be able to squeeze in both FoP AND the safari ride before my 9-10 FP for EE expires? Never set foot in AK before, but
2. looking at the map it does look like there's a good amount of walking involved.

1. Yes.
2. Yes. It is the largest (in area) of all 4 theme parks.

Just head straight to FOP at RD. We did that last week and had about a 20 min wait. You should be able to fit that and Safari in with no problem before your FP for EE expires.

I rope dropped AK twice his week. Both were regular park openings. First day I got there at 6:30 and was the first one at bag check for like 10 minutes. The second day I got there 6:50 and was like the 20th family there. Both times I was able to be first at the tapstiles on the left hand side of the park. Were were let in at 7:15 and speed walked to the bridge to Pandora. They stopped us there until about 7:30 and then walked us over to the FoP line. We were on an off the ride and walked on to NRJ and finished both before official park opening time of 8am. you could easily walk to Africa to do Safari and then get over to EE before 10am. You won't even need the fastpass though because it is only like a 5-10 minute wait until about 9:15. We rode FoP, NRJ twice then did EE twice and then down to Primeval Whirl and then met the rest of my family at Safari at 9:40. If you set your fastpasses for afternoon during the hot hours it is much more beneficial. We had fastpasses for safari at 9:15-10:15, FoP for 12:50-1:50 and then KRR at 2:30-3:30. We picked up a Dinosaur and EE after that. As long as you are early enough the day goes really easy and stress free.

I rope dropped AK twice his week. Both were regular park openings. First day I got there at 6:30 and was the first one at bag check for like 10 minutes. The second day I got there 6:50 and was like the 20th family there. Both times I was able to be first at the tapstiles on the left hand side of the park. Were were let in at 7:15 and speed walked to the bridge to Pandora. They stopped us there until about 7:30 and then walked us over to the FoP line. We were on an off the ride and walked on to NRJ and finished both before official park opening time of 8am. you could easily walk to Africa to do Safari and then get over to EE before 10am. You won't even need the fastpass though because it is only like a 5-10 minute wait until about 9:15. We rode FoP, NRJ twice then did EE twice and then down to Primeval Whirl and then met the rest of my family at Safari at 9:40. If you set your fastpasses for afternoon during the hot hours it is much more beneficial. We had fastpasses for safari at 9:15-10:15, FoP for 12:50-1:50 and then KRR at 2:30-3:30. We picked up a Dinosaur and EE after that. As long as you are early enough the day goes really easy and stress free.
Thanks for the detailed reply. Good stuff!

This is great information!! Thanks so much for sharing!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!