Reach Out And Find Your Happily Ever After! Our Engagement Trip! *updated 1/14* - New TR Link!

After a rough day yesterday I was feeling a bit ropey
Oooohhhh… another new expression for me.
They sent me photos to satisfy my FOMO
or was it a cruel trick?
Unfortunately by the time they got back to the room Jamie wasn’t feeling great again.
I think he over-ate :laughing:
Revenge is a dish best served at Garden Grill.
This was so funny, Fran was so excited to meet him, and when we left she just started crying hahaha :laughing:
Awww!
We met Rob at the exit of Star Tours, and he told us that,
“They showed a picture of me on the screen at the beginning!”
HE WAS THE REBEL SPY!
I couldn’t believe it.
You have got to be kidding. :sad2:
This is the gif that Jamie sent :laughing:
:laughing:
giphy.gif
Don't cry. you didn't get saddled with Peter Pilot, the King of indecision.
I really thought I was going to be able to take advantage of Jamie’s weak and fragile state, BUT ALAS.
He still beat me.
Perhaps poke him in the eye?
The entire place looks like it’s been put together by a kid, and that you’ve been shrunk down to the size of a toy.
It’s so cool!
::yes::
As we were walking around the Green Army Men came marching past us!
I let out a little excited noise, and one of them said to me,
“No screaming please ma’am, there’s plenty of army men to go around.”
:lmao:
That's great!
So sadly he decided to go back home.
Sorry to hear he wasn't feeling well.
Rob, Fran and I went to use our fastpasses for Rock n Roller Coaster…
However, I took the chicken exit!
Imagine!
I'm sorry... what???
I was feeling completely fine, but I just didn’t want to risk it.
Ohhhh… Okay. You're excused.
We chilled out and watched John Tucker Must Die on TV :thumbsup2
What is this? Never heard of it.
At 7:30pm we headed out to a reservation that I was SO glad we were all feeling better for…
The HOOP-DEE-DOO MUSICAL REVIEW!
I finally saw it! And it was so much fun!
The two other times we’ve done this Jamie and I were front right, then front left, and now front centre!
I don’t know why this happens?!?
I've heard it's based on how early you make the ADR.
At the part where Claire does the hokey pokey and kicks her leg up really high, Johnny shook his finger at Jamie, and when he turned away, Claire flashed him again :laughing:

Just got all caught up! I'm so sorry you were feeling under the weather - hoping you continued to feel better ::yes:: . Looking forward to more!

Just got caught up! We were supposed to leave for Disney in 5 days >:( So, getting my Disney fix reading some TR's. So sorry for the sick spell! But it seems you've soldiered on the best you can. Hope Day 6 has you all feeling 100%!

So sorry about the food poisoning! That’s the worst! Glad you were all able to rally for Hoop though, that’s such a fun show! Looking forward to reading another installment!

This meal looked and tasted really good that night…
But our opinion of this restaurant may have changed by the next morning…
(If you read my intro post on this report you might know why :sad2:)

Uh oh...this sounds ominous...

So instead, we walked over to Abracadabar on the Boardwalk, but they wouldn’t serve us without our passports as ID!!

This has happened to folks in my crew as well, being from Canada. Silliness!

Goodnight, and pray that we sleep well…
(Spoiler alert, we didn’t :sad:)

:( :(

The only thing that we could attribute it to was the spinach in our meals last night??
Fran and Jamie ate all of theirs; which was a fair amount…
I had a smaller amount on my plate, which I ate about half of.
And Rob left all of his spinach…
Spinach just isn’t something I would’ve ever worried about?!
Like meats and fish and eggs maybe, but not spinach.

So strange! I mean I've heard of food poisoning from greens before, but I would always be worried about meat and eggs and whatnot as well.

I told the man at the front desk, and I swear to God, literally all he said was,
“Oh, I’m sorry to hear that.”

Excuse me? Rude.

I was just so upset about it and he was really sympathetic, and he really tried to help as best he could.

I'm so glad he took you seriously and gave you the kind of service you'd expect from Disney!

Crush asked if anyone had a question for him, and he picked a little girl who was sat up front.
He was like, “what’s your question?”
And the little girl just went,
“…………CUPCAKE”.

I love this! Same, little girl, same.

Then we had a look at some Festival Booths (I love the Thomas Kinkade one!)

Oooh I love Thomas Kinkade. I have a Thomas Kinkade Disney colouring book and have broken it out a couple of times while we've been spending so much time at home social distancing during the pandemic.

We all had such a giggle watching this, everyone was definitely on the mend!

Yay! Glad to hear that it sounds like things were finally looking up!

YOU'RE ENGAGED!!! CONGRATS!! I'm so excited for you!! I'm loving the report so far. I'm so sorry you guys got food poisoning, that sounds so awful, but I bet you more than made up for it when you all started feeling better.

UGH I MISS THE HOOP DEE DOO. I could go for some fried chicken and all you can drink sangria at the moment...

I hope you guys are doing well over there. I can't wait to read more, it's giving me a bit of an escape from reality at the moment. :lovestruc

Hi Katie!!! :goodvibes

I have recently come back on the DIS to do some TR reading! I saw you started this one and I had to catch up right away!

First, CONGRATULATIONS on your engagement with Jamie! That is so exciting, and I can't wait to read about it.

I am really sorry most of you were feeling sick, it seems like you all made the best of it though.

I am looking forward to reading the rest of this TR!!!

Oooohhhh… another new expression for me.

Haha, I need a proof-reader to make sure everyone knows what the heck I'm talking about :rotfl: do you know the word 'mardy'? That's a word directly from our area, that no one seemed to know before it was in an Arctic Monkeys song title :thumbsup2

or was it a cruel trick?

They're lucky I was in a good mood.... :snooty:

You have got to be kidding. :sad2:

How does one accomplish this seemingly impossible task so easily!!!! Neither me nor Jamie have EVER been the rebel spy :sad2:

Perhaps poke him in the eye?

Hahaha :rotfl:noted for next time! :thumbsup2

I'm sorry... what???

I am truly ashamed of myself for taking the chicken exit. Am I exiled from the Dis?

giphy.gif

What is this? Never heard of it.

It's a silly rom-com film, but it's actually quite funny!

I finally saw it! And it was so much fun!

Oh thank goodness! So glad you liked it! Just thinking about the food is making me hungry.

I've heard it's based on how early you make the ADR.

This would maybe make sense... I am a very eager Disney planner :rotfl:

Just got all caught up! I'm so sorry you were feeling under the weather - hoping you continued to feel better ::yes:: . Looking forward to more!

Thank you! Yes everything really picked up from this point onwards, I'm so glad it didn't wipe out the entire trip! Thanks for reading :goodvibes

Just got caught up! We were supposed to leave for Disney in 5 days >:( So, getting my Disney fix reading some TR's. So sorry for the sick spell! But it seems you've soldiered on the best you can. Hope Day 6 has you all feeling 100%!

I'm so sorry your trip has been cancelled, have you managed to reschedule it? Thank you yes, luckily we were much better from this point on! It would've been so bad if it had ruined the entire trip, I wonder if you can claim on insurance for that king of thing :confused3 anyway, I'm glad it didn't come to that!

So sorry about the food poisoning! That’s the worst! Glad you were all able to rally for Hoop though, that’s such a fun show! Looking forward to reading another installment!

Hoop was definitely worth rallying for!! I was worried about us not enjoying the fantastic food, but we were all feeling much better so it felt like comfort food :goodvibes Thanks for reading! :flower1:

Uh oh...this sounds ominous...

Correct :sad2:

This has happened to folks in my crew as well, being from Canada. Silliness!

Really! It's annoying because you can't even use a British driver's license as ID there so you have to take your passport out if you want to drink.. and if we lose a passport we're screwed!

So strange! I mean I've heard of food poisoning from greens before, but I would always be worried about meat and eggs and whatnot as well.

I know that's what we thought too! Before this happened I never would have been worried about getting sick from greens :confused3

I'm so glad he took you seriously and gave you the kind of service you'd expect from Disney!

Exactly, my faith in Disney was quickly restored! :lovestruc

I love this! Same, little girl, same.

Hahaha RELATABLE.

Oooh I love Thomas Kinkade. I have a Thomas Kinkade Disney colouring book and have broken it out a couple of times while we've been spending so much time at home social distancing during the pandemic.

That sounds fantastic I want one!!

Yay! Glad to hear that it sounds like things were finally looking up!

Thank you! And thanks for reading

YOU'RE ENGAGED!!! CONGRATS!! I'm so excited for you!! I'm loving the report so far. I'm so sorry you guys got food poisoning, that sounds so awful, but I bet you more than made up for it when you all started feeling better.

UGH I MISS THE HOOP DEE DOO. I could go for some fried chicken and all you can drink sangria at the moment...

I hope you guys are doing well over there. I can't wait to read more, it's giving me a bit of an escape from reality at the moment. :lovestruc

Yaaaay thank you!! I've joined the 'engaged at Disney' club! :thumbsup2 oh my gosh thinking about fried chicken and sangria just gave me major cravings! We're doing well thank you, we're on lockdown so just working from home, which both of us can do easily thank goodness! How is the situation where you are? :hug:

I love reading your reports, and I am so excited for you! Congrats on your Disney engagement.

Ahh thank you so much! And thanks for reading! :hug:

Hi Katie!!! :goodvibes

I have recently come back on the DIS to do some TR reading! I saw you started this one and I had to catch up right away!

First, CONGRATULATIONS on your engagement with Jamie! That is so exciting, and I can't wait to read about it.

I am really sorry most of you were feeling sick, it seems like you all made the best of it though.

I am looking forward to reading the rest of this TR!!!

YAY Alison!! It's so good to see you! :hug: So glad you're back. Thank you so much, I can't wait to tell you about it! :goodvibes

Day 6
Saturday 9th February 2019
Part 1 – 1900 Park Fare

Good morning!
The boys spent the morning watching football at the hotel, but Fran and I could not be late for our very important date…
We were going for breakfast at 1900 Park Fare with Alice, Mary Poppins, and Pooh and the gang!

Our reservation was at 10:15am, so we decided to go to Magic Kingdom first to ride Splash Mountain!
Because when you’re going to a super fancy hotel for breakfast, getting soaked on a water ride is the logical thing to do. :confused3
This was actually Fran's idea, even though she isn't a fan of the plummet.
But she knows how much I love it so she was like, "we MUST go early and ride Splash Mountain first, we've only done it once!"
What a great friend she is :laughing::hug:

DAPPER DANS.

I love empty park photos, so here’s some for your enjoyment :goodvibes
This was like 9:20am… It was a ghost town for a Saturday morning!

49777715088_202214d55e_b.jpg

49778246706_0661cd6f83_b.jpg

49777715008_38cf18357e_b.jpg

49778573517_67379fde47_b.jpg

Wooo Splash!
We walked straight on!

49778577892_85a4c53f09_b.jpg

49778577862_a49b20af48_b.jpg

49778577767_bbb59cd3fa_b.jpg

49778577687_7362f00991_b.jpg

For reasons that are unknown, we asked for the front row :laughing:
My hair didn’t thank me for that decision when I walked into the Grand Floridian all frizzy :rotfl:

49777714598_81ea510e2a_b.jpg

The water was high today, and Fran got SOAKED really early on in the ride.
This picture below wasn’t even from the main drop, it was from when you’re to the side of the main drop, and other logs come down and splash you :scared1:

49777714518_e0bd76eaec_b.jpg

49777714413_3309e116fb_b.jpg

At the big drop, we just tried really hard not to get our hair wet.
We were unsuccessful.

49777715453_7408cd1bb6_c.jpg

49778578277_86bfaccf5f_b.jpg

:rotfl:
After the ride I took a photo to show Fran how wet she was.
Her whole back was soaked through, that darker grey is NOT the colour of her tshirt…!

49777710488_8685a65cde_c.jpg

giphy.gif

Splash Mountain is the BEST.
We exited the ride at around 9:40am and made our way out of the park.

49778577242_9d58bb9331_b.jpg

When we got to Town Square we spotted Mary Poppins!
MARY you’d better get to the Grand Floridian ASAP, we have a breakfast date with you!
I said this to Fran and she replied, super deadpan,
“Mary Poppins’ umbrella is the fastest mode of transport.”

:rotfl:
Yes, yes it is.

49777714183_d1ddba4906_b.jpg

See you there, Mary!

giphy.gif

Goodbye Magic Kingdom!

49777713988_1d33ea52e1_b.jpg

We got the resort monorail around to the Grand Floridian, and when we entered the building we were greeted by Princess Aurora!
How magical!

49778576867_0b15249884_b.jpg

49777713828_7d4ca5ecbb_b.jpg

After a quick look around we went to check in for breakfast at 1900 Park Fare!

49778245431_3b51defc41_b.jpg

:lovestruc

I was really excited about this, because this breakfast was our family tradition when I used to come to Disney as a kid.
On the last day of our trip we would always come to the Grand Floridian to get breakfast at 1900 Park Fare!
I'd been back here for dinner with Jamie in 2015, but this was my first having breakfast here since coming with my family :goodvibes

We were quickly seated, and we met Pooh right away!

49777710228_77d675968e_c.jpg

Oww he’s so cute.
I think he had some honey stuck to his hand :love:

We befriended the couple next to us, who were a really lovely older couple from North Carolina.
We talked to them loads during breakfast and we took pictures for each other.
Mary made it here from the Magic Kingdom on time, yay!

49777713678_ed1b6f2625_c.jpg

Ahh I love her.
Once Mary had left, our new friends asked us (as Brits) how her accent was :laughing:
We said that we’ll accept it, even thought it was a bit muddled.
It seemed like she had been nannying here in the USA for a bit too long :thumbsup2

Then we went up to the buffet!
Here are our first plates.
We also had juice and coffee .

49778245271_9b822ed6ed_b.jpg

Oh my goodness, the breakfast food here was SO tasty.
Yum and wow, I didn’t really expect that.
Once we’d finished these plates, we went back up for more!

I was browsing the selection with a biscuit with sausage gravy on my plate so far, when Fran just appeared to the side of me with a spoon and said
“CHOCOLATE CHIPS”
and plonked them all down on my plate :rotfl2:
Mmm chocolate chips and sausage gravy – a new delicacy!
I thought I may as well mix the plate up completely, so I also added some fruit too :laughing:
Here are those second plates!

49778245136_a20a8c05ea_b.jpg

While we were eating we got a message from the boys…
We often call Rob, (i.e Robert) – BERT.

49777710033_a2ee0d192b_c.jpg

(EXCITED CAPS LOCK: ACTIVATED)

Pooh came back around again!
So we got another photo.

49778576342_0238a7ea94_b.jpg

Then came the Mad Hatter, and he was our favourite.
His voice was absolutely perfect!

49778244891_d69be514dd_b.jpg

He told us that we are both a cup, but NEVER a saucer.
I have no idea what that means, but Fran and I live by those words now.
Don’t let anyone treat you like you’re a saucer. You are a cup.
:confused3:laughing:

200.webp

49777713028_72a54998b2_b.jpg

"THIS IS THE GREATEST DAY OF MY LIFE" :rotfl:

Then we met Alice, who was adorable and tiny and just down-right precious.

49778576087_79008c3191_b.jpg

And this also happened :laughing:

We got one final plate of waffles, which we stuffed into the Ziploc bags we’d got at Splash Mountain earlier :laughing:
I don’t know if there’s a rule about that sort of thing.
We just wanted to take a waffle back for the boys :lovestruc

Anyway!
We loved our tasty breakfast, and our fun character interactions!
As we were leaving the restaurant we walked past the Mad Hatter who was with a table full of kids, and he just shot up after us shouting, “BYE GIRLS” at us :rotfl:

GAH we loved him :love:

Click for next post!

Last edited:
Day 6
Part 2 – Magic Kingdom

We left the restaurant and had a walk around the Grand Floridian.
Oooh we felt so fancy.
We went into Basin, and I washed my hands with the pink sugar scrub, it was lovely.

49778573547_ff590321b5_c.jpg

WEDDING :rolleyes2 :ssst: :rolleyes1 :scratchin

49778244646_32ccb52b47_b.jpg

We got the monorail to Magic Kingdom, which is where we were meeting the boys soon.
We told them we were coming to MK…
MORE EXCITED CAPS LOCK.

49777709988_94af36fcd6_c.jpg

Our group chat was so chaotic and excitable this whole trip, reading it back really makes me laugh :laughing:

We arrived at the Magic Kingdom at around midday.
It was much nicer weather today, it was nice and cool and breezy after the previous days had been so hot.

We saw the Trolley Show right when we entered!
The horse-drawn carriage was no where to be seen though, it was this little blue car today!

49778244576_df7893cb91_b.jpg

I love this!
With all the cuts to live entertainment, I pray they never get rid of it.

We wandered around the art shop on Main Street.

49777712778_139713dd2f_c.jpg

I would love to own these two pieces one day.

49777710178_d55f1ac537_c.jpg

49778244456_c8a62d6317_c.jpg

Then we saw the commotion of Move It, Shake It, MOUSEKEDANCE it.
MOUSEKEDANCE.

::yes::
They’ve really cycled through these in the last few years huh.
I remember Move It Shake It Celebrate It (HOW GREAT was this, with Pumpin’ Up The Party from Hannah Montana :woohoo:)
And Move It Shake It Dance and Play It (I didn’t care about that one).
Now we’re on MOUSEKEDANCE IT.
I get that this word comes from merging Mouseketeer and dance, I just can’t say it seriously. :laughing:
Anyway, Mickey was celebrating in his birthday suit :rolleyes2 so we joined the party.

49778575792_41a04034f6_b.jpg

49778244336_7662c57c5a_b.jpg

Then we went in the glass shop, and we had a look in Pandora.
We were just wandering in and out of places really, we were just talking rubbish and not paying attention :laughing:

49778244271_28c407d0b6_b.jpg

49777712398_cc2fb65652_b.jpg

The boys were running late so they weren’t going to make it in time for our Peter Pan fastpass :sad2:
So Fran and I went on it without them.
It was a lot smoother than I remembered!
Or maybe this was compared to our recent visits to Disneyland Paris.

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

After the ride we had a look in Bonjour Village Gifts…
Imagine hosting a dinner party using this entire range.
IMAGINE :lovestruc

49777712353_ef044cbd0e_b.jpg

I can't get over it, I think about it all the time.

We almost rode the Carousel, but just as we were about to join the line the boys messaged us to say they were here!
Yay!
We met them at the Seven Dwarfs Mine Train, which was our next fastpass!

49778243996_719ddff4e8_b.jpg

The four of us were seated right in the back.

49778246976_07c9ae8c84_b.jpg

49778247306_b7d5d6c872_c.jpg

YAY.

The loooong morning of sitting around, watching football and riding the Mine Train had lead Jamie and Rob to develop quite the appetite! :laughing:
Sadly the completely squashed waffles in our bags didn't quite cut it, so we went to Columbia Harbour House where they both got the chicken and fish :lovestruc
Then we used our fastpass at Haunted Mansion!

49777712098_c01e6e51de_b.jpg

49778575097_c9c42087ea_b.jpg

On the ride there was a guy a couple of cars behind us who was filming with his flash on THE WHOLE TIME :furious:
IN THE HAUNTED MANSION.
The darkest of dark rides with some of the greatest special effects in the parks.
I sat in a huff in my doom buggy :snooty:
I really need some assertiveness training or something.
Thankfully when we got to the Madame Leota room, some guy shouted,
“Turn the flash off!”
Not all heroes wear capes.
:worship:
The jerk yelled back “whatever”, but he did turn it off and keep it off for the rest of the ride, thankfully.

After the ride we wandered around a bit, then we left the Magic Kingdom to head to Disney Springs!

49778574992_db8da39f7d_b.jpg

49777711858_815352e770_b.jpg

49777710128_912164c909_b.jpg

Click for next post!

Last edited:
We were going for breakfast at 1900 Park Fare with Alice, Mary Poppins, and Pooh and the gang!
Oh my goodness, the breakfast food here was SO tasty.
Yum and wow, I didn’t really expect that.
This is my FAVORITE breakfast buffet on property.. SO YUMMY!! Have you ever tried the strawberry soup?

We went into Basin, and I washed my hands with the pink sugar scrub, it was lovely
I'm so happy there are one of these stores at the grand!

Do you guys always converse in all caps? or was it just the excitement of the vacation? :rotfl2:

Day 6
Part 3 – Disney Springs and ‘Ohana

We walked along to the Contemporary to get the bus to Disney Spings!
What’s the deal with those buses not running from the Magic Kingdom until after 4pm? :confused3
We were all being really silly on the walk over, I think we were all finally feeling better!
We were playing games like ’name as many animals beginning with G as possible’ :laughing:
I don't know how far we got, but I do know that when we did a round of 'animals beginning with R', someone said "RINGWORM", so I assume we didn't do very well :rotfl:

At Disney Springs we looked around a bunch of stores, including Anthropologie, UniQlo and the Lego Store.

49778574757_d23e02e5c4_b.jpg

49778243516_fefcfdc2ff_b.jpg

Then we went into World of Disney, which was looking fantastic!
I love this revamp it’s had recently!

49778243441_5cc48569a3_b.jpg

These t-shirts are so good.

49778243351_87db35f003_b.jpg

49778243286_82fd5e3990_b.jpg

I spotted a bunch of stuff that I definitely wanted to buy later in the trip so I took some photos to remember!
Including this Dole Whip sippy cup:

49778243226_4b3de1db6b_c.jpg

And these Country Bear Jamboree socks!
Aren't these the most brilliant socks you've ever seen.

49777711383_a82b4a6cae_c.jpg

I also thought this Toy Story shirt was really cute, but I didn’t see it again this trip.

49777710078_826154ed69_b.jpg

We also wanted these.

Fran had put all of this stuff in her basket to buy, but the lines were really long, so we just decided to take a photo and vowed to come back and get it all another time.

49778574422_cba7e72c26_c.jpg

Next we went into Art of Disney!

49778574347_17d6e16e6b_b.jpg

49778242911_0928f117df_b.jpg

Rob got this PERFECT gift for his sister and baby niece!
They picked the picture of Ray out from the pile, and asked the artist to write ‘Evangeline’ on it, because that’s the name of Rob’s baby niece!
How precious is this!

49777711183_b4a2f7637a_b.jpg

tumblr_lrshgkAkCI1qm6oc3o1_500.gif

We also went into the Marketplace Co-op and I bought a postcard version of this picture below for only like $5!

49778574252_7b09624161_c.jpg

I love it, it reminds me of Jamie and I :lovestruc
I have it in a little frame in my living room.

Then we went on an adventure to find Tommy Bahama to get a mango candle for Rob’s parents.

49778574172_4a4f266099_b.jpg

49778574112_a642b8c4aa_b.jpg

When we were done at Disney Springs we got the bus back to the Beach Club.
We got changed and freshened up, then got an Uber to the Polynesian for dinner at ‘Ohana!
We arrived at the Polynesian while Happily Ever After was on, so we stopped to watch that out the back of the lobby for a bit :cloud9:

49777710903_be725c67a8_b.jpg

Time to check in!

49778573957_6debd2a4cb_b.jpg

"Make yourself comfortable."

49778573882_283ac912b4_b.jpg

We didn’t wait long to be seated, which is unusual for ‘Ohana!
Our food also came out really quickly, even faster than our drinks!
This photo makes me hungry.

49778242476_1dbb61ea04_b.jpg

I ordered a Dragon Ice Tea, Fran got a Mai Tai, and the boys both got something called a Backscratcher, which came with an actual backscratcher :laughing:

49778573732_49d7139ac4_b.jpg

The bread pudding is always the highlight of this meal for me, oh my goodness it’s SO good.
I’d love to learn how to make it at home some day.

49778573692_8094a884cd_b.jpg

giphy.gif

YUM AND WOW.
What a delicious meal.

Once we were done we got the monorail back to Magic Kingdom, then got the bus to the Beach Club.
The boys were fighting with their backscratchers :sad2: but when Fran and I told them off they started ‘holding hands’ with them (since they look like weird little wooden hands).

We were all so happy to be feeling healthy again!

Goodnight!

Click for Next Post!

Last edited:
How fun to go ride Splash before your character breakfast! :thumbsup2

1900 Park Fare breakfast looks adorable! It's definitley on my list of experiences to try. ALl of the photos were adorable and the character interactions sounded great.:goodvibes

Ohana looked delicious! Another ADR on my list to do one day. ::yes::

That's great to hear you all were feeling better this day. It sounded like your whole day was great, MK, character breakfast, Disney Springs, and Ohana - sounds like heaven to me!

As always, looking forward to reading more! :goodvibes

Haha, I need a proof-reader to make sure everyone knows what the heck I'm talking about :rotfl: do you know the word 'mardy'? That's a word directly from our area, that no one seemed to know before it was in an Arctic Monkeys song title :thumbsup2
No. I have never heard of Arctic Monkeys.
And by association, I've never heard of "mardy" either? Except in French, when it means "Tuesday".
They're lucky I was in a good mood.... :snooty:
phew! :scared:
How does one accomplish this seemingly impossible task so easily!!!! Neither me nor Jamie have EVER been the rebel spy :sad2:
I don't know! I've been on that ride with like... 4 people. Still not the rebel spy!
I am truly ashamed of myself for taking the chicken exit. Am I exiled from the Dis?
Yes. But you can finish the TR first.

Good morning!
omg! How did you know I was reading this in the morning?!?!?
And strawberry soup!
(Which I then learned you didn't eat??????)
we decided to go to Magic Kingdom first to ride Splash Mountain!
Because when you’re going to a super fancy hotel for breakfast, getting soaked on a water ride is the logical thing to do. :confused3
:laughing: But of course!
This was actually Fran's idea, even though she isn't a fan of the plummet.
This makes more and more sense as I read along.
I love empty park photos, so here’s some for your enjoyment :goodvibes
This was like 9:20am… It was a ghost town for a Saturday morning!
Love an empty park! :)
For reasons that are unknown, we asked for the front row
Yep! More and more sense.
"After the ride, we asked if we could dive into the river. We did!"
My hair didn’t thank me for that decision when I walked into the Grand Floridian all frizzy :rotfl:
This picture below wasn’t even from the main drop, it was from when you’re to the side of the main drop, and other logs come down and splash you :scared1:
:laughing: That's a dangerous spot. I always sit there urging my log to hurry up!
Um...
There's a light coming from her... um... er...

How about I just say she's positively glowing!!!
MARY you’d better get to the Grand Floridian ASAP, we have a breakfast date with you!
Well... you're not there!
I said this to Fran and she replied super deadpan,
“Mary Poppins’ umbrella is the fastest mode of transport.”
:laughing: Perfect! (As is Mary.)
We were quickly seated, and we met Pooh right away.
And after you eat, you'll probably need to meet Pooh again.
think he had some honey stuck to his hand :love:
Awwww...
Mary made it here on time, yay!
::yes:: Umbrella.
It seemed like she had been nannying here in the USA for a bit too long :thumbsup2
She's multi-national.
Is that eggs benedict I see???? :love:
Fran just appeared to the side of me with a spoon and said
“CHOCOLATE CHIPS”
and plonked them all down on my plate :rotfl2:
He told us that we are both a cup, but NEVER a saucer.
I have no idea what that means, but Fran and I live by those words now.
::yes:: Wiser words were never spoken
We got one final plate of waffles, which we stuffed into the Ziploc bags we’d got at Splash Mountain earlier :laughing:
I don’t know if there’s a rule about that sort of thing.
We just wanted to take a waffle back for the boys :lovestruc
There's a rule against that, but... somehow I don't think Disney is going to care too much if you grab a couple spare waffles.
As we were leaving the restaurant we walked past the Mad Hatter who was with a table full of kids, and he just shot up after us shouting, “BYE GIRLS” at us :rotfl:
GAH we loved him :love:
:goodvibes
Did you crash it? Why didn't you crash it????
Our group chat was so chaotic and excitable this whole trip, reading it back really makes me laugh :laughing:
:laughing: That's pretty apparent!
We saw the Trolley Show right when we entered!
The horse-drawn carriage was no where to be seen though, it was this little blue car today!
I’ve never seen it done like that before.
Huh. I'm not sure if I've seen them without their trolley either.
I would love to own these two pieces one day.
Nice choices. I like those.
Then we saw the commotion of Move It, Shake It, MOUSEKEDANCE it.
Ugh... "As pkondz hurries in the opposite direction".
Anyway, Mickey was celebrating in his birthday suit :rolleyes2 so we joined the party.
In your birthday suits? My, aren't we daring!
(As they get arrested and bustled out of the parks and off to jail.)
Then we went in the glass shop, and we had a look in Pandora.
We were just wandering in and out of places really, we were just talking rubbish and not paying attention :laughing:
"and I walked smack into a display case, destroying thousands of dollars of glassware."
The boys were running late so they weren’t going to make it in time for our Peter Pan fastpass :sad2:
:eek:
After the ride we had a look in Bonjour Village Gifts…
Where is that? Don't think I'm familiar with that one... which is saying something!
On the ride there was a guy a couple of cars behind us who was filming with his flash on THE WHOLE TIME :furious:
IN THE HAUNTED MANSION.
:sad2:
Idiot.
Thankfully when we got to the Madame Leota room, some guy shouted,
“Turn the flash off!”
Good. I would have done the same.
The jerk yelled back “whatever”, but he did turn it off and keep it off for the rest of the ride, thankfully.
What a... hole.
What’s the deal with those buses not running from the Magic Kingdom until after 4pm? :confused3
Yeah... I guess they want you spending money in the park as opposed to DS?
We were playing games like ’name as many animals beginning with G as possible’ :laughing:
Did you win? I Gnu you would.
:) Like that.
And these Country Bear Jamboree socks!
Aren't these the most brilliant socks you've ever seen.
:laughing: Definitely can see you in those.
We also wanted these.
:laughing: Shortest video ever! But funny!
Fran had put all of this stuff in her basket to buy, but the lines were really long, so we just decided to take a photo and vowed to come back and get it all another time.
So, like virtual shopping.
Next we went into Art of Disney!
Love that store. Never bought anything though.
Awwww...
Then we went on an adventure to find Tommy Bahama to get a mango candle for Rob’s parents.
I can't read that without saying "mango cando" in my head.

What is wrong with me????
We got changed and freshened up, then got an Uber to the Polynesian for dinner at ‘Ohana!
oooohhhh… nice!
We arrived at the Polynesian while Happily Ever After was on, so we stopped to watch that out the back of the lobby for a bit :cloud9:
:goodvibes
This photo makes me hungry.
Me too!
the boys both got something called a Backscratcher, which came with an actual backscratcher :laughing:
:laughing: I like that.
The bread pudding is always the highlight of this meal for me, oh my goodness it’s SO good.
I've never had it... and want it so bad...
I’d love to learn how to make it at home some day.
Sure. Here you go:
Ohana Bread Pudding
The boys were fighting with their backscratchers :sad2: but when Fran and I told them off they started ‘holding hands’ with them

Just joining in now, so I have A LOOOT of catching up to do!! I just wanted to pop in and say congrats on the engagement!!!! My DH proposed to me in MK back in 2017!!! It was SOOO magical!! :love: I can't wait to read about yours!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!