READ POST 1 & 2 FIRST-Rise of the Resistance Boarding Group Planning and Information-*No Spoilers*

Status
Not open for further replies.
So after re-reading the following on the first post...
  • First, make sure you have the My Disney Experience app. Once you enter the park, log in to your account at one of the distribution times (10 a.m., 1 p.m. or 4 p.m.).
  • Once you have logged in, select “Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance Virtual Queue” on the home screen. You will be able to view the current status and next steps for joining the virtual queue.
I have a couple of questions...
1) I know that you need to have entered the park in order to be able to get a BG, but for the later distribution times (1:00 & 4:00), do you have to still be in the park? (I was thinking that maybe we could be out of the park at lunch or on a break and still get BGs as long as we had entered the park earlier that day?)
2) Just to verify, the RoTR screen isnt currently visible on the MDE app, right? (or am I missing something, because I don't see it?)

Thanks!

• First, make sure you have the My Disney Experience app. Once you enter the park, log in to your account at one of the distribution times (10 a.m., 1 p.m. or 4 p.m.).
  • Once you have logged in, select “Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance Virtual Queue” on the home screen. You will be able to view the current status and next steps for joining the virtual queue.
1) I know that you need to have entered the park in order to be able to get a BG, but for the later distribution times (1:00 & 4:00), do you have to still be in the park? (I was thinking that maybe we could be out of the park at lunch or on a break and still get BGs as long as we had entered the park earlier that day?)
2) Just to verify, the RoTR screen isnt currently visible on the MDE app, right? (or am I missing something, because I don't see it?)

Thanks!
The BG park entry is probably A question that will be answered Wednesday.

I have lost all my Star Wars buttons. The home screen one hasn’t been there since park closure. Then when they added the Virtual Queue on the menu page, I was able to access once before it disappeared. Then the Star Wars button disappeared there as well.

If you go to search, you can click Star Wars, click the Star Wars Galaxies Edge option, then Learn More.

Thanks!
1. We won't know until someone reports back saying they did it from outside the park. My guess is that you need to enter the park and after you could book from wherever
2. The button was on mde until Friday and then disappeared. Another wait and see

Is RoTR open today for the preview? If so, how are they handling it as I see there still isn't anything on the MDE App. ?

When is that icon going to appear in MDE? Ugh I am going Wednesday and want to ride it!
Hi Laura, if it’s not there Wednesday, do this:

Go to search, click Star Wars, click the Star Wars Galaxies Edge option, then Learn More, then My Status.

good luck on Wednesday and May the force be with you.

Hi Laura, if it’s not there Wednesday, do this:

Go to search, click Star Wars, click the Star Wars Galaxies Edge option, then Learn More, then My Status.

good luck on Wednesday and May the force be with you.
That worked this morning but I looked again and the learn More is gone

I have a park reservation for tomorrow at DHS and just got the reminder email

Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance...
The virtual queue is back
We're excited you have a reservation to visit Disney's Hollywood Studios®. And whether you're a fan of the Force or just a fan of big fun, we've got some news you should find pretty exciting, too! Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance will once again be using a virtual queue in the My Disney Experience* app.

And if you've joined the Resistance before, you'll want to note a few changes to the process beginning July 15:

• Most importantly––as availability allows––Guests will have an opportunity at 10 a.m., 1 p.m.or4 p.m. torequest to join the virtual queue.This means there is no need to arrive early to the Park to check the virtual queue.
  • If you don't already have it, make sure you download the My Disney Experience app. Then once you enter the Park, log in to your account at one of the distribution times (10 a.m., 1 p.m. or 4 p.m.) and select "Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance Virtual Queue" on the home screen. You will then be able to view the current status and next steps for joining the virtual queue. The app will indicate when there is no availability for a specific distribution time. Some Guests may join backup groups.
  • As long as your My Disney Experience account is linked to Park tickets for you and the others in your group, you can enroll everyone in the virtual queue at the same time. In order to give as many Guests as possible the opportunity to join the Resistance, each Guest can enter the virtual queue no more than once per day.
  • Make sure push notifications are turned ON for My Disney Experience so you'll be alerted if your group is called to return. You'll have up to an hour from the time of the alert to go to the entrance of Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance.
  • Please note that joining the virtual queue does not guarantee the ability to experience Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance.

If you have any questions or need assistance, Cast Members at Guest Experience Team locations throughout the Park are available to assist. And we just can't wait to welcome you back to the magic.​

Will be interesting to see how large the rope drop crowds are tomorrow. Was hoping that with a reservation system in place you wouldn't need to be actually inside the park to secure a RotR reservation.

I'm guessing you'll be updating us @yulilin3. Thank you!!!

I have a park reservation for tomorrow at DHS and just got the reminder email

Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance...
The virtual queue is back
We're excited you have a reservation to visit Disney's Hollywood Studios®. And whether you're a fan of the Force or just a fan of big fun, we've got some news you should find pretty exciting, too! Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance will once again be using a virtual queue in the My Disney Experience* app.

And if you've joined the Resistance before, you'll want to note a few changes to the process beginning July 15:

• Most importantly––as availability allows––Guests will have an opportunity at 10 a.m., 1 p.m.or4 p.m. torequest to join the virtual queue.This means there is no need to arrive early to the Park to check the virtual queue.
  • If you don't already have it, make sure you download the My Disney Experience app. Then once you enter the Park, log in to your account at one of the distribution times (10 a.m., 1 p.m. or 4 p.m.) and select "Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance Virtual Queue" on the home screen. You will then be able to view the current status and next steps for joining the virtual queue. The app will indicate when there is no availability for a specific distribution time. Some Guests may join backup groups.
  • As long as your My Disney Experience account is linked to Park tickets for you and the others in your group, you can enroll everyone in the virtual queue at the same time. In order to give as many Guests as possible the opportunity to join the Resistance, each Guest can enter the virtual queue no more than once per day.
  • Make sure push notifications are turned ON for My Disney Experience so you'll be alerted if your group is called to return. You'll have up to an hour from the time of the alert to go to the entrance of Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance.
  • Please note that joining the virtual queue does not guarantee the ability to experience Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance.

If you have any questions or need assistance, Cast Members at Guest Experience Team locations throughout the Park are available to assist. And we just can't wait to welcome you back to the magic.​
I got this too but my app show's no Star Wars button. Hopefully it will in the morning

Apologies if this has been asked and answered but is kid swap offered for this experience? And is it advisable to add the "shorty" to the BG just to avoid inadvertently de-selecting someone else?

Apologies if this has been asked and answered but is kid swap offered for this experience? And is it advisable to add the "shorty" to the BG just to avoid inadvertently de-selecting someone else?
Yes child swap is available. If you select him and he can't ride you're taking a spot from dinnertime who wants and can ride.
The process is not hard, you can select all and then just deselect him, it takes a second

Yes child swap is available. If you select him and he can't ride you're taking a spot from dinnertime who wants and can ride.
The process is not hard, you can select all and then just deselect him, it takes a second
Just to clarify though, I'm pretty sure I read someone say there is one difference: you DO need to get a BP for all the adults that will ride, unlike traditional rider swap where you only need to book a FP for the "round one" adults, and not the people who will stay behind with the kids and then ride in "round two". So make sure you book BP for everyone in your party other than the child(ren) who won't be riding.

Just to clarify though, I'm pretty sure I read someone say there is one difference: you DO need to get a BP for all the adults that will ride, unlike traditional rider swap where you only need to book a FP for the "round one" adults, and not the people who will stay behind with the kids and then ride in "round two". So make sure you book BP for everyone in your party other than the child(ren) who won't be riding.
Yes, everyone who wants to ride need a bg

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter