READ POST 1 & 2 FIRST-Rise of the Resistance Boarding Group Planning and Information-*No Spoilers*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Heads up, friendship boats begin to operate November 1st for the bw, yc/bc, s/d route. Interestingly it's also going all the way to epcot, no real need for that last stop unless something else is coming
That’s exactly what I was thinking. Park hopping returns? (Our trip begins Nov 13, so I’m selfishly and optimistically hopeful.)

Heads up, friendship boats begin to operate November 1st for the bw, yc/bc, s/d route. Interestingly it's also going all the way to epcot, no real need for that last stop unless something else is coming
What am I missing? Doesn't it always stop at EPCOT?

Is it confirmed that the Friendship boats are still going to Swan/Dolphin? I know some have questioned this since Disney buses are no longer servicing those resorts.

Ok, still confused - maybe I am just not remember the boat route correctly - but don't people from the resorts still use the boats to get from the resorts to EPCOT? Or is that boat in the reverse order and considered a separate route?
There are usually 2 boats on the lake, one going from dhs to epcot and the other the other way around. Let's say you are at boardwalk, why would that route start at epcot ro go rop dhs when there's no hopping? Why not start the route bw, bc/yc, s/d and dhs? Same there other way around, why not start at s/d instead of starting at dhs to epcot?
I mean maybe they will do it this way, from what I've heard it's ther full route, it's not a huge deal at all

There are usually 2 boats on the lake, one going from dhs to epcot and the other the other way around. Let's say you are at boardwalk, why would that route start at epcot ro go rop dhs when there's no hopping? Why not start the route bw, bc/yc, s/d and dhs? Same there other way around, why not start at s/d instead of starting at dhs to epcot?
i understand what @BK2014 is saying and it is valid. While a guest visiting DHS may have no reason to travel from DHS to Epcot if there is no park hopping, the boat travelling from DHS to Epcot still stops at the 3 resort stops (S/D, Beach and Yacht, Boardwalk) allowing guests from those 3 resorts to board the boat and take it to Epcot. While those resorts are fairly close to Epcot, not all guests will want to walk to Epcot from those resorts if taking the boat is an option.

When we visited Disney with my parents who at the time were in their upper 70’s, we chose to take the Friendship boat from B/Y to Epcot to give them a rest, enjoy a ride on the water and save them a few extra steps.

Yes, many will walk, but not all.

Hello! We are coming in the beginning of December, have 2 HS days to try to ride ROTR twice🤞....This attraction is our main priority. We have not been on it yet. DH and I just tried practicing for the 2pm boarding group from home. Is the consensus to already be in the app before 10 and 2? Then click Join? DH was able to get the button to work and I was not. TIA!

Yes if you have been actively using the app. Close and reopen about 5 minutes before 10 AM or 2 PM and be ready to just click through the Join buttons. Don't stop to pick any from your Friends & Family just keep going.

Dave
Thank you!!

BG 18 today. Obtained from inside the cockpit of the Millennium Falcon (living WAY too dangerously this morning). :scared1:

Coincidentally, I had a little trouble finding my seat belt at 9:59 am. 😉

ETA: It could have been worse... I could have been trying to get a BG while riding Slinky Dog roller coaster as some here have reported.

Last edited:
Hi all these tips have been great and I’ve been practicing at home. My problem seems to be a delay in loading my party. The last few times I’ve been trying method 3 using my second hand but it takes several seconds to get to the screen for my party and then the passes are gone! Does anyone have any thoughts on this?

I'm getting reports of folks at DHS today not able to get BG exactly at 10am. Anybody successful this morning?

I'm getting reports of folks at DHS today not able to get BG exactly at 10am. Anybody successful this morning?

When you say not being able to get a BG exactly at 10am do you mean the join button wasn't active at 10am or it was active and they just couldn't get a BG in time? I got through just fine at home at 10am. Although I did notice a lag before the screen where it lists everyone scanned into the park and you hit join the final time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!