Ready or Not - Here It Comes!

Sarangel

<font color=red><font color=navy>Rumor has it ...<
Undeterred by DCA's less than fantastic numbers, Disney will seek approval from the City of Anaheim Planning Commission to start the application process for a third theme park in the city. They start the application process Monday (May 7, 2001) for a new park that would join its 55-acre California Adventure and the flagship 75-acre Disneyland.

Officials with Disney last year said they were considering a combination of ideas for the new park, including a theme park and water park based on popular rides and parks elsewhere. "I don't think we're in a position today to discuss what creative ideas we're looking at,'' Disney spokesman Ray Gomez told The Orange County Register in Thursday's newspaper.

A draft environmental study on the third theme park is expected next month and public hearings on its merits and environmental impacts will be held later. "Basically, it's the first step,'' said Linda Johnson, an Anaheim senior planner.

The 78-acre park could include up to 3,350 hotel rooms, as well as retail, dining and entertainment, parking and transportation facilities. But it is not clear when a third theme park would open. Disney officials said last year that its first phase could open in 2003 and the entire park would be completed by 2010.
-------------------------------------
Source: Associated Press

The 78-acre park could include up to 3,350 hotel rooms, as well as retail, dining and entertainment, parking and transportation facilities.
Not to be overly sarcastic, but will the new park include anything resmbling attractions??!!

Attractions? What are you thinking? Those don't generate revenue, they consume it. We want none of that!

Actually, the rumor around the parks this weekend was that they're planning on turning it into a parking lot first - look, instant revenue! :smooth:

This new park to be named PResslar land will of course have attractions. there's the mad dash to the register with sweatshirt (a Spinner)

The Many plush toys of winnie the pooh (spinner)

And Behind the Maintainence Magic where you the guest get to expireance park Maitainence upclose and personal. Help change lightbulbs and empty trash.

:bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :jester:

This sounds like something your friendly neighborhood LandBaron would have posted some months back and something you would have blasted me for. Your recent posts certainly indicated that you were changing your mind a little lately, but could it be you've totally turned? If so "WELCOME".

One slight correction though. It would not be Presslar Land. The proper spelling would be:

P - R - E - $ - $ - L - A - R - Land

:p ;) :smooth: :bounce:

I don't know, My company (3Com) just announced 3000 more layoffs, so I'm not in a good mood, plus the little tiff with Peter Pirate has me going, plus, Pre$$lar bashing is just out and out fun.

Can't always be a ray of sunshine you know. :)

Just be prepared for the switch at a moments notice.:bounce:

I'm, going on a Disney cruise for my honeymoon next february, so as that gets closer, I'll probably start being more upbeat again.

I guess that makes us practically neighbors YoHo. I'm in Oakland at the moment & looking for work. I was going to apply to 3Com (because I understand it's a great place to work), but then the layoffs were announced and I decided that now would be a bad time. Oh well, thems the breaks.

Sarangel

PS. Congrats on the upcoming nuptuals and the upcoming cruise - you're going to love it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter