Reallocating points by modifying a reservation

lilsonicfan

DIS Veteran
Hi all, I've tried to read some other threads but I think b/c these scenarios are fact specific, I can't find the answer on my own.

I have points coming to me through a resale purchase. We are already in the 2024 UY for my current contract and for this new one (same UY.) 250 of these points in the new contract are banked from the 2023 UY. I anticipate that I will get these points by, let's say end of May or so.

I have a late July reservation that is using my current contract, current UY points (no banking/borrowing), but I'd like to reallocate it to use the banked points from the new contract. I understand I need to do this more than 31 days out but is there any other problem you foresee when I go to "modify reservation"? Will I have to call MS and could they do what I wanted to do?

You'll be able to reallocate. Once the points are in your account, you should be able to modify the existing reservation and the system will pull the banked and borrowed points first. If you booked during the home resort priority, you would need to use home resort points. If the website doesn't pull it the way you want it to, you can call MS.

Thanks both, yes, I forgot to add that the July reservation was booked within 7 months, not with home resort priority. Much appreciated.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter