Rebook on Board Question

Petals & Pixie Dust

DIS Veteran
Good Morning!
We booked a place holder on board and are GTY status. We rebooked for our small family of 3 and want to add my MIL. She would never go on a cruise by herself and this would be a great way to make some great memories.
Can we add her and still get our rebooking discount?
What is GTY and what is the outcome (I've read here...but want to confirm my own thoughts...)
As always, thank you!

Found the posted like for GTY. When booking on board and filling out the card, are you booking for your current stateroom or can you call and change that?

There are 2 types of onboard bookings. The first is where you choose a specific cruise and stateroom. If there is room in the stateroom and lifeboat, you can add a person later. But, they would be charged the rate in place on the day you add them, not the rate that was in place when you first booked. You will pay a deposit based on the cost of the cruise.

The second type of onboard booking is a placeholder. This is a flat $250 deposit. You did not choose a specific stateroom and do not need to indicate the number of people traveling until you decide on a specific cruise.

Good Morning!
We booked a place holder on board and are GTY status. We rebooked for our small family of 3 and want to add my MIL. She would never go on a cruise by herself and this would be a great way to make some great memories.
Can we add her and still get our rebooking discount?
What is GTY and what is the outcome (I've read here...but want to confirm my own thoughts...)
As always, thank you!

Just curious -- did you book a "placeholder" (no specific date) or did you book a GTY stateroom (specific date and passengers but not specific room)?

GTY means you will allow DCL to select a stateroom for you. A specific category may be GTY (such as 11A GTY or 4B GTY) or the last-minute special offers also list the stateroom assignment as GTY (these are "Guarantee" offers in a broad category interior, oceanview or verandah) - often referred to here as *GT offers (IGT, OGT and VGT).

A *GT offer will not allow you to add a passenger.
A regular GTY with a specific category will allow you to add a passenger, assuming there is space available onboard. If you have already been assigned a stateroom, your stateroom must have another sleeping spot and space in the muster station (if adding a child must also have space in the respective kids' club).

Enjoy your cruise!

We booked a placehold-no specific date, and it states GTY. Ship is listed as Park Date. Itinerary is listed as Park Date for Onboard Booking. They have the 3 of us listed as guests.
It says our embarkment date is 1/1/2034 and our disembarkment is 1/4/2034
Our deposit was made on 2/15/18 and our final payment is due 12/31/2033

Weirdest thing I have ever seen. It also says that there are block out dates??? :scared:

I'm completely confused.

I can understand why you are confused. Really the main important piece of information there is the date you made your deposit (2/15/18). You have exactly 2 years from that date to cruise again. Or the placeholder will automatically cancel and your $250 deposit will be refunded. You can cancel and receive the refund if you won't be able to cruise again within that time period. The discount should apply to everyone you include when you set the specific cruise date.

The block-out dates are listed on the DisneyCruiseLineBlog. Generally, block-out dates are holidays or special itineraries. DCL doesn't want to give discounts on those peak fares.

Enjoy your cruise!

I can understand why you are confused. Really the main important piece of information there is the date you made your deposit (2/15/18). You have exactly 2 years from that date to cruise again. Or the placeholder will automatically cancel and your $250 deposit will be refunded. You can cancel and receive the refund if you won't be able to cruise again within that time period. The discount should apply to everyone you include when you set the specific cruise date.

The block-out dates are listed on the DisneyCruiseLineBlog. Generally, block-out dates are holidays or special itineraries. DCL doesn't want to give discounts on those peak fares.

Enjoy your cruise!

THANK YOU! This was extremely helpful.

Everyday DS says he wants to go back to CC. It breaks my heart...I want to be there too! Soon, I promise!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!