RECENT CREMATORIUM BECOMES B&B-WOULD YOU WANT TO KNOW?

Any time a B&B (of any cost range) boasts that they are in a historic building, then I feel it's up to the person considering staying there to find out more about that history if it could be of concern for them. But really, once a building or house hits a certain age, it becomes more likely than not that someone not only died there at some point, but was also laid our for a wake/viewing there as well, even if it's always been a private residence. Simply because people used to hold viewings in their own homes. Now while I certainly understand that a funeral home is way more than just an old building where there may have been a few viewings over the years, I still think it's not something a business must disclose. With today's wealth of info at our fingertips, if you see "historic", you can most likely also find that history, and with little time or effort. :)

I personally look at it as a building which once cared for deceased guests now getting an opportunity to host living ones instead. :) It's almost poetic. :)

The Fresh Market in New Orleans is in a building that was an active funeral home until Katrina. It had been operating since the 1800s.

My Answer is a Big Fat NO THANK YOU. But I am curious to see photos/website. I'm slightly amused by the placement of the breakfast buffet area.

I am guessing most people here will respond like this based on previous threads about ghosts and spirits.

Me? I'd want to know. I might visit, but doubt I'd want to spend the night there. I don't mind a friendly ghost or two, but a place like this has the potential to have a lot of untoward spirits, too, and for that, I'd pass.

I find it funny how many people say they don’t believe in ghosts but do believe in...

Ah, forget it.

There's a funeral home with crematorium right across the street from my work. Absolutely zero impact on the surrounding area. Sometimes there's some smoke, that's it.

That's perfect because as we all know, the secret to a good burger is in the ashes.

There was a funeral home here in an old victorian style home. The funeral home closed and the people that bought it turned it in to a banquet hall type place. They have wedding, receptions, meetings, dinners, etc there and no one blinks an eye. I doubt new people here even know it was once a funeral home.

There was a funeral home here in an old victorian style home. The funeral home closed and the people that bought it turned it in to a banquet hall type place. They have wedding, receptions, meetings, dinners, etc there and no one blinks an eye. I doubt new people here even know it was once a funeral home.
:scratchin When you think about it, a funeral home would convert into a great one-stop wedding venue. Most of them have nice big foyers, lovely chapels and reception facilities. There actually was a couple of weddings done in the funeral home I worked at (rented by staff members or people connected to them).

There are two now defunct funeral facilities here in our city that were pretty well known at one time. One is now a brew pub and the other is some sort of retail place. There doesn't seem to be any stigma.

One hotel we stayed at was once used as the city morgue. The manager told us as we were eating dinner in the dining room. We kind of wondered because I was getting strange feelings about the place. Nothing bad, just a overwhelming feeling of sadness.

My kids took music lessons at a business housed in an old Victorian that was a former funeral home. No biggie.

I find it funny how many people say they don’t believe in ghosts but do believe in...

Ah, forget it.
I’m curious? In what? I guess I’m supposed to know what you were going to say, but I really don’t know.

I'd want to know so I can decline.

I wouldn't want to ' feel" that kind of possible energy

I’m curious? In what? I guess I’m supposed to know what you were going to say, but I really don’t know.

It's yet another shot at those who are religious. Some people can't seem to help themselves.

Last edited:
In Washington State they just passed a law that you can turn dead bodies into compost. I guess they will sprinkle grandma over farm fields.

It's yet another shot at those who are religious. Some people can't seem to help themselves.

Oh I missed that.

It’s not a shot, it’s just something that I often see on these boards and it’s interesting to me. I know we can’t discuss it but if someone wants to pm me and explain, I’d be very curious. I wouldn’t argue your reasoning, just as you wouldn’t question mine.

It’s not a shot, it’s just something that I often see on these boards and it’s interesting to me. I know we can’t discuss it but if someone wants to pm me and explain, I’d be very curious. I wouldn’t argue your reasoning, just as you wouldn’t question mine.
I didn’t get that’s what you meant. Ftr, I don’t believe in any of it.

It wouldn’t faze me to stay there so whether I knew or not wouldn’t make a difference.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter