Recent experiences with grocery delivery services

jekjones1558

Always happy at Disney
I am helping DSis and DNiece figure out ADRs and food for their trips. Who has used one of the grocery delivery services recently? Reviews and tips? TIA

I am helping DSis and DNiece figure out ADRs and food for their trips. Who has used one of the grocery delivery services recently? Reviews and tips? TIA
Some friends used Amazon Prime Now (free 2 hour delivery) and were pleased

They said no fresh fruit/veg type of items, but they had a car and just grabbed some when they went out to eat one night

We have our favorites set up on our Garden Grocer account, and always have great service from them. We ordered oranges and bananas, and they were fresh and delicious. Of course they have my husbands favorite beer which we can't get her in IL.

We also pack some dried goods in our suitcases. We fly SW which gives us each 2 bags, so we don't run out of room.

We are about to utilize Garden Grocer for the third time. My wife looked at the new Publix service but ultimately didn't feel that comfortable. GG is a bit more expensive, but their communication and customer service is fantastic.

Yes you can put it in for purchase. My wife has been trying to get a definite answer however regarding drop off - she is not sure whether or not you must be there to receive it vs. with GG where bell services will take receipt of the items and store them.

Last edited:
We used Dizzy Dolphin & found them great as I could order anything we needed from where we wanted them to shop, everything was with bell services when we arrived.

We have used the Publix service twice and had great service both times. At VGF the driver brought the order to our room, (not Disney policy), and at BWV bell services received the order.

:earsboy: Bill

We've used WeGoShop (wegoshop.com) and they've been great. We were staying at Boulder Creek at the Wilderness Lodge and they gave the items to the bell desk to hold. They get anything. We had fresh fruit, soda, breakfast stuff, yogurts. The items that needed refrigeration were kept cold. We don't drink so I don't know what they would do about alcohol.

we also used Wegoshopping many times and never had a problem, received everything we asked for even beer. Everything was fresh. will use them again.

Garden Grocer...six times so far! Fresh fruits always great and we usually do breakfast items...eggs, cheese, yogurts, english muffins, etc...We found that our savings in ordering water bottles covers the cost of our grocery bill and then some. Order early and you can get a percentage off!

We used Garden Grocer last week! Excellent communication/customer service. Prices were a little higher than I remembered from doing this a year or two ago, but still saved us money in the end. Ordering in advance gets you better pricing as well, as mentioned by DaisyNY.
Bell services at Poly was great - they kept everything for us until we got back to the room from the parks and then brought it up.

I have seen a lot of people mention Safeway and Publix on other threads as well. I have used Garden Grocer in the past but am leaning towards trying either Publix or Safeway due to cost savings. Not sure which one, but I am all about cutting costs where I can. We are headed down in a about a month, I will be sure to post a review comparing the two.

I have seen a lot of people mention Safeway and Publix on other threads as well. I have used Garden Grocer in the past but am leaning towards trying either Publix or Safeway due to cost savings. Not sure which one, but I am all about cutting costs where I can. We are headed down in a about a month, I will be sure to post a review comparing the two.

I would be hesitant about Safeway in Orlando. The store is not anywhere close to Disney which leads me to wonder how often they deliver there and how well versed they are in dealing with Disney.

Garden Grocer for several years. Very pleased with the service and convenience. Would highly recommend.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!