Recent grocery delivery experiences

micheleq

DIS Veteran
We arrive at RIV next Thursday and I’m debating between using Instacart and Prime Now/Whole Foods delivery. Any recent experiences? TIA!

I've done PrimeNow for the last 3 years. Great experience. Not sure how PrimeNow works with covid times.

We had an Instacart delivery on the 1st to BLT, no problem at all, Bell services handled the receipt and delivery to our room.

Everything went smoothly with Walmart delivering to bwv. Will use them again. They have a nice track the driver feature. I was able to meet them and avoid bell services

We will be staying in a studio at Jambo in October. I am a little curious as to how a grocery delivery is going to work such a limited staff with with AKL being closed. Is bell services going to be able to accept a PrimeNow delivery or will we have to be there to get it ourselves? We will be there for 3 nights so we will definitely need some food. I don't plan to walk to Kidani every morning for breakfast.

Everything went smoothly with Walmart delivering to bwv. Will use them again. They have a nice track the driver feature. I was able to meet them and avoid bell services

We never used Walmart delivery but will try it next time the last week of August!
One quick question if I may, we are debating about staying at the BWV, which we love, because we think that there's not a lot of things open there. How is it ?

We will be using Dizzy Dolphin again but this time will be delivering to Kidani Village. They are local DVC members as well. Great service and so easy to work with...smjj...ºoº

Last edited:
We were at OKW last week and had a Prime Now delivery. Not a problem. We were at parks when it was delivered and just specified in the notes when we ordered to leave with bell services at hotel. I've found Prime Now is the cheapest and has the best selection for our family.

Hello. Glad to hear everything went well with your Walmart delivery. Did you have any beer/wine included in your order? From what I read on Walmart site it looks like they will deliver it IF you meet the criteria (Over 21, present for the order, not intoxicated😎). Thanks - I can’t seem to find any updates on that info.
Hoping to be on a plane on my way in 14 days...

Hello. Glad to hear everything went well with your Walmart delivery. Did you have any beer/wine included in your order? From what I read on Walmart site it looks like they will deliver it IF you meet the criteria (Over 21, present for the order, not intoxicated😎). Thanks - I can’t seem to find any updates on that info.
Hoping to be on a plane on my way in 14 days...

i did order wine. The driver had to scan the id of the person who ordered. There were no problems

i did order wine. The driver had to scan the id of the person who ordered. There were no problems
Excellent - thanks for confirming. I believe that’s how Instacart did it a few years ago and I know Garden Grocer just had me scan my ID to them - thank you again.

Do any of them call you and allow you to meet them at bag drop off?
No recent experience on this but all the times I used Instacart in the past, They phoned when at resort and I met them outside. Had grocery bags and my kids with me to haul the goods back to our room. Going to try Walmart for next trip.

Do any of them call you and allow you to meet them at bag drop off?
Done this many times and never had this occur. We have used Garden Grocer and the last three times now Dizzy Dolphin. On all occasions our food was at the resort before we arrived and we were texted by them to let us know it was delivered. CS takes and stores it and then when our room is assigned we called and have them deliver it. On no occasions have we had to be there to sign if alchol was in the order as others sometimes mention. I think a few services may do this..ºoº...smjj

Going to be trying Instacart next month so hopefully its fine. Have a gift card for it and Instacart doesn't operate where I am at.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter